Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2014, 05:33 PM   #1

Firefly

Our I pad controls on our 15 Anthem suddenly wont control any of the TV's except the front. We unplugged everything to reset it and turned the main TV on from the remote and then could turn it off and on from the Ipad twice then they stopped working again.
All the lights and shades work correctly with the Ipad.

Any ideas?
ItsWhatWeDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsWhatWeDo View Post
Our I pad controls on our 15 Anthem suddenly wont control any of the TV's except the front. We unplugged everything to reset it and turned the main TV on from the remote and then could turn it off and on from the Ipad twice then they stopped working again.
All the lights and shades work correctly with the Ipad.

Any ideas?

I think your going to have to call in.. your unit is too new and not many out there.. If you do find out post it so others will know if they run into that issue. And congrats on the new 15!!!
Incognito. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:02 AM   #3

Problem Solved

We contacted Fire Fly and spoke with a fine gentleman named Russ. He instructed us to unplug the wires from the back of the Prodigy box that were labled for the units that were not working and then plug them back in. This worked perfectly and it was where my mechanical abilities were halted and the wifes tech skills came in.

While on the phone they installed apps, tied the system into another Ipad and 2 Iphones (one is mine, not a good idea) and we are on the way to get a WIFI system to install in the bus. I am not sure what this will accomplish, but I think the kids can surf the net and we can turn the lights out from another state. That will be handy.

Thanks to Fire Fly They were great to work with.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:06 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Question for those that have the iPad option. We have a 2015 Anthem on order and have until Friday to decide if we want the iPad option or not. Looking for pros and cons of having it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Seems like MHSRV orders all of their coaches with it so I assume there is a desire for them.

Thanks in advance, Brian
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:52 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
IMHO, I think it's wasted money.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:49 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I am not impressed. The only place I've found it ultra useful. Does a much better job as a remote for slide in and out. Very disappointed it doesn't allow for dumping grey/black wight the new $1200 option on CS for electric dumps. Could have been an easy add. My view, $5000 toy with no guarantees of upgrades or additional features and connectivity to the house. It has a wholesale in the low 3s, meaning it is a high markup option to add margin for the dealers. JMHO.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:41 AM   #7

My wife loves it. She uses it for everything that it will do. Not even sure if she knows how to use the buttons on the walls. It is also nice to have the I pad dedicated to the coach. We have all the manuels and diagrams that we have looked up saved on it.
We figured if we were worried about wasting money we would have purchased a pop up and not a high end coach. Noyhing about buying the coach is a good business decision. Just a cool toy.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:28 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsWhatWeDo View Post
My wife loves it. She uses it for everything that it will do. Not even sure if she knows how to use the buttons on the walls. It is also nice to have the I pad dedicated to the coach. We have all the manuels and diagrams that we have looked up saved on it.
We figured if we were worried about wasting money we would have purchased a pop up and not a high end coach. Noyhing about buying the coach is a good business decision. Just a cool toy.
Yep! Have to agree with ya on that one Terry. We are looking forward to that option on our 2015 CS.
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Just wanted to thank those that posted on this. The wife and I are both pilots and we like new gadgets, so we've decided to go ahead an order this option. Maybe not the smartest decision, but I've never been accused of being too smart. Thanks again!
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:17 AM   #10

I like it - not just for the geek factor. The CradlePoint router that the iPad connects to can also be used as a WiFi repeater from your cell-phone hotspot to provide connectivity to the whole coach including my printer and DirecTV receiver. I use the iPad every night to read with (have not bought a paper book in years). When I'm done reading, I use the iPad to shut off every light (including the panel lights) inside and turn the porch light on. I also use the switch above the bed to lock the front door. I don't use the A-V remote functions.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote