Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2018, 06:04 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
First real trip

We picked up our 45Y in Oct. Spent several days in the dealer’s lot then several overnights on the way home. We had a short weekend trip to a football game. Other than that all we’ve done is load it, gaze at it, get some warranty work done and plan until yesterday. We took off on a 3-week trip to the Redneck Riviera.

Coach is doing very well! Alignment took care of a wandering issue. Computer shows 7.6mpg for 195 miles. Extremely pleasant to drive on the interstate and 2-lane Texas ranch roads.

I tried to install my TST TPMS and discovered the new wheels have a dedicated hole for the valve stem that is too small to allow the flow-through sensors to be tightened. If any other ‘18 Cornerstone owners have a solution please let me know.

DW went to use the bedroom TV for her workout and couldn’t get the DVD up and running. I finally figured it out but no sound. Finally figured out how to get sound out of the TV speakers but nothing from the Samsung sound bar. Another appeal to Samsung sound bar owners to help find what I am doing wrong.

We are thrilled with the coach and eager to get back on the road after 2 nights in Lone Star, TX. (I had no idea there was a town named “Lone Star, TX” until Robin found an RV park on the east shore of Lake of the Pines.)
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2018, 06:17 PM   #2

Sound bar is bass axkwards. If the red light is on. It’s OFF. No light should be on. then it will work. Get the sound bar remote and click the button for it to Turn on with tv Input. Lower right side on remote. All should be well again.
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:18 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice View Post
Sound bar is bass axkwards. If the red light is on. It’s OFF. No light should be on. then it will work. Get the sound bar remote and click the button for it to Turn on with tv Input. Lower right side on remote. All should be well again.

Wow! I’ll try it tomorrow. Thanks!
Old 01-05-2018, 07:22 PM   #4

Hi Vance,
Kathy and I are very interested in your review of the “Y” floor plan. Have been waiting for the DEQish floor plan.

We met in Paso Robles four years ago now.

Enjoy the new coach.
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:50 PM   #5

In regard to the valve stem question, I looked at a buddy’s ‘18 ‘Stone and we experimented with my TST sensors.

Like you, we discovered the flow through sensor body is too bulky for the opening and interferes with the wheel.

However, my cap sensors without the anti-theft device affixes just fine. Removal of the anti-theft device requires removal of 3 very small Phillips screws, and the outer shell pops right off.

Seeing as the flow through sensors also restrict the introduction and removal of air, the caps are a better solution overall.

We recently purchased the color monitor and I really like it. The antenna is integrated, and the display is very good.

Our coach just turned 21000 miles old at the 17 month of ownership mark.

I’m glad you got to finally use it, and hopefully have many more great trips soon.

Best Regards,

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:50 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
We recently purchased the color monitor and I really like it. The antenna is integrated, and the display is very good.

An issue I forgot to mention with our monochrome TST TPMS is that it requires a 12v lighter plug. Our dash has one plug, on the right side of center. The lighter plug in the left side was replaced with a USB port. The monochrome isn’t compatible with USB power but the color is.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:55 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
First real trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallencollin View Post
Hi Vance,
Kathy and I are very interested in your review of the “Y” floor plan. Have been waiting for the DEQish floorplan.

We came out of a ‘14 Anthem DEQ which is why we went with the Y. We don’t feel like we need the half bath plus, with 2 100 pound dogs we need the extra floor space! We got theater seating and a booth and love both! The booth is much more comfortable than our dinette and chairs. Even my large, economy size fits well in the booth. As Stew said, “You can watch 15 minutes of any show you want with theater seating.” There is also an additional through basement compartment our DEQ didn’t have. Both through compartments have power slides.

There is a learning curve with the technology leap!
Old 01-06-2018, 03:52 AM   #8

There are a couple of options regarding the display.

-Upgrade. TST sells just the color monitor and it should work fine with existing sensors. Obviously reprogramming is required. The upside is the new monitor has a battery sufficient for several days of use before requiring a recharge. There are additional features of the new monitor,, and it is very easy to setup and use.

-Change your USB to a lighter outlet. This is less desirable in my mind because your USB port can charge a phone, or some other device. The lighter receptacle is a generation older and as such isnt very common for many devices. The upside is you wouldn’t need to spend much money to change the outlet.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 05:17 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
We took off on a 3-week trip to the Redneck Riviera.
Where are y'all staying at the "Redneck Riviera"?
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:20 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Where are y'all staying at the "Redneck Riviera"?

First “Riviera” stop is Shields in Gulfport then Buena Vista in Orange Beach. We’re only spending 4 days at each. We get to Gulfport on Monday. Ponchatoula, La on the way home but I think that is off the “Riviera.” ;-)
Old 01-06-2018, 07:30 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
First “Riviera” stop is Shields in Gulfport then Buena Vista in Orange Beach. We’re only spending 4 days at each. We get to Gulfport on Monday. Ponchatoula, La on the way home but I think that is off the “Riviera.” ;-)
Have fun ... I think you are hitting it about right - it has been beyond freezing, but next week it is warming up.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:32 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Two things,
1. You can get a splitter for your cigar lighter socket. It plugs in and has two or three sockets to allow you to plug in multiple devices. I have one and it works great.

2. I too could not get the TST TPMS sensors to fit in the hole in the rim. I purchased some good quality tire valve extensions and they work just fine. Just don't be cheap, get good stainless steel ones. Don't ask why I know about that.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:14 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
There are a couple of options regarding the display.

-Upgrade. TST sells just the color monitor and it should work fine with existing sensors. Obviously reprogramming is required. The upside is the new monitor has a battery sufficient for several days of use before requiring a recharge. There are additional features of the new monitor,, and it is very easy to setup and use.

-Change your USB to a lighter outlet. This is less desirable in my mind because your USB port can charge a phone, or some other device. The lighter receptacle is a generation older and as such isnt very common for many devices. The upside is you wouldn’t need to spend much money to change the outlet.

-Matt
FYI. On the usb outlet on left side of dash. It has a low slow charge rate. My iPhone running the Waze app plugged in ran low on battery. Either change it to a higher rate usb outlet or an outlet to plug in a faster charge rate usb device.
I did this. I run a scanner and it’s external antenna, tpms, iPhone, I tapped off 12 v power from under dash. And installed a dual outlet cigarette outlet with usb charger built in. I installed a switch to tune it off and on. Then installed
it off to the the side of dash between pillar. Works great for all the assessories
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote