Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2016, 12:01 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
First time Aquahot user need help

Hello everybody, I have the Gen on, the burner on, thermostat on low heat gas on 3 zones, but show active zone 3 only. On the aquahot, heating zone status light 1,2 and 5 on green. all pump on green, Heating status on green. I have heat at the floor level but cold on the ceiling vents. What is I'm doing wrong? is the heat from aquahot is only from the floor vent? if yes, how do I stop the cold air from the ceiling? thanks for your help.
mbaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2016, 12:26 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaril View Post
Hello everybody, I have the Gen on, the burner on, thermostat on low heat gas on 3 zones, but show active zone 3 only. On the aquahot, heating zone status light 1,2 and 5 on green. all pump on green, Heating status on green. I have heat at the floor level but cold on the ceiling vents. What is I'm doing wrong? is the heat from aquahot is only from the floor vent? if yes, how do I stop the cold air from the ceiling? thanks for your help.
Our AquaHot only blows from the floor - sounds like you need to turn the heat pumps off so cold air stops blowing from the ceiling - on our thermostat you can switch it heat pump or aqua
fegans02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:28 PM   #3

Aqua hot is floor vent only. The ac fan will blow when you select gas heat and low, high, or auto for fan speed. Do not select a fan speed, then ac fan will stop. Been there done that.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:34 PM   #4

In addition, zone 1 is the front and kitchen, 2 is the floor heat, zone 3 is bedroom and rear bath depending on floor plan. If you have engine preheat (not sure if Aspire has that) I believe that is zone 5. Basement heat is zone 4. I may have 4 and 5 reversed, not sure.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:06 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Engine preheat is a standalone feature and does not use any zone.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 02:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tex View Post
In addition, zone 1 is the front and kitchen, 2 is the floor heat, zone 3 is bedroom and rear bath depending on floor plan. If you have engine preheat (not sure if Aspire has that) I believe that is zone 5. Basement heat is zone 4. I may have 4 and 5 reversed, not sure.
You have it correct, Tex, with the exception of engine preheat, which comes on with the switch.

Agree, you have the fan on circulating cold air, AH just works from the floor. Turn off your heat pumps, the cold air will quit.

In addition to the Zone 2 radiant heating (which you will want to keep at a heat level a few degrees above the other inside zones), Zone 1 has fan driven radiator/boiler style heating under the center dash, at the kitchen baseboard, and at the back wall, and Zone 3 has two fan driven radiator/boiler style heating units, one at the baseboard on the back wall of the bedroom by the bathroom door, and one at the baseboard below the vanity.

I think that is right.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 02:18 PM   #7

Entegra says that zone 2 should be 6 to 7 degrees higher than your temperature settings on the other zones.

Otherwise, the information you are getting is spot on.

Has this helped your situation??

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:07 PM   #8

And turn on that fireplace to circulate some hot air if possible.

Sent from my iPhone 70NAM
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:09 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Hello everybody, I have the Gen on, the burner on, thermostat on low heat gas on 3 zones,
Assuming your 17 is the same as my 16 Aspire. If you have low heat gas showing, then >mode switch to "gas heat" only. Upper left guadrant should be blank. If you have high,low, auto, etc in that area you have your ceiling system active also. As my memory serves me.
pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
Engine preheat is a standalone feature and does not use any zone.
The OP stated that his status light was on for zone 5. You are correct that the thermost has zones 1, 2 and 3, however the Aquahot panel in the basement has status lights for 5 zones. 4 is basement heat 5 is engine preheat, both controlled separate from the HVAC thermostat.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:55 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

True, the AquaHot does have 5 zones but they are all heat output zones. The engine preheat is not one of them. It is a heat "input" zone that is a standalone system apart from any of the heating zones. Attached is an excerpt from the service manual showing the zone wiring.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AHE-450D Service Manual.pdf (292.2 KB, 48 views)
Old 10-25-2016, 08:01 AM   #12

Quote:
What are experiencing has nothing to do with the Aquahot, it is the thermostat settings. When you are selecting gas heat you have to cycle through all of the fan speeds (low, med, high, auto and blank). Change yours from low to blank and you will be good.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:20 AM   #13

I thought the engine loop would add heat to the aquahot if the engine was running and the aquahot would circulate heat to the engine if the engine was turned off. This is done by way of the pump on the rear of the aquahot. This is diesel aquahot only. Did I misunderstand how this works?
Old 10-25-2016, 08:41 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

No, that is the way it works. The system is dual directional but uses the coolant hoses to the engine to connect to the boiler instead of the circulating zone pumps and solenoids.

Tags
need help