Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:20 AM   #1
First trip is over, I learned a lot

As the odometer rolls up to 5000 miles its time to go back to work, it was a great shake down trip and I learned a lot. The first thing was Internet service, I thought it would work everywhere,not the case. I would start deciding where to stay each day around noon, bad idea. More advance planning in the future and will try to get to camp ground around three o'clock instead of dark. The second thing was the headlights are without a doubt the worst excuse for lighting I have ever seen, that will be corrected before the next trip with hid lamps on high and low and a new aux driving lamps from piaa. The third thig was to invest in replacement screws bolts and lots of loctite. I found many screws that had been sheared off or fell on the floor and some that were just gone,only to be found another day,maybe. Plastic inserts in cabinet doors pulled out, toilet paper holder set screws vibrated out, found them.front generator cover was about to fall off,all four bolts were finger tight and the propane shield was dragging the ground, only one of four screws left. The list could go on, but you get the picture.
The good news is none of this is a big deal, it was expected and its what I hoped I could get out of the way early.
What I can't believe is everything electrical worked flawlessly, I tested it all over and over. The cummins Allison combo did great and I couldn't be happier overall.
Later this week I will call cummins in houston, they are also a spartan service center,I need to have a complete service done, I need the ride height adjusted. The front right corner measures exactly the same with air bags empty and 1 1/2 inch low when fully aired up without cargo, passengers,water and almost no fuel. Also need to have front end alignment checked, it seems to wander more than I would expect, I will also attempt to have each corner weighed so I can calculate the correct tire pressure.

I want to say it one more time, this is a great coach and a few tweaks were expected.

Ahall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2013, 08:06 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It seems like you enjoyed your outing.

John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
Entegra Owners Club