Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2019, 02:47 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by darjacob View Post
We just got back and this is the result of using the TSD card; I pumped $1258.64 pump price and we were charged $827.41 for a savings of $431.44. One thing we did do was my wife opened a checking account in her name (we bank with USAA) and that's the account we allow them to debit. After fueling we just transfer the amount to her checking account. It takes them 2 to 4 days to do the debit. BTW, the best savings are at Love's.

Now I know there will be negative comments about this card but I just can't imagine why. At first, I was doing a comparison between this card and Gas Buddy but soon stopped - there just wasn't any comparison, not even close. Truckers don't get upset seeing an RV at the diesel pumps and even if some do, that's just too bad. My son is a trucker and he said he could care less if an RV'er is fueling at a truck stop.

That's my experience, YMMV.
Thanks for the info. I applied for a card last week - I was told it would take a week before they would contact me to finish the online form. I quit using Love's because of pricing a few years back. But Love's was usually a nice stop for fueling - this is going to be a great thing for them and the company providing it. A lot of Diesel pushers on the road and when word of this catches on it I'm sure they will do more business than with their own trucks. What you show is what I have heard from many folks. It is terrible that Love'
s charges the public 25% more if you are not a trucker. I used to stop at Flying J's - but they have slowly moved to a last option stop for me. They don't seem to want our business anymore and the RV island is just not convenient for a 40 foot plus coach with tow vehicle.

I plan on taking a long trip next year - going to Alaska if all goes well - hope to find some places to fuel with this program for sure.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2019, 03:01 PM   #44
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Thanks,

Appreciate the TSD card info. We just signed up about (2) days ago and are looking forward to the savings on fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darjacob View Post
You know I'm not trying to sell anything to anyone on this. I'm just providing you with real world experience. I will tell you that the Love's cash price on the last fuel stop I made was 2.98 and 3.03 credit. As soon as I swiped the card, the price went to 2.98. I pumped the fuel and within 5 minutes looked at the transaction on the app and I was charged 2.31. Gas buddy showed the lowest price to be 2.69. You can do what you want with this information. I'm done.
Old 09-01-2019, 03:02 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
no savings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
From what I’ve seen most of the savings is at Loves. Of course they can give you a 40 cent discount when they charge 50 cents more than most. Just bought diesel for $2.19 while Loves wanted $2.69.
You are absolutely right. The OP failed to say how many gallon he bought. I a recent 4K trip we used 533 gallons. every fill up the price was at least 50 cents lower than highway stop. At the time fuel was sell for over 4 bucks on the interstate and we typically found fuel for 345 and in the south with murphy credit cards it got as low as 321 pergallon. The highway truckstop was 390. I use my calculator to justify savings not some advertising gimmick.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:29 PM   #46

Guys TSD card works! I have been using it for a month. No problems, big savings and I use my Loves reward card for food. Google IRV2 TSD fuel and see what others have been saying. This program is the best out there that I can find.
Old 09-01-2019, 05:59 PM   #47

gas card

I talked to the lady and the card sounds like a great deal. But Wait The other side of the story. Love's sell Bio diesel and that is why they give a bigger discount because the price should be lower on the sign because it is Bio. I talked to cummins and they said nothing over 20% bio and it is ok BUT they don't recommend it. SO the rest of the story. I think I am going to stick with the regular diesel fuel places and my Costco card gives me 4% cash back and I use the rv card from flying J and that gives me about 5 or 6 cents a gallon off.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:28 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by journey15 View Post
How many gallons did you put in your Anthem??
your info is of value. Love's is often the most convenient truck stop available. even if the "gas buddy" locations were less, they may not be easily accessible.

i don't want to waste my time searching for the lowest price. a decent discount with convenience are more important
Old 09-01-2019, 06:40 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I sent in my application about a week ago. They called me today (Sunday) and said they were backed up because they were receiving so many new applications. They are working through this Labor Day weekend to try to catch up. Mine will be mailed on Tuesday.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:57 PM   #50

Any idea how much Pilot offers for discounts??
Old 09-01-2019, 07:18 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe O View Post
Very little if anything.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:22 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe O View Post
TSD's FAQ says Pilot wanted an exclusive arrangement to get better discounts. I believe they recommend just getting a Pilot RV Plus card for the times you need Pilot/Flying J.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:37 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by onholdguy View Post
I talked to the lady and the card sounds like a great deal. But Wait The other side of the story. Love's sell Bio diesel and that is why they give a bigger discount because the price should be lower on the sign because it is Bio. I talked to cummins and they said nothing over 20% bio and it is ok BUT they don't recommend it. SO the rest of the story. I think I am going to stick with the regular diesel fuel places and my Costco card gives me 4% cash back and I use the rv card from flying J and that gives me about 5 or 6 cents a gallon off.

The amount of Bio in the fuel must be listed on the pump. So far I've not seen anything greater than 20%, which Cummins is "okay with" for their "modern engines" (there's another thread about bio diesel content on these forums, you might want to find it).

There are very few places that sell motor vehicle diesel that contains 0% bio.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:46 PM   #54

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by onholdguy View Post
Unless something has changed recently biodiesel is more expensive than petroleum diesel, so blends are also more expensive. Why should the price on the sign be less?

Additionally, until recently I fueled exclusively at Pilot/Flying J and found biodiesel sold at at least half of their locations.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Old 09-01-2019, 08:24 PM   #55

No SS# Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Everyone that holds their card did........never been a big deal to me. If you had mine.......what could you do with it? Any credit/financial transaction requires it.
There are bad people out there that can cause you problems ......and are protected from them getting it......
Not everyone that holds TSD’s EFS Card provided a SS#. I put ‘Available on Request ‘ on that line when I submitted my application. TSD never asked me for it and issued me a card.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:27 PM   #56

Fleetwood Owners Club
TSD fuel card

I would like to know just what this TSD card is all about. I have been reading the comments about it, but I have never heard anything about it until now.
I have been using my PFJ card for the last 6 years and have been very happy with the 9 cent discount that I get through them. I would love to check out this new one though. Information please.

Jerry
Coolburns98
2004 HR Navigator
Closed Thread

Tags
fuel