Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2019, 06:59 AM   #71

PFJ Discount?

Interesting post, I see you are getting 9 cents per gallon and others claim 5 cents per gallon for PFJ card. I get 8 cents per gallon, I am going to call PFJ and ask for a deeper discount.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2019, 07:10 AM   #72

Diesel $3.00 per gallon minus the $0.08 PFJ Good Sam Discount = $2.92 per gallon.
$2.92 minus 3% cash back from my CC for fuel = another $0.0876 cash back.
That puts my net cost at $2.83 for a total discount of $0.13 per gallon.
It's interesting that I found using the Good Sam card at some stations discount from the cash price while some only discount from the CC price.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:37 AM   #73

this is a bit off topic but state sales taxes have been mentioned a few times. arizona taxes diesel fuel at two different tax rates - $.18/gal for non-commercial and $.26 for commercial vehicles. the truck lanes at the travel centers will have their pumps set for the $.26/gal tax rate. if you use these pumps and are non commercial you can go into the attendant and get a $.08/gal cash tax rebate.

non-commercial is defined as under 26,000 lbs and less than 3 axles.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:47 AM   #74

All you have to do is look at the daily email from TSD and see what the price is at different States and at different Loves locations. The daily price sheet list all Loves by state. The price sheet list the retail price and the contract price. Don’t knock the program until you try it. I use to use gas buddy but there is no comparison to to the savings I get through TSD with my EFS fuel card. I am planning a 4000 mile trip and I used my RV Trip Wizard and TSD fuel price sheet to maximize fueling in locations with the cheapest fuel. Try it before you knock it. Guys we are talking prices lower than I can find with gas buddy using a station where I risk damaging my 45 foot RV. I can’t even find a Sam’s Club that has prices as good as the TSD program, not to mention the easy on and off the interstate with room for a big RV with a toad!
Old 09-02-2019, 07:51 AM   #75

Thank you
Old 09-02-2019, 07:57 AM   #76

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by darjacob View Post
We just got back and this is the result of using the TSD card; I pumped $1258.64 pump price and we were charged $827.41 for a savings of $431.44. One thing we did do was my wife opened a checking account in her name (we bank with USAA) and that's the account we allow them to debit. After fueling we just transfer the amount to her checking account. It takes them 2 to 4 days to do the debit. BTW, the best savings are at Love's.

Now I know there will be negative comments about this card but I just can't imagine why. At first, I was doing a comparison between this card and Gas Buddy but soon stopped - there just wasn't any comparison, not even close. Truckers don't get upset seeing an RV at the diesel pumps and even if some do, that's just too bad. My son is a trucker and he said he could care less if an RV'er is fueling at a truck stop.

That's my experience, YMMV.
I have a gas RV and am looking for a discount card that works. Gas Buddy allows only $75 per day. We have the Pilot card through camping world but I am trying to drop any camping world connections. I find Loves has the most consistent room I need to get in and out of the gas pumps. I complained to gas buddy and they responded with a silly answer about the discount cost them money.

Tow Dolly with Mini Cooper Countryman R60
Old 09-02-2019, 08:02 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by jherrin99 View Post
. . . The other advantage is convenience of paying. I use the Love's app on my phone to pay with my EFS card. . .
Could you provide more details on this app and how you use it to pay for fuel. Or maybe just point me in a direction where I can learn more about it?

Also. . . What is an “EFS” card?

Thanks!
Old 09-02-2019, 08:05 AM   #78

Did this work at Pilot and Flying J truckstops
Old 09-02-2019, 08:09 AM   #79

Here is a great example! Today in SanAntonio TX on gas buddy I found a Valero gas station with diesel for $2.41 a gallon posted 4 hrs ago. Most stations in the area are $2.59 a gallon including Sam’s Club.
TSD at Loves in San Antonio is $2.34. Can I get my 45 foot RV with a toad into the Valero for $2.41 a gallon plus the 2% cash back on my credit card??? I don’t know and would not try. For $2.34 a gallon plus the 10% fee for the difference which TSD charges making my final cost around $2.39 plus I will use my Loves reward card to get points toward the purchase of food products
Old 09-02-2019, 08:11 AM   #80

This is not an app you put on your phone. Google irv2 TSD fuel program. Call TSD and talk to them. I did several times before I sent in my application. They are real people in Texarkana TX.

It only works at the truck pumps on diesel.

Yes it works at Pilots and TA but the best discount is at Love’s. You get a daily email for the prices at each location the day before. Yes you have to check the price daily but they don’t seem to change much!

The EFS card is the credit card that TSD will send you. There is an EFS app that you can load on your phone to keep track of your account activity
Old 09-02-2019, 10:40 AM   #81

Is there a similar card available for the folks with a gas powered rig?
Old 09-02-2019, 10:49 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin03 View Post
What is the TSD fuel card?
I don't use this site much and am not familiar with the abbreviations.
thanks for any reply

Not trying to be snarky but... IF you'd read the other 63 posts between #1 and yours (#65), you'd know what this is all about, find links to the service and links to the other 3 discussions about it currently running here at iRV2.

Just sayin'....
Old 09-02-2019, 10:51 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5356 View Post
Did this work at Pilot and Flying J truckstops
Try reading the entire thread, your question is answered already.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:39 PM   #84

where im at loves pilot flying j is a good 10 or more cents higher and all the rest of the
fuel stops
Closed Thread

Tags
fuel