Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2015, 03:28 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Florida or Gulf RV resorts ?

I would appreciate any recommendations on an RV resort for Dec-Apr....This would be our year fleeing the Colorado winters !
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2015, 05:21 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Lot's of nice ones here in FL. Gulf Waters is very nice close the beaches and shopping. Welcome to Gulf Waters RV Resort It does fill up early for Jan - Mar.
Would enjoy have another mile high resident in our area for the winter.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:31 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
If you have military base access, McDill and Patrick AFBs are (or at least were) nice. Haven't been to either in years.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:05 PM   #4

Texas is cheaper and less crowded than Florida. You have to look a little harder to find a really nice place in Texas but it can be done. If you go far south in Florida the weather, on average, will be a little warmer and nicer but Texas is good and cheaper for the same quality. All JMHO 🚌🚓
Old 04-12-2015, 06:24 PM   #5

We're in a really nice resort in Elberta Al. Lake Osprey RV Resort and Country Club. Lots for rent or sale.
About 6 or 7 miles from the Gulf. Been here since last Wednesday and moving on tomorrow.
Bill Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:33 AM   #6

Riverbend RV Resort in LaBelle Florida is an extremely nice park. The only problem is it fills up early for the time frame you requested.

2014 Anthem 44 DLQ
LaBelle Floridia
cewgcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 05:36 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Willow Lakes RV and Golf Resort At Cape Canaveral. Extremely reasonable, beautiful grounds, heated pool, on site golf course, live entertainment in a spacious club house. But most importantly very very nice folks. Book early, I mean like NOW. We stayed last year and have now moved hear as our home base. Very private, no heavy traffic. Check it out. I spoke to three IRV2 members last season two bought property hear. That's says good things.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:54 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
If you have military base access, McDill and Patrick AFBs are (or at least were) nice. Haven't been to either in years.
For those considering either of these two....absolutely 1 year in advance, make the call. And if you want a spot at McDill, make that call 1 year i advance on 1 Oct, meaning you start in October because one year in advance in November puts you on a waiting list. It'll be full by 1 November (even if the people haven't arrived yet, they pay ahead for time until the plan to arrive). Now for Patrick, checked it out last year...not good (half doesn't have sewer hookups and the other half is full. I would not recommend this park as, except for location, was not impressed. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:49 AM   #9

Les1951,

It might help get you more responses if you either narrow down the area of Florida or if you want to be inland vs near beach's or in other words some ideas of what you want.
The prices in Florida are most often determined by LOCATION or if you want a TRUE RESORT. As an example we just left the Port Charlotte area and stayed 4 months for about $1K a month at a very nice park with concrete site and 40+ feet between rigs while just down the street was a true resort with pavers, landscaping etc for $2K a month. There are inland parks that are very nice , affordable , but not really close to the hustle and bustle which may be or not be what you are looking for.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:29 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Destin,Fla

Check out rvparksdestinfla we stay there Jan and February. If a veteran check Destin Army Recreation Area. $20 a day sewer,cable,wifi,water and elect. Concerte pads. Books fast for that time of year. Telephone #850-837-6423. 2015 Newmar Canyon Star 3610.
2014 Honda CRV
Switt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:04 PM   #11

You have a lot of options in Florida. Just know that the rates increase as you get south of I-4. There are a few really nice parks in central Florida and their rates are far better than southern Florida. Just know that north of I-4 there may be a hand full of days that the temps get below freezing. I live on the Nature Coast (Crystal River area) if I can be of any help.

I used to recommend campgroundreviews.com but I'm not a big fan of the site since they revamped it. There's probably still good information in the reviews, but searching an area rather than city is almost impossible last time I went over there.
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:46 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
We are in Outdoor Resort at St. Lucie West. I think another IRVer just signed up for the season. East coast, good location
Old 04-14-2015, 05:57 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the suggestions....We have tried to find space Jan-Mar in the recommended parks with no luck...Please keep the suggestions coming !
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:04 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
If you like the Gulf Shores, AL area, try Bella Terra RV Resort. It's in Foley, AL. Very nice RV Resort with lots to do in the local area.
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida