Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2019, 02:56 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
FMCA insurance

Hi all - insurance seems to be coming up again. In the posts I've read I haven't seen anything written about the FMCA package and they are on my list to research. Do any of you have the FMCA insurance? Have you had any claims? Do the annual rates seem stable? Overall how satisfied are you with the insurance.

I did get a quote from them and it was less than my present insurance which is great....all things being equal. I haven't received the Safeco quote yet. Progressive was 50% higher.

Thank you

John and Gay
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2019, 06:21 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I just insured my 19 through FMCA. It was Progressive Insurance, but with the group discount they were less than my independent agent and a few dollars less that USAA. Also moved my cars over and saved more. That was my experience in a high risk hurricane area were many companies won't even insure or quote so high saying they really would rather not have your business.

As for claims, I am not worried, Flo has me covered.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:24 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Yes, used FMCA every time. I highly recommend them. They are a broker and will provide quotes from different companies. They found me a great price from Progressive and I’m a happy customer.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:02 PM   #4

We’ve looked at several insurance “Agents” and companies around the country, since we fulltime. We left an agent that we believe put money before our interest. After tons of hours of research, we found Jason Dobson of FMCA. He’s out of San Diego California and, in our opinion, is an honest and straight shooter who listens and we believe put our interest first.....

Jason has spent many hours answering our questions and preparing estimates for all of our vehicles. His knowledge and patience won over our business and I would recommend him to any fulltimer/partimer or any person looking for insurance.

We’re extremely happy with him and if you need his help call him @ this number 760.466.2053. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.....

Good Luck
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:39 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
fmca updates

Hi all - the rate quotes I have received from FMCA (and Goodsam) are extremely competitive from what we presently have. The quotes are from National General - I'm not familiar with them and it's interesting that some websites reviews imply they can either have dinner with the Disciples or they're the scourge of the earth but nothing in between. BBB ratings are less than realistic.

Their quotes are so much less than what we're paying I'm suspicious. I don't just want insurance rather, I want a company that will pay IF i have a covered claim.

I've been told that Progessive is a good company however their quotes are almost double what we're presently paying. And it doesn't appear now that GoodSam offers Progressive.

Thoughts?

John and Gay
Old 05-29-2019, 06:00 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkiii View Post

I've been told that Progessive is a good company however their quotes are almost double what we're presently paying. And it doesn't appear now that GoodSam offers Progressive.

Thoughts?

John and Gay
The best one to easy your mind is your state insurance commissioner.

I have had both, no claims, so no problems.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkiii View Post
Their quotes are so much less than what we're paying I'm suspicious. I don't just want insurance rather, I want a company that will pay IF i have a covered claim.
I've had two claims with National General. Both were paid promptly and I had no problems.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:53 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
In process now for new insurance

I have tried every one i could think of for insurance and
here is what i found out

progressive was $3150 MH only
others were $4000 with my car attached some $4000 with no car attached
Best was AAA at $760 BUT they will not insure anything over 40 ft
when they found out i was 44 feet they canceled

i have decided to go with harford INs thur AARP
mh and 2017 Toyota Camry Total both for a year $3100

car alone is $1200 and Hartford/AARP won't insure MH with the car too included

$ 3150.00 – Progressive increased this year by $760
$ 2,854.49 – Nationwide
$ 2,858.76 – Foremost
$ 3,052.76 – National General
N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:40 AM   #9

I'm also struggling with where to go. My Allied policy renewal quote was $2100. Up $500 from the $1600 I was paying. I called Geico because my daughter has had 20+ years of great coverage and service from them. I was floored to get a quote of $970 for the same coverage. As good as that sounds, it seemed too good to be true. Others company quotes range from $2000 to $4000. I went with Geico for the coach and three autos. Nine days after the policy took effect, the windshield developed three cracks in the lower right corner while sitting in a campground. Guess I'll find out what their response is and know if I made a mistake. To make matters worse, I had zero deductible on glass with the Allied policy and $500 now. From what I am learning, I probably should have stayed with them.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:49 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Crasher, I questioned over and over the lower rate quotes when I was shopping, come to find you what they were saying was complete replacement coverage was really book value at the time of loss. I can't say they lied through their teeth, they just had difference of opinions of what type of coverage I wanted. Some were a max of only $300,000 payout on a brand new $500,000. coach. They wouldn't even tell you until asked. Glass detectable is another hidden clause until needed. More anxious to make the sale than listening to the coverage I wanted.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:59 AM   #11

I've had FMCA for years.
They are a broker, and shop a number of companies.
Over the years, They've put me with National General, Progressive, and for the last three years, Safeco.

My regular agent, Lou, has retired. I'll need to figure out a new contact their as I miss Lou's personal service.
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:40 AM   #12

I said I wouldn't do it, but finally decided to switch from full replacement for 5 years to actual cash value.; I just could not justify a $1600 upcharge from last year for the same coverage and no tickets or at fault claims (I did have a hail damage claim). I loved the full coverage but I just was not willing to pay the company that much for the privilege of staying with them and full coverage. Damn

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance