Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2019, 11:24 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
FMCA Progressive just got me for $700 too.

Get ready for more insurance increases. Progressive just raised my rates $700 still blaming hurricanes and now the CA fires for the increase. I can just hear them next year when all the flood damage along the Arkansas River is claimed.

I will be shopping again and probably become self insured on the full replacement cost. The new quote is $3,700. I know those in Kansas get it for $1,200. through Farm Bureau, but I don't live in Kansas and Farm Bureau does not insure in FL
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2019, 12:47 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Got tired of the rate increases and switching yearly to try to keep costs down.
I now keep a large emergency fund. Dropped all comp and collusion. Saving 1-2 grand a year. Should have done this many years ago. Would have saved up 30-50 grand by now. 1 minor claim in 25 years.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:55 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Progressive raised ours $700 too. Oregon is where we base.
passman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:06 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by passman View Post
Progressive raised ours $700 too. Oregon is where we base.
Starting to sound like a flat fee for luxury MH from Progressive.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Get ready for more insurance increases. Progressive just raised my rates $700 still blaming hurricanes and now the CA fires for the increase. I can just hear them next year when all the flood damage along the Arkansas River is claimed.

I will be shopping again and probably become self insured on the full replacement cost. The new quote is $3,700. I know those in Kansas get it for $1,200. through Farm Bureau, but I don't live in Kansas and Farm Bureau does not insure in FL
I'm in NY paying 3900 with replacement insurance
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:24 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Took me a while to recover from the shock of the insurance bill from Progressive and my mind refuses to surface that particular memory. I see that again in January. What I did learn is Progressive has a feature when you coach is off the road for extended periods, you can suspend driving related coverages leaving other parts intact. Enough savings to make it worthwhile.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 02:37 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
You might want to take a look at the Hartford, thru AARP. My 2018 Anthem is around $1500/year with full coverage and increased high limits. Deductible is $1000 and the policy includes towing. We have a Texas policy, but found the rates about the same for Florida and Texas.
zcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:13 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaptain View Post
You might want to take a look at the Hartford, thru AARP. My 2018 Anthem is around $1500/year with full coverage and increased high limits. Deductible is $1000 and the policy includes towing. We have a Texas policy, but found the rates about the same for Florida and Texas.
I will call them again, it's been a couple of years but the last time they were not insuring in my Zip code, but that changes all the time. Thanks.
NIRVC was kind enough to see this post and reach out to their agent to see if they could help. Every time I turn around I am still impressed about the extra mile NIRVC goes. It's been over a year since my purchase and they are still there from reading posts on the forum.
Old 06-16-2019, 03:18 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaptain View Post
Have you been able to get any real info on the towing ins? So far I've not found a thing so I keep my CoachNet!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:35 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Have you been able to get any real info on the towing ins? So far I've not found a thing so I keep my CoachNet!
I keep Coach Net no matter what. They have a tech support line and are RV knowledgeable. I used my insurance company roadside assistance on my first MH. Called Good Sam's as soon as I got home. I found out why their Roadside assistance was included. It was worth just what I paid for it.
Old 06-16-2019, 03:37 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I haven't looked into the towing benefit with Hartford because I also have Coach Net. But, because its a part of the policy makes me feel they have tailored the policy to RV. The auto agents can't write the RV policies so ask for the group that handles the RV insurance
zcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:41 PM   #12

Progressive raised mine $700. Been playing the game for last several years. Went back to Auto Owners.
I was able to reduce my premium by lowering my acv to a realistic amount. It had been left at the purchase price since new and they weren’t about to pay that much if I total it.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:06 PM   #13

Progressive raised our auto rates so i called them and in 20 min it was reduced by $1200 for the year. I told them to figure it out or i am going shopping.
NevadaNick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:34 AM   #14

You know..... I just HATE insurance companies.... Do you all remember the days when you were insured with Allstate or State Farm and you had your car/cars, house and everything insured with them and you stayed with them year after year after year after year.... with modest or no increases in premium unless you had an at-fault accident or added a kid to the policy ???????????????

Well, those days are sure as hell gone.

Changed to Progressive to insure my house last year. My house is big and costs a lot of money (a fact and hope not viewed as bragging). I have a mortgage and got a letter that my escrow fund would be depleted this next year. Started looking into it and discovered that they increased the value of my house by 5%, and they increased my premium by 35% for the same coverage next year...... 35%?!!?????? No claims, no additions, no nothing..... nothing. But a 35% increase.

I have my agent shopping my insurance again now and hope that this is some kind of mistake or there is another company that isn't going to try to rip me off as extensively as Progressive is trying, but REALLY PEOPLE..... are these guys smokin' the weed? My assumption is that most of them hope that all of us are too stupid/busy to look at our annual premiums and compare them to last year. AMAZING!!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote