Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2017, 04:12 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
FMCA Verizon offer

I've applied for this since both my husband and I have Verizon and a hotspot (jetpack) and pay a total of $178.+ per month for unlimited. This could, and hopefully does, save us some $$ monthly. I'm not sure how to get two phones on it, but guess Verizon will call us within 24 hours and let us know. Stay tuned ....
FMCA Verizon offer:

✔ Get a mobile hotspot for $.01 with a 2-year agreement when you sign up for the $49.99/month Verizon Mobile Broadband Plan (plus taxes and fees).
✔ Unlimited data*
✔ Enjoy up to 25GB of high-speed data each month. Data speeds for usage in excess of 25GB will be reduced for the remainder of the billing period.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2017, 04:58 PM   #2

Let us know what you hear. Sounds like it could be the way to go
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:31 PM   #3

I tried to sign up though the FMCA web site. Looks like they are having problems with the sign up page. Most of the links are broken. Not a good start. Has anyone had success signing up?
Old 11-08-2017, 05:35 PM   #4

Spartan Chassis
They are still working out the details for existing Verizon customers. Highly recommend checking with Verizon customer service prior to signing up. It didn't work for me as an existing customer.
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:59 PM   #5

Spartan Chassis
I recommend anyone who is Interested in this plan go to https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/fmc...lan-announced/ and read their review.

Chris and Cherie are a wealth of information about anything pertaining to mobile internet.
Sneelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:57 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I'm not sure how to get two phones on it, but guess Verizon will call us within 24 hours and let us know.
Hi Lynn & Dan,

As I read the plan documents, it's a data only plan (no phones) linked to a Jetpack MiFi 7730L and limited to one per FMCA membership. Typically, although the Jetpack will have a phone number associated to it, there is no voice or text capability.

When I completed the online sign up process, I understood that I would receive an email within 24 - 48 hours with further instructions.

Take care,
Stu
Old 11-08-2017, 07:55 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
Hi Lynn & Dan,

As I read the plan documents, it's a data only plan (no phones) linked to a Jetpack MiFi 7730L and limited to one per FMCA membership. Typically, although the Jetpack will have a phone number associated to it, there is no voice or text capability.

When I completed the online sign up process, I understood that I would receive an email within 24 - 48 hours with further instructions.

Take care,
Stu
Wow ... if that is the case, I do not want it. Any idea how to cancel? Thanks, Lynn
Old 11-08-2017, 08:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Wow ... if that is the case, I do not want it. Any idea how to cancel? Thanks, Lynn
Yelp, no phones just a hot spot with 25 gigs, then maybe dial up speeds after that.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:08 PM   #9

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Lynn, I spent 1:40 this morning on the phone with Verizon trying to cancel. The customer service reps had NOT been briefed on this plan and it was a learning exercise for several of them and me. I am not sure I ever got it cancelled!

If you are currently receiving any kind of discount from Verizon it will be cancelled immediately when you join this program.

I talked a couple of times with Don and Jennifer at FMCA about the program as the day progressed and Don advised to give it a couple of days for FMCA and Verizon to work out the details on how existing customers will be handled. Hopefully when you get the email from Verizon it will have more and better info about how existing Verizon customers will be handled.
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:11 PM   #10

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
So they brought this back? I thought this deal got nuked a few months back?
Old 11-09-2017, 04:45 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoxlr8 View Post
So they brought this back? I thought this deal got nuked a few months back?
The link in post # 5 explains everything. Good reading for any one wanting to know the program.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:47 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
It will be nice if they come up with something for those of us who are already Verizon customers and have a Jetpack that costs me $10 a month. I get 18 GB with rollover shared among my 3 devices
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:23 AM   #13

Verizon! Such a deal.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:50 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
I just talked to FMCA to see how to cancel. She said that I will get a confirmation number from Verizon within two days via email, and I'll need that number and call Verizon directly to cancel. Anyway .... FYI

Tags
offer, verizon