Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2017, 01:35 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Former Entegra enthusiasts

Warning! Venting...We are tired of wasting the time of our lives at service centers, tired of failures in previous repairs, tired of a mysterious drive train power loss twice undiagnosed; un-repairable design flaws, including a safety concern with foot catching on the the gas pedal; cracking floor tiles front to back; and now, a clogged tank jet repair has been refused under warranty. You know, the Newmars on Freightliners for sale here at the latest service center are looking more attractive by the minute! We are quickly losing patience...maybe we already have. If you made it this far in our rant, thank you for sharing our constant frustration during almost two years of Entegra ownership. We had high hopes after meeting the CEO at a 2015 Phoenix rally, and we actually entertained the idea of a new Aspire...thinking it might be better... We do love the layout, etc...but all of this this has just been way too much to bear!
AbuelaLoca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2017, 01:54 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I'm sorry you have had such a bad time. What year and model is your Entegra? And, yes, since it has been such a terrible experience, please do trade it in on something different. Most have had other RV's that we wish we would have never bought - but others have had good luck with. Maybe your next one will be the "right" motorhome for you and trouble free. Good luck!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:29 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
We have a 2016 Aspire DEQ. Thank you!
Old 10-19-2017, 02:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuelaLoca2 View Post
Warning! Venting...We are tired of wasting the time of our lives at service centers

I feel your pain..my last trip was a nightmare..I call it my western states service center tour,1 stop at NIRVC in Lewisville,1 stop at TotalVision in Tuscon,1 stop at NIRVC in Phx, 1 stop at Colton Tucks, an still had to limp home w/engine lights flashing, hoping will not be stranded again..now I cant go anywhere until Spartan/Cummins looks at it next week..some how the peeps at the service centers think this is the norm..WTF...sorry this post hit a nerv..seems for every one thing fixed, 2 more break...
If there would have been a new Essex in Lewisville, I think we would have traded out...ok rant over...really hope I get over the hump with this coach.
jeffnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:24 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
One just sold and another out front...we looked. Gorgeous! And thank you!
Old 10-19-2017, 03:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnjen View Post
I feel your pain..my last trip was a nightmare..I call it my western states service center tour,1 stop at NIRVC in Lewisville,1 stop at TotalVision in Tuscon,1 stop at NIRVC in Phx, 1 stop at Colton Tucks, an still had to limp home w/engine lights flashing, hoping will not be stranded again..now I cant go anywhere until Spartan/Cummins looks at it next week..some how the peeps at the service centers think this is the norm..WTF...sorry this post hit a nerv..seems for every one thing fixed, 2 more break...
If there would have been a new Essex in Lewisville, I think we would have traded out...ok rant over...really hope I get over the hump with this coach.
Please keep us posted on what the problem turns out to be and how they fix it. We all want to be aware of potential issues to be on the lookout for.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
Please keep us posted on what the problem turns out to be and how they fix it. We all want to be aware of potential issues to be on the lookout for.
Will do...look forward to some positive posts some day..lol
jeffnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:04 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Unfortunately these problems exist with every brand I know of out there, the Newmar forum has it's fair share of horror stories, Roadtrek less so but I've seen a couple. We personally had to deal with bad sidewalls and failing Atwood electric jacks on our Newmar, but these problems are relatively minor as compared to some of the chassis-related issues you and others have had that could actually cause accidents. I feel your pain.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:07 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
It only took me 2 years to get though the problems of vendor built foreign junk. Nothing I could blame on Entegra and they went overboard to correct the problems. However we have to look where most of the problem really lie.... outside vendors junk falling apart, nothing that Entegra built, at least on my coach. I feel fortunate the only problem on the last trip was the dash A/C compressor, another vendor.

Three sets of rear end gears that were supposedly "made in the USA" were really made in Monterrey Mexico and only assembled in the USA by Meritor. Six months of lying from that vendor and 8 trips to the shops.

I also had the broken tiles, but Entegra included a box of matching tiles and replaced all of them on my PDI.

Has my coach been perfect..... far from it! Were all of my repairs perfect, no, but thankfully I could fix many of them. However 95% of my problems have been vendors junk, which are the same vendors on every coach manufactured. If the vendors would quit lying and the RV industry would stand up to them, most of the problems would go away. JMO and experiences.

We keep osculating back and forth on a new CS, but the bitter memories are hard to forget.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:40 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
DH sez on the coach side, the major issues were all about Entegra and not vendors, but you've got something there for sure.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:17 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I must say that the issues I had were all made in USA "junk". The jacks were designed and made in the USA by an otherwise reputable company and the issue was a design problem, you could make the parts anywhere and still have the issue. The sidewalls were a bad choice of materials and poor process and workmanship, again designed and made in the USA.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:22 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2go View Post
I must say that the issues I had were all made in USA "junk". The jacks were designed and made in the USA by an otherwise reputable company and the issue was a design problem, you could make the parts anywhere and still have the issue. The sidewalls were a bad choice of materials and poor process and workmanship, again designed and made in the USA.
And they were on Some Other Brand, not just Entegra.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:52 PM   #13

As others have stated, this is an industry-wide problem.

Prior to our Entegra, we owned a Tiffin gasser. We were very fortunate with our coach (only 5 total punch-list problems after the first 11 months); however, I closely followed the Tiffin forum, and there were "poor quality" complaints on a regular basis.

[Although Tiffin does have one definite advantage - Bob Tiffin...]

When we were researching which coach to buy, I also hung out on the Newmar section, and same thing - numerous complaints.

Frankly, I believe (JMO) that the 3 brands mentioned above are better than most, but problems will, unfortunately, continue to pop up on a regular basis for many owners.

[So far so good with our 2017 Aspire: after the first 45 days of camping, we only have 3 minor issues. Could change tomorrow for the worse, but we're very pleased to this point...]
BobG88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:21 PM   #14

As far as the fiber glass side walls Newmar stood behind them and replaced all the had the checking issue. They did prorate the cost based on how long it took to become evidend.
allynne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra