Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2015, 07:45 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Former Tiffin owners

We just sold our Tiffin RED 34. We are in the market for a new coach. We have been very happy with Tiffin, but we really like many things we see in the Entegra Anthem. We are going back and forth between a new Tiffin Bus and the Anthem.

I have been lurking in this forum for a while and I have been an active participant in the Tiffin forums on TRVN. Both owner groups love their new RVs. Both manufacturers have great designs. Both manufacturers have occasional owners who received RVs that have long and painful lists of problems.

I would like to hear from current Entegra owners who previously owned Tiffin.

Bob Tiffin has been wonderful to me and many others. He seems to always do the right thing regardless of what his legal obligations are. How is Entegra in this area?

The Entegra dealer network seems "light" in the Western US. It has been a challenge for me to find a dealer with Entegras in stock.

Also could you comment on:

Ride quality (air ride and IFS)
Ride quietness
Insulation and experience in heat and cold
Floor heat (Aquahot v wired)
Electronics integration
Dual inverters
Heated basement
Overall interior finish
Paint job
Anything else you think distinguishes Entegra

Thanks in advance
UTExplore is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2015, 09:42 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTExplore View Post
We just sold our Tiffin RED 34. We are in the market for a new coach. We have been very happy with Tiffin, but we really like many things we see in the Entegra Anthem. We are going back and forth between a new Tiffin Bus and the Anthem.

I have been lurking in this forum for a while and I have been an active participant in the Tiffin forums on TRVN. Both owner groups love their new RVs. Both manufacturers have great designs. Both manufacturers have occasional owners who received RVs that have long and painful lists of problems.

I would like to hear from current Entegra owners who previously owned Tiffin.

Bob Tiffin has been wonderful to me and many others. He seems to always do the right thing regardless of what his legal obligations are. How is Entegra in this area?

The Entegra dealer network seems "light" in the Western US. It has been a challenge for me to find a dealer with Entegras in stock.

Also could you comment on:

Ride quality (air ride and IFS)
Ride quietness
Insulation and experience in heat and cold
Floor heat (Aquahot v wired)
Electronics integration
Dual inverters
Heated basement
Overall interior finish
Paint job
Anything else you think distinguishes Entegra

Thanks in advance
I have owned two Tiffins and now Entegras. I will never say anything bad about Bob Tiffin. He was always a gentleman and took care of problems, but I'm not sure that will continue. We also spent way too much time in Red Bay with problems.
There is no competition, in my opinion, in all the items except possibly the floor heat, Entegra is hands down the best. Floor heat is slower with the aqua hot, but then again you don't have to worry about tearing up the elect. grid if you ever have to replace a tile.
A couple of other reasons that distinguishes Entegra are customer service headed by Joyce Skinner and the President of the motorized division Tadd Jenkins.
I'm sure you will get several opinions and in the end it's going to be your decision, but I don't think you can go wrong with the Entegra. I'm sure you're aware you can have a problem no matter what my you buy, but once again Entegra comes out on top with a two year warranty. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:16 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Noel ... I missed this somewhere ... Your signature.... you have a 2016 Cornerstone on order? Wow ...
2016 45A Cornerstone on order
That's Cruzer's model that he designed, correct?
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:34 AM   #4

My wife and I went to Redmond, OR to buy a Tiffin. We had been getting educated on the Tiffin site as we are first time RV owners.

Well after walking into the Entegra's we now did not know which way to go.

We left Redmond empty handed. The education continued on the Tiffin site as well as the Entegra site.

Went to the Pomona, CA show to make the final decision between the E or T.

We now own a Entegra. We are very satisfied. No major problems or even the little ones that come up. To answer some of your questions about quality and overall conditions of the construction I would have to say the Entegra's are outstanding.

The support and help from the Entegra team has been outstanding and very comforting to know they are there 24 hours a day to take care of not only your needs but any questions you might have. Being new to RV's I have a lot of stuff to learn and experience. Entegra Has made this journey very easy. I have never gotten this kind of Customer Service from anybody or company in all of my years as a consumer, which is a lot.

We bought our RV from Pharr RV in Lubbock, TX. Beaver Coach in Bend, OR is a good Entegra dealer. There is one in Southern CA., AZ and UT that I can think of that people commmented on.

Just from our time going back and forth between the T & E I would have to say go with the Entegra. I know what you mean about Bob T. We met him in Pomona. I am glad I had that opportunity.

I know this does not answer your more technical questions, but I am sure the pro's will be around shortly.
Good To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:02 AM   #5

we have owned 2 winnebago coaches their customer service is awful. We currently own a tiffin 45lp we were looking at an entegra athem 44b when we bought this coach. I wish I had gone with the entegra but floor plan and valid air leveling swayed me to tiffin. I have to say I feel winnebago builds a more sound coach than tiffin but if you have an issuewith a winnebago product you are on your own(even under warranty) . Tiffin has many issues in our bus mainly slide seales (they .et air and light flow freely in and out) granted I have not spent time at red bay (but much at the dealer) . The final straw tiffin refused to fix(after initially aproving) a repair /revition to the awnings (the angle they are mounted at on 2014 coaches will not shed water so cannot be used when raining) they have made a change to fix this in 2015 models. (On a side note there is a newmar king air in the campground we are currently in with parimount awnings they are sneding rain grate) last issue is the structure the side walls on our coach move/flex when the slides are retracted. You never know what to look for until you live with a coach and see the issues but I crawled in and out and under a cornerstone and dont see the issues I have with my tiffin, so we are taking a hit and have a2015 cornerstone on order. Entegra is on the way up their service and customer service will keep getting better in the foreseeable future(imo) .Tiffin is built on Bob, he will take care of you at the factory(but to be honest he is getting up in years)what changes will occur in his absence?
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Noel ... I missed this somewhere ... Your signature.... you have a 2016 Cornerstone on order? Wow ...
2016 45A Cornerstone on order
That's Cruzer's model that he designed, correct?
Yes, I have one on order, just haven't said anything about it. Didn't want to step on Cruzer. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:32 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Noel & Lois buy a new one every year!
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:38 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good To Go View Post
There is one in Southern CA., AZ and UT that I can think of that people commented on.
The "dealer" in Utah does not answer the phone and seems to be a RV storage facility. I have left two voicemails over several months and no success.

I was in Sacramento and the "dealer" there had no Entegra product in stock.

Camping World in Salt Lake sells Jayco and they said they can sell me one if I know what I want.

Doesn't exactly feel like there is a lot of substance to the Entegra dealer network yet.

There is a dealer with stock in LA. That is probably where I will have to go to purchase.

There is a big RV show in October in Pomona. We will go to that show so we can see them side by side.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:40 PM   #9

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Noel & Lois buy a new one every year!
Looks like it's time to upgrade their tow
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:41 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
we have owned 2 winnebago coaches their customer service is awful. We currently own a tiffin 45lp we were looking at an entegra athem 44b when we bought this coach. I wish I had gone with the entegra but floor plan and valid air leveling swayed me to tiffin. I have to say I feel winnebago builds a more sound coach than tiffin but if you have an issuewith a winnebago product you are on your own(even under warranty) . Tiffin has many issues in our bus mainly slide seales (they .et air and light flow freely in and out) granted I have not spent time at red bay (but much at the dealer) . The final straw tiffin refused to fix(after initially aproving) a repair /revition to the awnings (the angle they are mounted at on 2014 coaches will not shed water so cannot be used when raining) they have made a change to fix this in 2015 models. (On a side note there is a newmar king air in the campground we are currently in with parimount awnings they are sneding rain grate) last issue is the structure the side walls on our coach move/flex when the slides are retracted. You never know what to look for until you live with a coach and see the issues but I crawled in and out and under a cornerstone and dont see the issues I have with my tiffin, so we are taking a hit and have a2015 cornerstone on order. Entegra is on the way up their service and customer service will keep getting better in the foreseeable future(imo) .Tiffin is built on Bob, he will take care of you at the factory(but to be honest he is getting up in years)what changes will occur in his absence?
When I was in Red Bay I drove all the Bus models and fell in love with the 45LP with the valid air. I drove like absolute silk.

How does the Entegra compare in your mind? Does Entegra have a similar computerized ride control?
Old 04-17-2015, 01:13 PM   #11

Ut the cornerstome does but not the anthem . Also look at mhsrv for stock or lazydays in arizona
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:38 PM   #12

UTExplore... Paul Evertts RV in Fresno, Ca.. Now carries Entegra... Ask for Darrell or his son Jonathon Starnes, great guys..
ddgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:44 PM   #13

Congrats... Noel & Lois... Enjoy that Cornerstone, someone will enjoy your beautiful Anthem..
ddgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 02:09 PM   #14

We owned a 2008 Bus and it beat us to death when we drove it. Also did not like the wait at Red Bay since there were no appointments made for repair. We left our Coach for almost 60 days before we got in. Our 2013 Anthem drives like a dream. The forward cab is also a great improvement. Service from Entegra has been as good or better than it was with Tiffen. As for the floor heat that is the only thing I am not impressed with.
hikndog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin