Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2019, 06:12 PM   #1

Front A/C blowing warm air...

I thought this issue had been addressed previously but could not find the thread. Front A/C Unit blowing warm air and wondering if anyone had any advice on where to begin exploring possible repairs.

Thanx in advance.
John
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2019, 06:49 PM   #2

The inside fan running indicates you have power to the unit. Since the inside fan runs independently of the condenser fan you need to go outside and listen to see if the outside fan is running. If condenser fan is running I’d check compressor start capacitor, otherwise you’ll need a volt ohm meter to troubleshoot.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:53 PM   #3

Is it still under warranty? Take it back to the dealer and get it fixed.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:59 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
The owner of my Classic called with the same problem. As J.H. suggested, it was the start capacitor. If that is the problem, they are about 1/3 the price from an AC supply house rather than an RV dealer.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:24 PM   #5

Can you hear the compressor kick in or try to kick in a couple minutes after you start it?

We lost our front A/C a year ago. The compressor would try to kick in every two minutes or so. It would run for less than 10 seconds and then stop. Repeat cycle.

Since it was under warranty Entegra send a mobile tech out to verify with a clamp on amp meter that the compressor was bad. I believe he said the compressor was drawing over 50A while trying to run. Ran through a few other check points and declare it a bad compressor and was replaced under warranty.

My old coach I also lost start capacitors before. When that happen the compressor would just hum for a few seconds every couple of minutes. One capacitor was obvious. It was badly burnt on the outside. The other looked perfectly fine from the outside but was shorted.

Streve
Old 02-18-2019, 07:35 PM   #6

Don’t overlook the relays in the wiring box on front of the unit. One relay works the ac and the other(identical) works the heat pump.
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:34 PM   #7

I had the same problem with my middle unit. I tried everything to get it fixed. I replaced both capacitors and still no joy. I finally called NIRV and had them send me a whole new unit. Easy to install, the hardest part was getting it on to the roof.

Now I have some extra capacitors I carry around just in case.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:32 PM   #8

Same problem here. Took it to NIRVC and they worked with Airexcel and agreed the unit needs to be replaced. Now waiting for the part to arrive.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:44 PM   #9

Had a similar issue last spring...the green lighted button switch on the dash which was supposed to activate the AC would not stay lit and pushed in so the system would only blow warm air. I assumed the worst until I spoke with the service folks at NIRVC in Phoenix. They told me that these switches were problematic, had a high failure rate and that they had a number of them in stock...their inventory position seemed to confirm that these switches were being replaced regularly! It took a tech at NIRVC less than 30 minutes to take a small part of the dash apart, replace the switch and put it back together...and shazaaam!!! Pushed in the button and got cold air!

This may not be your issue but if your lighted switch is acting funny and/or not staying lit and in when you press it, you might try having it troubleshot and possibly replaced before you spend a bunch of time and money on other potential and more expensive root causes of your problem.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:52 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
John, I forgot to mention, when the 14 was new the AC was also blowing warm air on the first trip. Took the AC cover off to check the capacitors and found the unit covered with oily coolant. The AC was shot and had to be replaced.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:58 AM   #11

Maybe a totally different problem, but before you start ripping your AC units apart, try rebooting the entire 12 volt system. Use the "Salesman's" switch near the entry door to do it.

One of my AC units blew hot air when the other 2 units were blowing cold air when my whole Firefly VegaTouch system crashed soon after I bought my coach. It was a software problem that was part of a bigger software crash. However, there is a chance that your one AC unit got switched to heat pump mode by a software fluctuation. Those with VegaTouch have learned to always try rebooting the 12 volt system with any system controlled by the VegaTouch and some things that dont seem like they are controlled by VegaTouch first.. It that easy "fix" does not work, then look for something more central.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:15 PM   #12

I had similar issue this past July while in route to Las Vegas. Not a fun time to be without A/C.

In my case was a easy fix. The wire that is used to ground to the compressor housing in the engine bay was bad. If I wiggled it the compressor would kick back in. The termanal on the end of the wire does not require stripping as it pierces the wire with a point. This point was making bad contact. Just replaced the terminal spade with one that requires the wire to be stripped back and crimp the wire. Took longer to find my crimpers than to actually fix it. Then covered the connection with heat shrink.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:57 PM   #13

Smile

Let me begin by saying thank you to all the responses that were given in the process of investigating the failure of my front A/C Unit to supply cold air on demand. I was optimistic that Gary's solution would work i.e. " reset house power" but alas, I was not that lucky.
After contacting "Les" at Entegra C/S, he referred me to the supplier of Airxcel Units @ RVP Supplier Phone# 316.832.4357. After speaking with a C/S rep. who walked me thru some troubleshooting, it was determined that a full A/C replacement is in order. As the A/C Unit was manufactured in 7/2016 and our 2 year warranty on the Coach had expired in 10/2018 it looks as though we have won the Lottery that no one wants to win!!!, on the bright side.... I didn't fall off the roof while talking to the Tech!!!
As this is not an immediate need we will hold off until a later date to replace the Unit.

As an aside, the value of this Forum is immeasurable, with members aiding in diagnosing and troubleshooting issues, it is truly an example of teamwork and camaraderie.
I still am waiting for the day that I can assist someone in need of advice.

By the way Chuck...
#2 square bits worked like a charm to allow me to get into the bay door latches for lubrication. Thanx.
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:24 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
John, what did the tech come up with requiring a replacement? Might help the next person troubleshooting. Good going on the square bit. A phillips screwdriver can almost be left in the tool box for screws on the Entegra's.

Tags
air