Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2013, 02:15 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Front overhead TV????

We are looking at a new Aspire RBQ and can't decide on the front overhead TV. It is a $720 option. How many have the front overhead TV and never use it, or if your coach didn't have one would you spend $720 to have it? Thanks for any help.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2013, 03:46 AM   #2

We have the front tv and the mid coach tv. Would not be without. It is worth every $. When we watch tv we always have them both on so no matter where one is seated they can view a TV with out turning your head. When we dine one of us is looking back to the mid coach and the other to the front. This way you never have the TV to your back. Always one in front of everybody.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:20 AM   #3

We have an Anthem with the front TV. Would not have ordered it as an option. We don't use it. Our main TV is midcoach over fireplace and that's the one we use.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Don't know how much we'll use it long term, but when I want to watch sports (volume off) and the spouse wants to watch a movie, it works great for both of us.

Last week when both football games were on at the same time, I had each game on each set (one was in overtime).

If NHL Ice gets online, I'll definitely use both as I'm a nut, even those these yahoos cost us a half a season of frustration.

another thumbs up for the Anthem. Little things like this are what adds up to the extra for the Anthem being worth it.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
My coach is at Entegra now. I asked them to remove my useless front TV to alleviate my headaches. I was presented a $2,163 bill.....I can buy a lot of aspirin for that!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I would order it in addition to a mid-coach TV but maybe not so much on a DEQ floorplan which has it in the corner of the slide. If the slideout is in the mid-coach TV is blocked. When at a rest area or any place where the slides can't be extended its nice to still be able to see the TV. It's also a good backup should the main TV have a problem. The extra storage space you gain isn't that deep so its not all that big of a deal to eliminate it.

For those of you that want to watch separate programming at the same time, a set of wireless headphones with remote transmitter would allow that to happen while letting the normal speakers operate on the main TV. That way you wouldn't have to keep the volume off.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
We have a 2012 42RBQ with the front TV. We use it once in awhile to watch tv but use it all the time with the navigation. Much better having the navigation on a large screen than the little squinter.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
We have a 2012 42RBQ with the front TV. We use it once in awhile to watch tv but use it all the time with the navigation. Much better having the navigation on a large screen than the little squinter.
X2...easier to follow for DW than little screen pointed at me.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:44 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Front TV

I have a 2013 Aspire w front tv. I wouldn't have ordered it and prefer the extra cabinets but my wife likes the Nav display up there. It's okay with me but I ind the TV sort of a pain in the butt because when I sit on the couch and turn the main (Samung) TV on the front (Samsung) also comes on or off no matter how well you aim the remote. I guess the other virtue is if your floor plan has the main TV on the back wall ( mine is the DEQ....up front over fireplace), then guests can use the front TV enroute while you drive.

I think you can also display the rear view camera picture if you really want "the big picture".

Other than a giant Nav display, I wouldn't spend $720 again.

IMO
2016 Ford Edge toad
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
We bought the 2013 DEQ and did not order the televsion in the front. Never miss it. Our model has the 40" TV on a diagonal console just behind the driver's seat with an "L" shaped couch. We also did NOT order the fireplace, preferring to have the extra storage for guests suitcase etc if we have guests. The overhead TV is just a neck breaker to watch.
dianestew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #11
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultratravler View Post
We are looking at a new Aspire RBQ and can't decide on the front overhead TV. It is a $720 option. How many have the front overhead TV and never use it, or if your coach didn't have one would you spend $720 to have it? Thanks for any help.
Good question! IMO, there is no single answer to fit every one. Some people are real TV buffs, while others might do anything but watch TV. If you and your hubby are of the latter kind, then there is no need for you to have it. Having said that, if I were to order a new coach I will probably order it with, even though I do not like to watch TV. First, because my wife likes to watch TV (that should settle it, shouldn't it?), and secondly, for the coach's after market value as most people can't do without TV.
Wish you all the best with your decision!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
We have the front TV and use it frequently for reasons already stated. I wouldn't have it any other way - and I'm not the TV person in our family. I am, however, the football freak and I love having the game on two sets so I can see it from anywhere. I also love having the fireplace - love the way it looks and love the heat it puts out on a chilly morning. We would order both again.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
Is that an aftermarket change to view nav on tv?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post

Is that an aftermarket change to view nav on tv?
No. Just go into the settings of your radio and send the signal to the front tv. I can't remember the exact steps from the menu but if you play with it you'll find it. You'll also have to remove the relay the tv is plugged into that prevents the tv from powering up when the ignition is turned on. If you haven't already done so, it's the little black box the tv is plugged into in the overhead right adjacent to the front tv.

TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote