Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2015, 04:03 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehuwebeltz View Post
Thanks Chuck in Sw FL,

I Have not used thermometer to check - but it is cool/cold at vents although airflow seems somewhat light. Filters are clean. I am getting moisture dripping at vents particularly in back. Do you know what temp should be at vents? I am using day (and sometimes even night shades), window, and large awnings). Frankly front shades don't seem as well designed in Entegra as curtains I've seen in other units.

I've been thinking to buy an outside window cover for front window glass? Any suggestions on that?

Thanks Again!
The thermostat check is a must if there is a cooling problem. The ducts should be at least 20 degrees below ambient temperature, 25 is better. If air flow is light...filters slowing incoming air. Take the filter out and see if there is any difference in air flow. If so, soak the filters in cleaner and really hose them clean. They might look clean on the outside, but are they clean on the inside? Something is slowing the cooling. Have the outside roof coils ever been cleaned? It is amazing how much construction dirt will come out of those when brand new. I use Awesome Cleaner from the $ store and a garden hose on low pressure

Dripping at vents is humidity and an indication the A/C's are set to low. Could be the A/C is icing up.

There are no well designed front shades inside of any MH for FL heat. An outside sunscreen is a must. I use the one in the link I attached. Nice part, he is just down the road from you and can have them made in a day, no screws to install, go up in a minute with suction cups. I have had his product on two MH's and swear by them. Any color you want to match your MH. Well worth the expense in this area.

Hope you can enjoy your FL stay comfortably.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2015, 04:30 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The thermostat check is a must if there is a cooling problem. The ducts should be at least 20 degrees below ambient temperature, 25 is better. If air flow is light...filters slowing incoming air. Take the filter out and see if there is any difference in air flow. If so, soak the filters in cleaner and really hose them clean. They might look clean on the outside, but are they clean on the inside? Something is slowing the cooling. Have the outside roof coils ever been cleaned? It is amazing how much construction dirt will come out of those when brand new. I use Awesome Cleaner from the $ store and a garden hose on low pressure

Dripping at vents is humidity and an indication the A/C's are set to low. Could be the A/C is icing up.

There are no well designed front shades inside of any MH for FL heat. An outside sunscreen is a must. I use the one in the link I attached. Nice part, he is just down the road from you and can have them made in a day, no screws to install, go up in a minute with suction cups. I have had his product on two MH's and swear by them. Any color you want to match your MH. Well worth the expense in this area.

Hope you can enjoy your FL stay comfortably.
Actually if you have low air flow and moisture dripping, it sounds like you are freezing up - even if the air coming out is cold. This might be because there is a loose baffle up top in the AC - happened to me. This is not really user fixable. I'd call Coleman and discuss it. They will know what to do.

You'll know that this is the case for sure, if you can leave an AC off for a while - may be 5-6 hours. If way more air comes out when you start it up, and then it slows and gets noisier, its likely a baffle problem.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:42 PM   #17

We just got our Excursion in January. Haven't been full sun in the middle of the summer but we were at Ft Wilderness last week. It takes a while to cool the interior of the coach, but once we got down to 72 or so and the interior had 24 hours to soak, the AC kept us below 75 furring the day, and we could easily go below 70 at night if we had so chosen. We'll be in full sun this weekend at the beach, so I'll have a better idea of how well it performs then. It's just 2 adults and one child for us.

The fact your system is drawing the water out would lead me to think the ACs are working correctly. And you should be able to feel the temp difference at the duct exhaust. As one other poster suggested, if your coach has the option to route the exhaust through the vents below the AC units as opposed to thru the ceiling ducts that may help quite a bit. You might also look to plug any air leaks if possible. I know in my coach the pantry and overhead cabinets are quite warm inside, especially during the day.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:18 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
OP, you say you are confused by Zone 2. Zone 2 is your center air conditioner. You have three. Are you only using two, or are all three zones set to cooling?

In humid conditions your AC should be set on high. This forces the fan to run at high speed and helps dispell moisture and prevent icing up of the coil.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:20 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Nice to finally meet someone who travels with more dogs than us

Besides the above great answers, I higly recommend a fan to move the air around. We use a Dyson AM07 bladeless fan which works great. Also very useful when wanting to bring fresh air in from the outside.
Jersimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:23 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
What Marc said. If you are confused what is basement heat and A/C, might want to glance at the thermostat owners manual and make sure all zones are set to A/C. That could make a big difference.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:29 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
We live fulltime in our motorhome in SW FL. Two adults and no pets. We are in mostly sun facing north. North facing is by design. We rarely use the window awnings. We keep the day shades down and use the night shades as desired during the day. We do not use or even have windshield covers. All three zones are set at 73 degrees. The daytime interior temps seldom exceed 76 to 77 on the hotest days and that is in zone 1. The remaining areas stay cooler and the A/Cs cycle on and off as required. The A/Cs run very seldom at night. JMO but if you are not comfortable in yours, there must be a problem somewhere.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:40 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
OP, you say you are confused by Zone 2. Zone 2 is your center air conditioner. You have three. Are you only using two, or are all three zones set to cooling?

In humid conditions your AC should be set on high. This forces the fan to run at high speed and helps dispell moisture and prevent icing up of the coil.
Selecting fan controlto"hi" and running continuous is a must in Fla. - I made the mistake of leaving mine on "auto" ( it's what I do at home); the a/c's will go to low speed fan before completely shutting off. in the Fla. humidity, they will quickly ice up, further reducing airflow.
My front a/c iced up, then ran warm overnight, and ultimately dumped a gallon of water on the salon floor in the am when it tried to defrost itself!
Since setting alwat to "hi" fan and running conitnously, we have had no furtehr problems and stays quite comfortable. An outside front sunscreen is also an absolute must!
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:46 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in FL View Post
We live fulltime in our motorhome in SW FL. Two adults and no pets. We are in mostly sun facing north. North facing is by design.
Good point. North facing keeps the sun off your windshield, where you absorb most of the heat. In hot weather I always look for a north facing site. It makes a huge difference. When the sun shines on the front of your RV it really heats things up. When it shines on your rear end, you hardly feel it.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:57 AM   #24

We are also currently in Florida and the comments about North Facing are correct. However our last site here was not North Facing and still we're able to keep the coach very cool with only 2 ac's running. Front window day shades always down, window awnings out, and door awning ways out Our last site the afternoon sun would come right thru our entry door so we would keep that down all afternoon also. This made a huge difference we also have a 2013 Anthem that was made early 2012.
Also really watching the day shades has made such a difference that when we travel in hot climates I keep the coach and bedroom day shades down (except for front shades) which really helps to keep the coach cooler. Good luck
roadrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:30 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
North facing and shaded sites are perfect for a cooler MH. However for water view sites, where we like to go, all face east and west to view the oceans. Shade in FL is almost non exsistant except in central FL. All of the coastal areas have had the large trees removed from hurricanes over the years. Just some tips for others that will be visiting our beautiful state. Do have your AC working perfect even for winter visits, 80 degree days are common.

ehuwebeltz how are you coming with getting your A/C's to cool down?
Old 05-20-2015, 07:56 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymyst View Post
Selecting fan controlto"hi" and running continuous is a must in Fla. - I made the mistake of leaving mine on "auto" ( it's what I do at home); the a/c's will go to low speed fan before completely shutting off. in the Fla. humidity, they will quickly ice up, further reducing airflow.

My front a/c iced up, then ran warm overnight, and ultimately dumped a gallon of water on the salon floor in the am when it tried to defrost itself!

Since setting alwat to "hi" fan and running conitnously, we have had no furtehr problems and stays quite comfortable. An outside front sunscreen is also an absolute must!

This is a important point and a good post. It's very important in high heat/humidity conditions to keep the air flow across the coils as high as possible. That's why keeping the return filters very clean is also important.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:11 AM   #27

Frying in Florida (boiling?)

Moving about is our key to comfort, and the gateway to our adventures.
We follow Spring to the North, and Fall to the South. Winter and Summer are the only possible challenges, but we get by okay.
Our goal is never hot nor cold, but 90 degrees does happen once in a while. But A/C or heat are seldom needed; more $ for Fun and Fuel.
If you don't move, adjusting your hot/cold prevention barriers is a must.
Happy Trails
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:24 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Moving about is our key to comfort, and the gateway to our adventures.
We follow Spring to the North, and Fall to the South. Winter and Summer are the only possible challenges, but we get by okay.
Our goal is never hot nor cold, but 90 degrees does happen once in a while. But A/C or heat are seldom needed; more $ for Fun and Fuel.
If you don't move, adjusting your hot/cold prevention barriers is a must.
Happy Trails
Not always the case for FL visitors. Many families like to come to Disney when the kids are out of school. The offshore fishing is the best in the summer months and the beaches can't be beat.

Tags
florida