Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2017, 08:21 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomertx View Post
In DFW pics on local stations showing people pumping gas into open 5 gallon paint buckets, 5 gallon water cooler jugs and one guy in a car with 11 1 gallon jugs filling up. Spoke with manager of the local QT station last night . . . their last deliver which usually lasts about 30 hours lasted 6!! The "shortage" is in having enough tankers to deliver fuel at 2-3 times the FREQUENCY as normal.

And of course the social media "lynch mobs" are hard at it . . .
Who I feel sorry for are the people stuck in shelters because a family member can't get to them to bring them to their homes because the can't get a tank of gas.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2017, 04:44 PM   #30

I spent the day mucking out a friend's home. We lucked out and had debris within less than a foot vertically from our house.

What a truly humbling experience.

I worked to clear their garage so we could place those items salvageable in a safe place

I tried to unlock the steering and trans on his wife's CTS without luck. I simply drug it out with a tow strap. That one goes to the scrap yard.

His 20+ year old Tahoe got some water in a couple of cylinders through the exhaust. I pulled the plugs, squirted some WD-40 in the wet holes and cranked it over until the cylinders were dry. Stabbed some fresh plugs in and got it running. All fluids will be changed ASAP.

The oldest, highest mileage, crappiest car is saved. My buddy was elated.

All grades of fuel are plentiful at many locations around the area. In many places, it is life as usual then you go another mile and it looks as if a bomb went off.

The real shortage is going to be qualified Claim Adjusters and drywall.

I suspect there will be an enormous number of foreclosures on properties that had no flood insurance, and are no longer habitable. The economic impact of the numbers involved will be felt from coast to coast.

What a day.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:39 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Tonight's news here said several areas of Houston will not be accessible for another 15 days.

We thought we had it bad when a hot water heater erupted through our house for a month, we feel very lucky! The damage and anguish there is beyond my comprehension.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:06 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gas prices went up 40 cents overnight in the Roanoke area.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:05 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
DW filled up her Auto on Friday, could only get Premium, paid $4.09 in Irving. Rip off. - $77 to fill up.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:46 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
Gas prices went up 40 cents overnight in the Roanoke area.
Isn't that crazy that out of state, FAR away from TX dealers use that catastrophe to line their pockets.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:20 PM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Isn't that crazy that out of state, FAR away from TX dealers use that catastrophe to line their pockets.

Roanoke, TX. It's in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:20 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
Roanoke, TX. It's in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
Sorry, I thought you meant Roanoke VA. A lot better known.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:30 AM   #37

I am in the Dallas suburb of Wylie. Yesterday morning the wife and I decided to go out for breakfast. On the way over we past several gas stations. Only a few appeared to be with out fuel. The ones that did have fuel had the fuel islands about 75% full but no lines waiting. On the way home it was the same thing except a Exxon that we passed that had no fuel, still had no fuel but cars were starting to line up. Just like flies be attached to a pile of ..... they just could not seem to help themselves when they saw the tanker pulling in to the rear of the station. Again just down the street more stations with no lines and fuel.

The one thing we did notice is almost any station that was out of gasoline still had diesel.

Last night I pulled into a Racetrack to pick up a cold drink. Again they had fuel and everything seemed normal until the tanker truck pulled in. As I was paying for my purchases the cashier at the next register it talking to another customer and says, "Here we go again" referring to the tanker truck.

A buddy of mine is a fleet manager for a company here in Dallas. They have a large enough fleet that they have their own pump for the fleet. He was notified on Thursday by his distributer not to expect any fuel deliveries until at least mid-week as all fuel that the distributer receives will only be delivered to retail outlets until further notice. At the same time is counter part in Houston has already had the contaminated fuel from the tanks there pumped and replaced. He has been told that if more fuel is needed, it is being delivered on as usual and to expected the same necessary lead times as before the Hurricane.

I guess there has been a run on gas cans too. My wife spotted an idiot on Friday night filling up brand new "Homer" buckets with gas.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:15 AM   #38

I live in northern NY state. Gas prices have risen about 20 cents in the last couple days. This is understandable though as it was explained there have been interruptions in the normal delivery channels up here to the distributors. Mainly the Colonial Pipeline. This is forcing the transportation of fuel via trucks. No reports of shortages though as of yet.
Gas averaged around $2.66 9/10ths. yesterday. Was $2.46 9/10ths. Thursday. I'm sure we will see it go higher before it comes down again.
My wife bought 2 cases of 24 12 oz. bottles of water yesterday on sale for $1.99 each. The news has reported some outlets in the flood area charging $99.00. Yes, ninety nine. The folks doing this should be put to work cleaning cellars in flooded homes for a while. Not just being thrown in jail or paying a fine. It does sound like the Texas AG has a handle on this.
I got a phone call last evening soliciting a donation for flood victims. This was made by a woman which could hardly speak English. If she understands English better than she speaks it she fully understands what I think of her and her fake cause. It's a wonder my phone didn't melt.
My wife was in another room and came running when I started hollering.
I hung the phone up and spouted off for an hour or so.
Lynn
Old 09-03-2017, 08:23 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
As stated, here in the dfw area, it's the idiots making abnormal runs on the fuel and exceeding the normal supply.
most of the pumps we saw had signs stating out of this grade or out of that grade...

Across the street one station just took down their price signs and one had $3.99 per gallon for regular !
Old 09-04-2017, 09:00 AM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
DFW Gas Shortage

We are currently in the DFW area and have seen the same problems with no Gas. It seemed like late last week was the peak and things have gotten a lot better lately.

I went by quite a few places this morning and all had gas at $2.65 for regular.

I haven't used it but several people have told me that they had used GasBuddy app with success.
PCXMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:26 PM   #41

Here in California there is little connection with gas prices elsewhere. Ca fuel has a different formulation and so they can't bring in gas from outside. That's what they tell us whenever a refinery issue here causes a spike in prices - we have an insular market. Of course, that didn't stop the stations here from jumping prices immediately upon news of Harvey. Unleaded regular has been running about 2.89 to 2.95 for months (see, we get gouged all the time, not just when there is a storm) but it now is 3.09 to 3.49.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:36 PM   #42

Just took a trip to the Oklahoma side of lake Texoma, gas was $2.29 in Oklahoma, right after crossing back into Texas price jumped to $2.49. The closer to Dallas we got the higher the gas prices went, on the south side of Dallas where we live fuel is $2.65. Stations are out of premium and mid grade, regular is the only grade available. Fortunately all of our vehicles use regular 87 octane fuel so at least something is there!
soonerdave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel