Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2014, 08:35 AM   #43
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flnryan15 View Post
Does anyone have any mpg numbers when not towing a car/truck for the Anthem?
It really did not seem to make a difference, in my experience.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
Speed is the biggest factor of fuel economy. For an idea of how much wind force your motorhome has to push out of the way at varying speeds, check out this link - RV Tech Library - Fuel Economy Tips
This is my first long road trip in my 2014 Entegra 44B. I have been comparing the computer's MPG figures with the actual MPG figured manually by me. My figures are a little less than the computer, but if I consider my generator usage, I believe the computer is pretty accurate. On this trip, I was using cruise control @ 65mph and getting around 7-8mpg towing a full size Dodge Ram. I had a check engine light come on. It was Friday afternoon and no where to get it checked until the middle of next week. Cummins said it was safe to drive but could shut down at any time. So I took it easy and made it another 1000 miles into Middlebury. I had my cruise set on 55mph the rest of the way trying not to work the engine any more than I had to. My mileage jumped to 10mpg on the last tank. I have talked to people that claimed 10mpg, but never believed it possible until now. That shows how much aerodynamic drag multiplies as you increase speed.

James
Old 10-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #45

Biggest difference for me is whether I'm driving or my wife. She seems to get 1 mpg better milage, can't figure out why.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:22 AM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
Hawgguy, in my case it has to do with my right foot bone.....
Jerry0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:42 PM   #47

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
I reset my average fuel mileage readout after my oil change in Charlotte. From there to Urbanna, VA, I got 7.9 mpg thru the mountains. Reset again this morning and after 400 relatively flat miles down I-95 from Richmond to St. George, SC, I'm getting 9.9 mpg. Running 64 mph towing 5500
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
Pat:

Have you figured you mileage using pencil land paper? My readout is consistently wrong (sometimes as much as 20%) Dealers and Spartan just shrug and say that's as good as it gets.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:25 PM   #49

Why in the world are you worried about fuel when paying a Quarter mil for your unit, that is the least of the issues with these units. If worried about 6.9 vs 7.2 get rid of the MH and get a prius God for bid. 4 pages on this, wow
Old 10-06-2014, 06:27 PM   #50

And owning a quarter mil rig yourself, what attracted you to read a thread titled fuel mileage? 😳
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
well, well I must be doing something right or purchased a DP that was well maintained, it the last 3 years after 18,000 miles travelling from one end of the continent Nova Scotia to the Sea of Cortez including the mountains to the Grand Canyon I have averaged 12.5 miles per gallon on a 2001 - 36 Itasca Horizon with a 330 Cat Average speed is 60 miles per hour and 95% of the time on cruise control
jeanbev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #52
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lault View Post
Why in the world are you worried about fuel when paying a Quarter mil for your unit, that is the least of the issues with these units. If worried about 6.9 vs 7.2 get rid of the MH and get a prius God for bid. 4 pages on this, wow
Not worried; just interested. Comment not very helpful.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:24 PM   #53

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
If you own a 1/4 million $ + rig, what else is left to talk about My millage sucks compared to others, I find it interesting to know. I don't care to support Flying J anymore than I have to and I will spend the additional $100. at Cummins to find out why...no big deal, except I am a little more educated.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:56 PM   #54

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
I reset my average fuel mileage readout after my oil change in Charlotte. From there to Urbanna, VA, I got 7.9 mpg thru the mountains. Reset again this morning and after 400 relatively flat miles down I-95 from Richmond to St. George, SC, I'm getting 9.9 mpg. Running 64 mph towing 5500

....I meant to write 9.1 mpg. For first day....not 9.9...

Today, after an additional 400 miles, my average is now 9.3 mpg.....so it actually went up.

Stew, after a second fill-up, the pencil & paper calculation matches. I had negligible generator time. For 3/4 of the trip, I was not using my dash air....just the vent. There was very little wind these two days. It was pretty flat from Richmond to Thousand Trails Orlando (compared to driving through the Rockies). There were no appreciable construction delays nor traffic delays....just a tiny slowdown around Disney World.

All together, I'm pretty happy with my Aspire.

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:14 PM   #55

Quote:
Don't you know there are two things men like to talk about, one being fuel mileage!! Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:59 PM   #56

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
Quote:
Hey, you can have both!! We had a Prius (not easily towed), and replaced it with a (very towable) Fusion Hybrid. We would have gone for the Fusion Plug-in, but the trunk is too small (no room for beach chairs for 4). We tell ourselves that the good fuel consumption of the Hybrid offsets the poor fuel use of the coach. We'll keep telling ourselves that...
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel