Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #1

Fueling up an Anthem

How does the tank take the high volume nozzles at truck stops? Any problems or something to be aware of?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Have to keep an eye on them; however, I haven't had one pop out. Does tend to overspill almost every time, and I use the windshield washer just to rinse off the fuel without scrubbing.

DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
New owner? If so congratulations.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebear47 View Post
How does the tank take the high volume nozzles at truck stops? Any problems or something to be aware of?
I always fuel in the truck lanes and never rely on the auto cutoff. I hold the handle while standing off to the side so as not to get splashed if it burps. If you listen closely you can hear the fuel coming up the pipe when it is nearly full. I'll then nurse the fuel in, cutting down on overflow. I also have a special pair of gloves that I wear to keep the fuel off my hands. If fuel spills down the side of the coach, I have a bottle of detail spray that I use to clean it up.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #5

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
On our DSDP we have dual fillers to the tank. When I use the truck lanes I open the off side filler to allow venting and manually run the nozzle as well as standing to the side!!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #6

Since the gauge has never been right.....I reset the trip 2 each time I fill and with that and MPG reset each time, calculate fuel burn and slow down fuel fill early enough to save my shoes. Must clean docking light once or twice a year.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #7

Mr. D, do NOT try openning both fillers on an Entegra and relying on the shut off to work if the offside is downhill from the filler side even a very small amount (this is the same on Monacos also that I KNOW of for sure and likely most motorhomes) because the fuel will flow out on to the ground and never shut off. It can create a big, expensive mess that the station owner CAN require you to pay the very considerable clean up bill for. If hazmat is called it could run into thousands for just a few gallons of spilled fuel. Just my opinion and experience.
Ann n Gene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #8

It handles the high speed nozzles fine...BUT and it's a big BUT here...

I agree with Gene; never open the off side for the reasons discussed.

To Tnrzyd's/Bullhead's point, I take note of approximate gallons needed and will let it auto fill until approx 15-20 gallons of the calculated "full" mark and then ease the fuel in until full.

I have had the nozzle fall out a few times. I never walk away from the nozzle as the angle simply doesn't allow it to stay in like a typical car/SUV. I've been lucky each time as the auto shut off prevented diesel from spilling. That said I always keep pressure on the nozzle as it fills. That's my .02 cents.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #9
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I've learned to estimate the amount of fuel I'll need and will take over manually 15 - 20 gallons shy of that to prevent getting a diesel shower. Every once in a while though, it will "burp" shortly after starting the pump spraying fuel, so I've also learned not to stand in the line of fire when fueling.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #10

All you guys need to talk to Entegra and ask them to move the filler fwd of the slide and up on ds. That would eliminate the splash back and you can fuel at high volume pumps with no problem!!! Noel
Old 04-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
All you guys need to talk to Entegra and ask them to move the filler fwd of the slide and up on ds. That would eliminate the splash back and you can fuel at high volume pumps with no problem!!! Noel
Noel, that's kinda hard to do on a finished coach. Besides, I don't feel the process I follow is inconvenient or difficult fueling at high volume pumps.