Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2015, 05:04 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Full Timers and Repairs

So....we've been full timing in the rig for over a year and now have our first repair shop required repair. Been off the rig for three days now and didn't realize how accustomed we had become to the big girl.

We built an RV port home for the thing and have a small apartment inside the building as well. Sure is a big empty space in here without the Aspire!

Can't wait to get her back!
coachmanrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2015, 07:38 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Congrats on figuring out an alternative. Our view...if we develop a problem requiring that type of repair....cheap Caribbean cruise!

Anymore that is cheaper than a motel.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 06:27 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
looks like a new radiator is in order...at least it's a relatively easy fix!
Old 10-23-2015, 07:28 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmanrvr View Post
looks like a new radiator is in order...at least it's a relatively easy fix!
I am waiting for the same part. Lazy Days does not call it an easy fix They even asked if I wanted to take it somewhere else.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 07:57 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
That sounds off to me...I talked to Spartan last week and they said they had access to 13 to 15 units slated for production. Meaning they could pull from a production order and order a replacement for their build line.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:00 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
You've had too many issues at this point ...hope you get that rig sorted! We've been very lucky with our 12 model. This is the first repair in a year with 16k miles that we couldn't handle.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:19 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
My radiator was just ordered Tuesday and should be here from Spartan in a week LD said. All I can say about this coach is I didn't build it.

Who is doing the replacement and how long are they telling you they will need the coach for? I am being told 4 days and I am really questioning that.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:51 AM   #8

Chuck

I had my radiator replaced by Cummins Southern Plains in Houston. The radiator has to come in by truck (as it comes in with a cooler unit also), and that took 3 or 4 days from Michigan to Texas. Then the repair took about 8 hours of shop time. My memory is that Cummins said Spartan pays them 7 or 8 hours of shop time to do the swap, but it usually takes them slightly longer to do it right, but they eat the overage. Now, I believe that a big part of this is that they have to cut the channel that the radiator sits in out of the coach. I think mine was cut out with a torch or saw. Then they have to weld it back in after the new radiator is installed. There have been several past threads on radiators that you can find that will give you numbers close to mine, 4 days is complete baloney in my opinion. You remember the thread of the Floridian that got to west Texas on his first trip and wife said she would not get on coach again after their frustration with the radiator problem? Maybe May 2015. Lots of information in that thread. Them telling you it is a 4 day job is pure baloney from someone who does not know what they are talking about IMHO. Day and a half max.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 07:03 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for that info Gary. I totally agree with the time frame. However I am finding the LD has 2 speeds, very slow and nothing. Lazy Days also said that Spartan does not pay enough time and they are trying to get 2 additional hours added. I think that was why they asked if I would like to take it somewhere else.

LD operation is run like a union shop, one shop cannot do another's job. To do the cutting and welding that has to be the body shop scheduled to do that. Another day just for scheduling. There service area is the biggest joke I have ever seen. I had a lot of warranty work they could have made some good money on....but I will take it back to Entegra.....my warranty would be up before LD could get it scheduled.

I have 2 days worth of work, 1.5 for the radiator and .5 for the axle hubs. With LD it will take them 2 additional days to schedule it. If they didn't have the experience with the radiator changes I wouldn't take it back.

Tags
full time, full timer, repair, repairs