Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2014, 05:43 PM   #1

Fuzzy rear camera

I think this is a defect. New Cornerstone. Rear camera resolution/focus is poor during daylight - nearly unusable at night. Side cameras seem fine.

I did climb a ladder and clean the lens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rearcam.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	71864  
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2014, 06:51 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Pull the unit out of the dash and check the connections. A few have been delivered loose.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:01 PM   #3

That's a great idea. Just pull the bezel - or unscrew the whole dash plate?
Old 08-24-2014, 08:52 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
It's easier to unscrew the dash plate, it's also easier to get to the connections. Also lay a towel down on the top of the console to help prevent scratching the screens. Hope it is a simple fix
Old 08-25-2014, 10:49 AM   #5

Thanks for the advice. I did. There are not individual connections to the camera monitor, but rather a ribbon cable of sorts with a yellow RCA plug that goes to what appears to be a video bus. I did find one mini-RCA jack labeled "IR" that was disconnected (couldn't see where it was supposed to go - if anywhere). I wonder if that's why the picture seems so much more degraded at night. The side cameras seem better than the rear. As an aside, my Newmar would put guide lines on the screen with distance markers when in reverse, really made backing up to the toad easier.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:11 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I don't think my night camera view is that fuzzy but it's hard to say of a snapshot of a video screen at night in a vibrating vehicle. I don't use that split screen view and tend to turn my back camera to "view only when in reverse mode" because the screen is distracting at night. It almost appears like your brightness is adjusted too high.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
I don't think my night camera view is that fuzzy but it's hard to say of a snapshot of a video screen at night in a vibrating vehicle. I don't use that split screen view and tend to turn my back camera to "view only when in reverse mode" because the screen is distracting at night. It almost appears like your brightness is adjusted too high.

It may have been maladjusted. Had just left the dealer a few hours previously and have not gone through all of the manuals yet. I did spend some time adjusting the settings today - will have to recheck. Still not as sharp as the Voyager system used in my last MH. And I really miss the backup guidelines in reverse. I did pop the rear camera cover from the closet - simple connection, looked fine.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
And I really miss the backup guidelines in reverse.
I agree. I back down our curved 300' driveway and it was much easier with the backup markers we had on the old Tiffin.
Jersimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersimon View Post
I agree. I back down our curved 300' driveway and it was much easier with the backup markers we had on the old Tiffin.
Is that a function of the camera or the display? Camera is fairly easy to replace, display not so much.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:19 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
It's a function of both. The system that Entegra used to use was a voyager monitor(it has the back-up markers) and an adjustable camera that had night vision capabilities. The new system has neither the lines nor night vision, at least the 2014's don't. Changing it back is a big task, mostly because of the wiring. The new system uses a 4 wire harness where the old one is 5 wire. The 5th wire controls the up/down of the camera.
The biggest issue with the new system is the camera. If you are still thinking about a wireless camera for your hitch, I would just change the camera out for a low lux, narrower angle camera. It will give you much better vision both at night and during the day but you will have to use your wireless to "see" your hitch hook-up.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:58 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
I did prefer the backup markers and tilting camera on the 13 Models more than my 14.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:43 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I don't care for the super wide angel on the 2014 cameras. I have a brake light that sits on the dash of the toad that is connect to the brake peddle switch where I can see if my tow brakes are being applied. With the new camera there is not enough detail to even see that light, light up on the dash anymore.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:40 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
I did prefer the backup markers and tilting camera on the 13 Models more than my 14.
A big X2. That's one of several things we really think were moves backwards. We have discussed this a lot and for once DW and I agree that we prefer our modified 2013. (Fan in bedroom, Induction Cooktop, LED lighting, Generator slide automated, Bed storage improved) Loss of the compass/Temp on the dash was just silly

Tags
camera