Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2016, 10:43 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
GE fridge water supply seems frozen?

Outside temp is ~20, basement temp is ~70, all water works except GE door water supply. Does anyone know how the fridge water supply is routed? Could it be frozen when nothing else is? I replaced the filter, which is new, with the bypass plug (?) and water still doesn't flow. It is going to get colder before it warms up!

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2016, 12:12 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Vance, I may be mistaken, but there is a small filter next to the large one on the passenger side of the basement and on the wall beside the basement freezer (I'm thinking back to my Anthem, 2013, but same in my 15 CS). That small filter ran to the fridge, I think, as well as the small sink faucet. I am thinking, do you have water in the door of the fridge, and also do you have water in that small faucet (for drinking water ) at the sink. That is what I was told the small filter was for, in addition to the large.

Now that said, it is at the extreme of the basement and next to a wall to the small rear passenger side bay, which I would think doesn't get as much basement heat, because it doesn't have a vent. In addition, somewhere in that same space between that wall the filter is mounted, there is also a pump for water.

I don't know how cold you are, but I suspect pretty cold. See if your pump is operating (as if on coach fresh water. Check that filter...it could either be froze, or the lines to it could be frozen. The other possibility, if you haven't changed out that filter in a while, it could be dirty and stopping the flow to the fridge and the drinking water faucet at the sink.

These are just some places to start looking. Hope that helps. BTW, I'm not sure I ever have fully trusted the basement heat system, but I may just be paranoid about failure in that area.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 04:48 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Dave is correct. That line runs along the outside kitchen slide wall up to the small sink faucet. It is the smaller plumbing line, so it will freeze first. There is a good chance it is not going to get enough heat at 20 below. You might be able to put a space heater under the kitchen sink pointing at that wall to defrost it. -20 is going to be hard on any MH plumbing.
If you need ice, should be able to pick it up anywhere outside Boy I don't miss those days.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 07:16 AM   #4

Spartan Chassis
Per PJ at Spartan school in October: if your refrigerator is in a slide-out the water line to the refrigerator is not protected by an Aquahot line or basement heat as are all of the other plumbing lines and tanks. It needs to be drained to protect from freeezing.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 09:23 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
Per PJ at Spartan school in October: if your refrigerator is in a slide-out the water line to the refrigerator is not protected by an Aquahot line or basement heat as are all of the other plumbing lines and tanks. It needs to be drained to protect from freeezing.

This is the most logical, I didn't even think of it but makes sense that it worked until we got into overnight lows. Searching the web revealed that GE door water dispensers have a tendency to freeze in the door but I bet ours is a frozen line in the slide.

Chuck - It's not minus 20 here, it's about 20. Or was, it was 11 overnight!

Dave - Drinking water faucet works fine.

Now to hope the line just freezes and doesn't split!

Vance & Robin
Old 12-07-2016, 09:39 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post

Chuck - It's not minus 20 here, it's about 20. Or was, it was 11 overnight!

Dave - Drinking water faucet works fine.

Now to hope the line just freezes and doesn't split!

Vance & Robin
Glad it was not 20 below, mis-read the ~20.
The good news, your good to the kitchen sink. The bad news, is between the sink and the ice maker. I had that line freeze and split on the TS but it was easy to get to from the outside panel. On the Entegra, it would be sliding the refrigerator out. If there is a shut off between the sink faucet, might try to shut it off and hope for the best. I wouldn't let water run to the fridge until you find out. Don't want water running all over the MH when it thaws out.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #7

GE fridge water supply seems frozen?

On our 2016 Anthem they teed off the small plastic line right above the gray/black tank over to the sink dispenser. Until I have a way to isolate the fridge, I'll be shutting off water supply ahead of the small filter and draining the line...waiting to be in warmer weather.

Others have also dumped the ice bin before going to bed to keep water moving through the night making ice.
MxChief66-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 12:54 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
It's up to the high 20s outside and we have water in the door again. Looks like all our plumbing survived!

Vance & Robin
Old 12-07-2016, 01:38 PM   #9

On our 2014 Anthem RBQ there was a shut off valve behind the fridge...I had to pull the fridge out to get to it because when we got home from MHSRV with new coach we had no water to fridge, the valve was closed off.

Freezing of icemaker line was a notoriously common problem with Tiffin, at least they had an access door behind fridge.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, fridge, water