Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2017, 09:02 PM   #1

Gone to the Dark Side

No, we didn't move to SOB. However, we no longer have our 'Classic' 2015 Aspire, but a new 2018 Anthem 44A, courtesy of that scoundrel, Tadd Jenkins. Still learning its quirks, and there ARE some, but it's sweet. I've even gotten used to driving in a vehicle that has a front and rear like a space ship. It has the desk option, which we want, so I can continue working when we hit the road. The first photo is the old and the new next to each other.

Guess I better change my signature. BTW, the Aspire is at NIRVC in Phoenix. The one and only all-electric 2015 Aspire - it has an induction cooktop and a 45D Aquahot. Truly one of a kind.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2017, 09:09 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulation. Nice move up.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:54 AM   #3

Awesome. We are at NIRVC in Atlanta spending our first night in our new Anthem 44w. I have not driven it yet, but wow, this coach is beautiful. I will post some pics.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:01 AM   #4

Can't upload pictures for some reason. I'll lean on mohogo who is here also. Maybe he can help me out
Old 12-05-2017, 04:38 AM   #5

Congrats to both of you.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:45 AM   #6

Congratulations! NIRV is doing their job!
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:47 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations, I was looking at the 2018, 44A Anthem with the recliners and sofa while we are here at NIRVC Atlanta for service. Very nice floorplan, but for us we still like the Desk option.

Also had a look last night at Buddy 110's 44W. Very open looking through out the interior space especially since it was a bath 1/2. While they have the two sofa's in theirs it is nice to see now that has a Desk option in 2 different floorplans although my guess is that the 44A will not make it into the 2019 model year.

Again, all the best with the new beast.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
Congratulations! NIRV is doing their job!
Stellar buying experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
Congratulations, I was looking at the 2018, 44A Anthem with the recliners and sofa while we are here at NIRVC Atlanta for service. Very nice floorplan, but for us we still like the Desk option.

Also had a look last night at Buddy 110's 44W. Very open looking through out the interior space especially since it was a bath 1/2. While they have the two sofa's in theirs it is nice to see now that has a Desk option in 2 different floorplans although my guess is that the 44A will not make it into the 2019 model year.

Did you leave already?
Old 12-05-2017, 05:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post

You can get the desk in the 44/45W even though Entegra doesn't show it as an option. The W is the mirror image of the A. I've had both with the desk option and like the W due to smaller slide being on the passenger side. Makes it easier to get to the passenger side cargo area, which I use 90% of he time.
Also since Entegra refuses to move the outside tv you either wind up with really small drawers in the dinette or the chairs won't sit on the slide when slide is in. I liked the A just like the W better.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:43 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Awesome. We are at NIRVC in Atlanta spending our first night in our new Anthem 44w. I have not driven it yet, but wow, this coach is beautiful. I will post some pics.
I suggest you drive that beauty before signing the dotted line...

all coaches unfortunately are not created equal...

some come off the line great and quiet and smooth as intended ..

some come off the line as a problem child...

you don't want won't of those... jmo

fun stuff for sure...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:54 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
I suggest you drive that beauty before signing the dotted line...

all coaches unfortunately are not created equal...

some come off the line great and quiet and smooth as intended ..

some come off the line as a problem child...

you don't want won't of those... jmo

fun stuff for sure...
X2 Mine handled so bad, it was sent back to the factory where it sat at Entegra and Spartan for 3 months. From experience, use everything including the steering wheel before purchasing. The big mistake I made is paying for it, giving the dealer 30 days to fix it before refusing delivery.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:23 AM   #12

Good to see you guys at Phoenix. Beautiful coach, I love the copper-ish paint scheme!
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:43 AM   #13

My coach was on display at the Entrgra meetup in Phoenix. Someone had their G6 electric panel die and NIRVC pulled the panel from ours to replace it. The new panel that they put in appears to be wired wrong - a lot of the Vegatouch controls don't work correctly. For example, the controls for the front two slides are reversed - the left control opens the right side and vice-versa. Many of the light switches are wrong - lights come on in the wrong room, some lights can only be controlled with the master, some switches do nothing. Ditto for the shades. The only way that the small shade by the passenger seat can be controlled is to shut the coach off, lower ALL the shades with the master, then raise every other shade individually. Needless to say, they're going to fix all this.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:43 AM   #14

And we won't even mention the fact that someone taking a driving lesson in the coach managed to smash the side on a rock. All repaired now!