Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2015, 04:19 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
It's of no concern unless it is covering up a "real" check engine light.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2015, 05:53 PM   #30

I got one leaving Las Vegas last Saturday but cleared it by waiting for the light to go out before starting. I was a little apprehensive going up US 93 but after checking forum I felt ok.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:56 PM   #31

Chuck is right. It is of no concern as long as it is not covering (... and you ignoring) another check engine light. If you don't pay attention to the check engine light and examine for more than one code periodically as you drive down the road (I do it every 30 minutes or so when I am traveling and ignoring the check engine light), then you may be missing something else. Now, iManiac (an RV tech that contributes here) says that most check engine lights are not critical and do not demand an immediate place to get off the highway and that it is OK to pull off every once in a while and look for another code when at a rest stop or fueling, but it unnerves me that there may be another check engine light that I am missing. I am not calm unless the darn light is off (and I ALWAYS wait for it to go out when starting unless it does not go out and I would wait forever.). And the "start the engine and stop the engine" baloney that they say clears the code does NOT work a lot of times in my coach. Most other owners that I know simply try to ignore the light if it stays on.

So, I am one of those coach owners that will not be happy until they have the fix installed and I will try to be the first one in line for the mod or upgrade.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:51 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
I use to get that code when not waiting long enough to start up engine I now waith about 30 to 40 seconds with the key in the first click til all lights go out even the engine will go out that's when I crank it over. it has not returned when I do this;
Same with mine Johnny.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:57 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Same with mine Johnny.
I will give this a try .. can't hurt anyway :-)
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:42 PM   #34

Wanted to add another thing.....

You are not able to see the codes if you are rolling down the road. The system is designed to not let you see the additional menus which show warnings and error codes unless you are in neutral and with the parking brake on. So, if you get the light, you must find a place to stop safely and shift to neutral and set the parking brake to then find the pathway to the codes.

Strangely, I got a check engine code today 20 minutes after leaving Cummins CoachCare and it is the second appearance of a Cummins 4363, FMI3 code which I got a month ago and had a catalytic converter control module replaced. Although we had just left the shop and made it about 20 miles down the road, we were forced to turn around and head back to the shop and they are now trying to figure out the problems. This is a Cummins engine problem. If I had not turned back, the code would have eventually led to a "stop engine, engine shutdown state" and I would have had to be towed. I am sure learning more about engine codes than I ever wanted to know.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:59 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Very good point Gary. With 16 different DEF sensor that will lead to engine shut down if not taken care of soon........the faulty check engine light is nothing to mess with thinking it is just another "1081 code".
Old 06-12-2015, 12:12 AM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Wanted to add another thing.....

You are not able to see the codes if you are rolling down the road. The system is designed to not let you see the additional menus which show warnings and error codes unless you are in neutral and with the parking brake on. So, if you get the light, you must find a place to stop safely and shift to neutral and set the parking brake to then find the pathway to the codes.

Strangely, I got a check engine code today 20 minutes after leaving Cummins CoachCare and it is the second appearance of a Cummins 4363, FMI3 code which I got a month ago and had a catalytic converter control module replaced. Although we had just left the shop and made it about 20 miles down the road, we were forced to turn around and head back to the shop and they are now trying to figure out the problems. This is a Cummins engine problem. If I had not turned back, the code would have eventually led to a "stop engine, engine shutdown state" and I would have had to be towed. I am sure learning more about engine codes than I ever wanted to know.

Gary

Ouch - hope this is the last one, Gary.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:05 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelling View Post
I got one leaving Las Vegas last Saturday but cleared it by waiting for the light to go out before starting. I was a little apprehensive going up US 93 but after checking forum I felt ok.
Roger, where are you going traveling up US93
LVUS101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:04 AM   #38

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What is the defination of 1081 code?
1081: Fault detector display broken. Replace dash info center.

Or in other words.. Bogus code, does not exist.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:37 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
What is the defination of 1081 code?
1081: Fault detector display broken. Replace dash info center.

Or in other words.. Bogus code, does not exist.
It also means that the "check engine" light associated with it would be blocking a "real" check engine light situation. Replacing dash center does not work yet and the reason for the OP. So what are we to replace the dash info center with?
Old 06-27-2015, 06:11 PM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
After having been parked at the beach for 2 weeks, started up the coach to move to our next destination and look what greeted me. Argghhh! I assume this is the same 1081 code everyone else is receiving?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CEL.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	98540  
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 06:13 PM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw8602 View Post
After having been parked at the beach for 2 weeks, started up the coach to move to our next destination and look what greeted me. Argghhh! I assume this is the same 1081 code everyone else is receiving?

Yep - if that is the only code - don't worry about it!
Old 06-27-2015, 06:27 PM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Yep - if that is the only code - don't worry about it!
Thanks Lynn. Hard to ignore though. Don't like warning lights that illuminate and can't be reset. It has been my experience they are usually followed by a Master Warning light and then more caution lights if some sort of corrective action is not immediately taken. Will contact Spartan on Monday. We are settled in for the next 8 days at our present location and only drove 20 minutes today to get here

Brian
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check engine light, engine, light