Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2017, 06:47 PM   #15

Doug, Thanks for sharing your story. As others have already said, competition makes it better for the end user. I believe this is true with the dealerships, repair facilities and RV Manufactures. I think Entegra, Newmar and Tiffin are all competing and because of this we now have better Rvs.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2017, 05:46 AM   #16

I would love to have mhsrv in my back yard ....even if there service is questionable at times at least they know entegra coaches.. west coast and entegra do not mix..most dealers and people think they are country coaches.. you folks that are close to entegra are lucky...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:28 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Great service at MHSRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAscubaDude View Post
Would really be great to hear additional recent stories. Would also be interesting to know if Entegra (or other luxury RV) owners are being treated differently than folks buying less expensive models. Not saying it should be that way or approve of differential treatment, just wondering.

We bought 2 coaches from MHSRV in 2013, a 2013 Thor then 5 months later our 2014 Anthem. Our Thor was there twice for warranty work, neither time was satisfactory. We took our Anthem there for warranty work a few months after buying it, again, not a good experience. I was determined to not use them again.

Fast forward to last year. Service and Delivery had been separated. I took the Anthem in for annual inspection and a couple other items. Got an appointment within a couple days and was able to wait on site while the work was done.

Took the coach back this year for windshield replacement and a few other items. JP offered doing it all while I waited, I declined, it would have been a long day. They had the coach for about 2 weeks, some of that time was my convenience. Drop off and pick up was painless and quick. Routine email progress reports from JP. Work done was great and a Tech went over each item with me when I picked up the coach.

I won't hesitate to use them in the future.

Note to Doug's writeup; coaches are plugged in while they are being worked on but the pre and post queue is a gravel lot behind the service ports, no plug-ins there so it behooves you to pick your coach up as soon as possible when you get notice the work is complete.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:28 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
I would love to have mhsrv in my back yard ....even if there service is questionable at times at least they know entegra coaches.. west coast and entegra do not mix..most dealers and people think they are country coaches.. you folks that are close to entegra are lucky...
Saint George is an easy days drive from Phoenix through Vegas. NIRVC Phoenix seems to be doing a very good job and they will let you stay in the coach during service if you like. I know it isn't the back yard, but it's a lot closer than MHSRV!
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:20 AM   #19

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
It feels like your back yard until you spend 1-1.5 hours going there with wife in tow, 1-1.5 hours back home, then another 1-1.5 to pick coach back up, then 1-1.5 hours back home with wife in tow. Once you do that a few times it gets pretty darn old pretty darn quick. And my wife is a contractor, so all those hours are/were with her not getting paid for the time. Oh, and include the 1-2 hours to talk to JP about the issues that need to be fixed once you get there, then the 1-2 hours for going over the repairs when you pick it back up...
Old 03-30-2017, 09:01 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
It feels like your back yard until you spend 1-1.5 hours going there with wife in tow, 1-1.5 hours back home, then another 1-1.5 to pick coach back up, then 1-1.5 hours back home with wife in tow. Once you do that a few times it gets pretty darn old pretty darn quick. And my wife is a contractor, so all those hours are/were with her not getting paid for the time. Oh, and include the 1-2 hours to talk to JP about the issues that need to be fixed once you get there, then the 1-2 hours for going over the repairs when you pick it back up...
My repair faculty is 2.5 hours from my house. I take the toad in tow and drive it home. Not a big deal for a large repair. DW is glad to get me out of the house for a day. It sure beats owning a boat where the boat has to be towed in, then find a way home.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:04 AM   #21

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
My repair faculty is 2.5 hours from my house. I take the toad in tow and drive it home. Not a big deal for a large repair. DW is glad to get me out of the house for a day. It sure beats owning a boat where the boat has to be towed in, then find a way home.
When we had the Thor, our toad had to be towed on a flatbed, and could not tow the empty trailer back home.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:51 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Yes cowboy in Tucson Arizona now @ NIRVC. We bought our first two coaches from MHS August of 13 and November uh 14. It's great to hear that they have done something about their service which was non-existent back then. But I'm going to stick with Brett Davis and NIRVC.
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:48 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem46 View Post
Yes cowboy in Tucson Arizona now @ NIRVC. We bought our first two coaches from MHS August of 13 and November uh 14. It's great to hear that they have done something about their service which was non-existent back then. But I'm going to stick with Brett Davis and NIRVC.
Small correction Tommy. Cowboy is in Phoenix not Tucson (although that would be great for me)
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 05:45 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
JMO, but from Doug's post and remembering the service complaints when I purchased my coach....it sounds like NIRVA has got their attention with improving service. Along comes NIRVA and starts taking past customers away from MHSRV and LD in big numbers. Then they take MHSRV top salesman away. It was time to up the game and glad they did. It's a win win for all Entegra owners. If NIRVA gets as big as LD did you will wait 3 months or longer for a service appointment. It's nice to see not everyone rushing to the same dealer and overloading the service dept. Just my experience with my dealer.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:56 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks I guess the mind was traveling down I-10 back to Houston just like that good old Dean Martin song going back to Houston
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:04 AM   #26

I bought my Anthem from MHSRV and would not consider taking my coach back to them for repair.... it was a "clown show" getting my coach out of there on delivery, and the problem was that the coach did not come in with the items promised (ordered ahead of time, not on the lot) and then a series of repair messes during delivery that was astonishing. I am very happy to hear that their repair facility may be getting to the place that it is reputable.... it certainly was not at the time. The next time I am in the vicinity, I will stop and look over what they are doing now on the repair end of the operation and may spend some time with JP. My decision has been for the past year that NiRVC will get all of my repair business as the two facilities are approximately the same 3 hour drive from my location, and I have been very satisfied with NiRVC's service and attitude. However, I DO hope that MHSRV is upping their game on repairs and look forward to a bunch more happy repair customer reports in the future, and after reading 50 of those, it will go back on my "possibilities" list.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:29 AM   #27

Excel Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAscubaDude View Post
Would really be great to hear additional recent stories. Would also be interesting to know if Entegra (or other luxury RV) owners are being treated differently than folks buying less expensive models. Not saying it should be that way or approve of differential treatment, just wondering.
As a 2017 Cornerstone owner, I cannot tell you if MHSRV Service Dept. treat us any differently than a lesser priced coach, but I can tell you that when we purchase a luxury priced vehicle (coach or car), I have done my research (looking at quality, as well as repair histories, etc.) and am willing to spend my extra dollars to purchase this luxury item to avoid service issues common to the lesser priced coach or vehicle. And for items that will need service or repair, I can tell you I do expect luxury service. I am sorry, but we didn't pay for 1st class, only to be seated in the baggage department.
Our coach is in service right now, so I will update this post once they deliver it to us. ( I AM KIDDING, pickup and delivery of our coach for service was not included in the purchase! )
I can tell you that within seconds of pulling into the service department, we were met with several technicians who reviewed our issues, line by line, to be sure they knew what needed addressing. They also informed us of an upcoming recall on the passenger side window, and told us they would take care of it while it is there. Stay tuned for update!
M&S Norrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:11 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&S Norrell View Post
I am sorry, but we didn't pay for 1st class, only to be seated in the baggage department.
That is one of the reasons I will never return to my selling dealer. There would have to be several post like this one before I would ever consider returning. 1st Class is full and so it the baggage compartment at my dealer. When the plane leavers you, it's time to catch another flight, or stay home.

Tags
service