Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2013, 06:50 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I tied into my LP on my TS and stopped using it when I bought the Weber. You have to remove the regulator from the grill for the LP to work from the coach or it is double regulated and the flame is not hot enough.

I bought a 5 lb camping tank at Northern Tools that is the perfect size for carrying in the MH. I think it was about $20. but that was a few years ago. It lasts us for a complete 3-4 month trip and we grill frequently.

I remember it was less than half the price of here at Northern as was the hose. Refillable Steel Propane Cylinders-4.5 lb. / 1 gal. - Worthington Cylinders 281149 - Propane Cylinders - Camping World
Just read this to DH - who's reaction was: "Northern Tools, I had forgotten about them...they're always cheaper! I'll catch them this week....then we can still put the grill wherever we want! Great idea!" Think we'll stay with an extra tank for a while.....
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Check this out.

Cobb America : The Tabletop Cobb Premier Portable Charoal Grill and Cooking System
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #17

Quote:
We upgraded to the Weber Baby Q grill, now at Lowes, and couldn't be happier. They also have a nice cover for the Weber that keeps the MH clean along with a DEEP large drip pan that there is no mess inside of the MH.

I also burn my grill off after cooking that helps keep the smell down to nothing.
I spent a fortune purchasing grills over the years. My brother kept telling me how great the Baby Q (Weber) is. I finally bought one. I will never even try a different one. This grill cooks good steaks, great burgers (they don't catch on fire), and even chicken does not catch on fire. You can't go wrong with the Weber Baby Q. My brother even has the larger version at his S&B and loves it. I did also purchase the folding stand for the Weber. Takes very little room and works great.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
I spent a fortune purchasing grills over the years. My brother kept telling me how great the Baby Q (Weber) is. I finally bought one. I will never even try a different one. This grill cooks good steaks, great burgers (they don't catch on fire), and even chicken does not catch on fire. You can't go wrong with the Weber Baby Q. My brother even has the larger version at his S&B and loves it. I did also purchase the folding stand for the Weber. Takes very little room and works great.

JJ
I have to agree, with all of the MH grills I have used over the years the Baby Q has to have the most even heat of any of the grills I have used. It is also one of the easiest to clean I have ever owned. I spray the entire grill down with "Awesome" and hoses it all out the bottom...done.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #19

Quote:

I have to agree, with all of the MH grills I have used over the years the Baby Q has to have the most even heat of any of the grills I have used. It is also one of the easiest to clean I have ever owned. I spray the entire grill down with "Awesome" and hoses it all out the bottom...done.
A few years ago someone showed me how to clean our home gas BBQ. Works super. Open the lid and seal the cooking grill with tinfoil. Larger cooktops will need 2 pieces folded to make one sheet. Put the shinny side down, close the cover and heat on high for half an hour. All grease turns into white ash. Wipe off the ash and coat the cooking surface with olive oil. It's like new and nothing drips out on our Q when it gets stored.
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
One more vote for the Weber Q . We also bought the cart.

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Swenster, I will be trying that, thanks. My home grill is a pain to clean
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #22

They won't be airtight but have lids that keep things on the outside from getting inside. They need to be able to vent while cooking with lid down. You can get storage bags for grills but they seem like a bit of a bother to me.

Everyone who has a Weber seems to rave about it. Next one will be a Weber.

We have a Coleman road trip grill and it is cheaply made and has a lot of dumb design flaws. For example, when packed up for storage, the feet on the folding legs stick down about an inch or so from the bottom and the grill rocks back and forth. I have to sit the grill on a foam block at each end when in the pass-through. Another one is that the lid won't close when you put on the full size grate. The first one we got wouldn't work out of the box and had to take it back to CW. The guy at the counter said they are junk and recommended swapping it with a Weber. In hindsight, should have listened to him. (Whew, now I feel better with a little anti-Coleman rant!)

I modified our Coleman so that I can plug it directly into the LP gas line underneath with a quick connect fitting and 25' hose. Very convenient. I'd do the same with a Weber if I had one but don't know what's involved doing it to one.
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #23

Quote:
Swenster, I will be trying that, thanks. My home grill is a pain to clean
Mine home grill is hard to clean also. I will say I spent way more than I should for a home grill ($3400.00 15 years ago) but the DCS has lasted 15 years and we have never spent a dime on it. I am going to have to change the ceramic tubes soon but the burners are made from 14 ga stainless steel tubing and will not wear out for at least twenty five years (unless you live near the coast then all bets are off). I used to have to pitch a grill every four years or so because they fall or rust apart.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote