Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2014, 05:12 AM   #57

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
I just bought 4 of these screwed right on with teflon tape 2 minutes. 2 for the parts bin in case, Oatey 1-1/2 in. ABS PTC In-Line Cheater Vent-39012 at The Home Depot
I guess Entegra is using whatever the suppliers have on hand......mine was female thread, just the opposite which was a pain having to change everything around. What you showed is available off the shelf just like the Studor Vents. Seems no two coach are alike. Can you post a picture of the fitting Entegra used on your coach in the bathroom?

You just gave me an idea. I am going to check the main bath and if it is plumbed where a standard sink vent will not fit....I am going to change that one so it does.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2014, 07:08 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I'll check mine tomorrow, can you do the same?
Brobox
My Splendide pumps the waste water into a standpipe through it's drain hose.

NOTES:
1.) The connection at the top of the standpipe, (where the clothes washer drain hose enters the "standpipe), is an "indirect" connection.
2.) The vertical pipe on the right is the vent, (which runs up through the coach roof).
3.) The pipes and the P-trap are 1 1/2" black ABS (plastic).

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:21 AM   #59

Entegra Owners Club
It looks washer vents through a pipe and sealing off the drain hose would have nothing to do with venting. I was able to help Robert with his question by looking up the original post that I made reference to. Some help in helpful ways....others???
Old 09-27-2014, 10:00 AM   #60

If you close off the indirect vent. The washing machine will vacuum lock
Gregory0495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:18 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
It looks washer vents through a pipe and sealing off the drain hose would have nothing to do with venting. I was able to help Robert with his question by looking up the original post that I made reference to. Some help in helpful ways....others???
brobox
What you apparently misunderstand is this:
The washer hose connection at/to a standpipe, must be an "indirect connection", (aka: NOT "sealed off"), for the washer water to drain properly.
If you don't believe that ask any plumber.
Mel
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:19 AM   #62

Newmar Owners Club
Maybe not so much. We had terrible odors from the closet in both my 13 Aspire and my 14 Anthem until I sealed the top of washer drain pipe with plumbers putty. The washer(s) work fine, and no stinky. Read the thread last year about washer trap odors. Between the putty on the washer drain pipe and installing 360 Vent caps we have no odor issues....at least caused by the plumbing. I can run my vent fan and dump the tanks without odors.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:41 AM   #63

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Maybe not so much. We had terrible odors from the closet in both my 13 Aspire and my 14 Anthem until I sealed the top of washer drain pipe with plumbers putty. The washer(s) work fine, and no stinky. Read the thread last year about washer trap odors. Between the putty on the washer drain pipe and installing 360 Vent caps we have no odor issues....at least caused by the plumbing. I can run my vent fan and dump the tanks without odors.
Thanks Dave.....spoken from an Entegra owner that has been there. I was only passing on what I read from others like yourself that solved the problem.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:48 PM   #64

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
I took the panel off the washer access today, put the bathroom fan on, and the stink was gushing out of the washer standpipe. I will fill it with expanding foam vs plumber's putty on Monday. That much plumber's putty will shrink and crack a bit over time, in my opinion.

Thanks everyone for the advice.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:53 PM   #65

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
I just bought 4 of these screwed right on with teflon tape 2 minutes. 2 for the parts bin in case, Oatey 1-1/2 in. ABS PTC In-Line Cheater Vent-39012 at The Home Depot
I just put one of these under my driver's side sink - the sink was not draining very well. Problem solved! I bought another for my other sink, but it isn't needed, so I'll hold onto it. BTW, it just screwed right on to the existing threading.

Interestingly this one does not look that different from the one supplied by Entegra. Perhaps if it is screwed down too tightly (as was the one under my sink ), the silicone seal warps or fails to function perfectly. Just a thought...

If someone else is attempting to eliminate odors from this vent, try backing it off a few turns before replacing it. This may work..or not.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 12:50 PM   #66

Entegra Owners Club
When it comes to odors does anyone have experience with any of he chemical products that you throw in the system? I am looking into purchasing natural probiotics by Tank Techs Rx. It is supposed to work on odors and sensor problems. Since my black tank sensor is giving me misreadings and there doesn't seems to any great fixes. The company claims the reason for the sensor to misread is due to struvite buildup. Sludge and paper can, but rarely do foul the sensors. Supposedly there products fixes this.
Rclukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
This is the method I am now using. Also try using a cup or so of Pinesol between flushes, let it sit over night and see if it will clean up your sensors. It is amazing how well this method works and how much came out of the black tank on a brand new MH. You can advance the video to the 8 minute mark for the best part.

Since I switched to this method, no need for chemicals unless the weather is extremely hot. I am thankful to the one that posted this, it has sure worked for me.

Tags
odor, tank