Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #1

Halogen Lights on 2012 Aspire

Quick question -- I have a 2012 Aspire and have replaced several of the under counter and china cabinet halogen lights. Has anyone else had this problem? Also has anyone replaced the halogen with LED?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #2

Yes, I have a 2013 Anthem and 4 have gone out. They must be handling the bulbs with bare hands when they are installed.

Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
We've had two go out in our first 45 days. We found replacements at WalMart in both 10 and 20 Watts...recommend the 10Watt. 20 Watt seems to burn awfully hot for the confined space of the plastic cover.

Also, make sure you don't buy the kind that have glass between the two prongs. They don't work.

Unfortunately, these bulbs are $4+ apiece at Walmart. Ridiculous, particularly if they are a high use bulb. And if someone has an alternative, pls let know the specifics.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Halogen bulbs

I've owned my 13 Aspire for about 70 days of which I've been inside it about 30 days total. I've had 4 x 10w bulbs burn out in the halogen lights to date. Figuring I use them 6 hrs max x 30 days.....that's less than 200 hrs and over 10% of the bulbs are burned out. That ain't good. At my house I have many 10w landscape lights burning every night for 20 hrs up to 2-3 years before replacement.

I agree and think they are handling the bulbs.

Thank goodness Entegra mostly used LED fixtures.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #5

Lights

Our 2013 is 100% l.e.d lighting. As part of our deal we had all the lights that didn't come standard with led's replaced with led's. I believe there were around 20. They are brighter than the halogens and put off no heat. Work good and last for a long time.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #6

go to www.eezrvproducts.com talk to Tom Robertson. He sells the led replacements They run cooler, less amps and last a long time. You can also find replacments on ebay for less but you will have to search for them. good luck.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #7

Same light used in my Embark. They are constantly burning out.

Tags
lights