RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2019, 12:10 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Hearthside Grove resort

We are headed to Hearthside in October, I know I like some chill in the air! What is the best way/roads to get there coming from the south?

jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2019, 12:45 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
We like to take I-75 to exit 310, then M-68 to Alanson and M-31 to Hearthside on the left. The distance is a little longer but time is much quicker than other routes. About 2 miles before reaching the town of Alanson there is a Shell station on the right which has room for big rigs and reasonable diesel prices. You can’t see the Shell station until you are nearly on it because of a bend in the road.

Old 09-19-2019, 04:39 PM   #3

Hey Jeff - Can’t Help with the route heading north, coming out of the south, since we came from the UP. If you haven’t been there before your going to love the resort. We stayed there last year in the spring, Great Lakes Tour, and there was still a lot of construction going on. Most of it was with cabanas being built on some of the sites. Some people have way too much money! It’s a real nice resort and area.

Not sure how long your there, but riding over the MAC, Makinac bridge, is a must. We ended up at the Soo Locks up in Sault Ste. Marie and enjoyed watching some pretty large boats pass through. One other thing we really enjoyed was riding through the “Tunnel of the trees” route M-119 and then stopped for a beer at the Petoskey Brewery. The barrel back at Walloon lake had good food and beer also.

Hope you and Cheryl have an awesome time.....Tell her we say hello!
Flanz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:49 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
You'll have to start specifying which Hearthside Grove. They opened another location in Ohio at Geneva-on-the-Lake. It's called Hearthside Grove Lake Erie. I know they've got a free camping in October promotion going on.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 04:29 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks guys for you answers. I think your route choices look good, so that's the way we will go.

Paul, it was on our bucket list, and it worked into my travel schedule.

Your right about saying which Hearthside you are going to, I actually forgot about the new one in Ohio.

jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:56 PM   #6

Jeff,

We were up in Geneva-the-Lake a few weeks ago and they were just laying asphalt for the entrance. It looked as though they may not be currently open for business, and surprisingly after returning home today from the Spartan/Entegra Class this week, we have a promotional postcard from Hearthside offering 2 FREE nights in 2020 if you call them by October 15th.... I take it, of this year 2019.

it looks like the website is... HearthsideGroveLakeErie.com
Phone - 888.466.8049
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 06:54 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the update on the Geneva location. Their website promotes (in BIG LETTERS) FREE CAMPING in OCTOBER. They were supposed to be open by Oct 1, but if they're still laying asphalt, then I doubt they're ready for visitors. I guess that banner is for reserving in Oct but for later dates.

Lori-
Old 09-21-2019, 07:03 PM   #8

Lori,

Yes they are (in BIG LETTERS), but never mentioned the year until the sentence below!

Marketing is a beautiful thing, hopefully in a few years it will be on par with Petoskey.
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 07:15 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I don't even see a sentence below (could be my browser). We've been to Petoskey twice & just loved it. I enjoyed walking around looking at all the Newells & Prevosts parked there.

The Lake Erie location is in a prime spot. As close to the shores of LE as you can get without being lakefront, smack dab in the middle of the Grand River Valley wineries, self-guided historic bridge tours, "the strip" & right next to the state park. We're up there almost every year staying at the state park. Excited to see what HG does with their location.

Lori-