Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2019, 10:56 PM   #1

Heated Floors

When using the heated floor system--on the average, what temperature do you set the thermostat at for the floor heat??
macbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2019, 11:11 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
My understanding was to set it for at a minimum of 10 degrees hotter then the room temperature. I typically set mine for 82 degrees when its cold out.
suskej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 03:52 AM   #3

We tried the +10 degree technique, and woke up roasting on a few occasions.

Now, we simply set it 4 degrees above our typical thermostat setting and that is good.

We typically set the thermostat to 68, and the floors to 72.

One issue is how long it takes the floors to heat up and achieve their set temps. We love the heated floors, but use them carefully as it’s a great way to bake everyone.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 03:55 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
We have never had it get too warm with the floors. Usually the room temp is set to 70 and I have to set the floor temp to around 85 to get the floor warm.
To top it off, we have a cold area at the foot of the bed.
I think I actually liked the electric floor heat we had in our Tiffin better. JMHO

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 05:49 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbob View Post
When using the heated floor system--on the average, what temperature do you set the thermostat at for the floor heat??

Your information says you have a Holiday Rambler so I don’t know how much Entegra information applies.
With Entegras it might depend on model, floorplan and maybe year. Unless recently changed the Aspires have one Zone 2 sensor which is close to the floor. Anthem and Cornerstone have 2 sensors.

In my 2018 Aspire DEQ the sensor is in an area where the floor gets warm from the AquaHot heat even before turning on Zone 2 heat. If I expect warm daytime temps I set Zone 2 at 75 but if daytime will be cold I set 78.

Bottom line is that because of differences in configurations and comfort level everyone needs to experiment with what they have to achieve their comfort level.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 05:59 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Jerry said pretty much what PJ said in his class. Set the thermostat 10 degree warmer than desired to get it going, it could take as long as 24 hours depending on the outside temperature. "Don't call us in 2 hours saying the floor heat doesn't work, lol" Adjust to a comfortable level, the colder the outside temperature the higher you may want the thermostat set to.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 05:13 PM   #7

We set the floor 6-8 degrees higher. Seems to depend on outside temp. The colder it gets outside, the larger the difference.

Steve
Old 06-09-2019, 05:35 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
OK, color me confused. Our floor heat does not have a temperature setting. It has a bar graph with 5 possible levels. At the most we have used only the 3rd level. I am wondering if either there is a controller version we don’t have or some are considering the basement heat is the floor heat. If the latter is the case, then there folks relying on overheating the basement storage area to heat the floor. Yep, might work, but not very efficient and costly. Basement heater needs to be high enough to avoid freezing. We typically keep the basement set at less than 50.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 05:45 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Tom, I was referring to the Classics that had temperatures in degrees on the digital thermostats. I have never used the floor heat with the Vega Touch.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:21 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Brobox, I looked at the replies and all were from more current Entegra, hence my confusion. BTW, the floor heat works great. Not for heating the coach though there is some benefit, but just the same does a nice job taking the chill off the floor. Next winter, give it a try.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:05 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I have a question regarding the floor heat, not that I want to use it. I was not shown how to use the floor heat nor did I ask. In the half bath where the fuse panel is, the is a aqua-hit panel with 3 switches, one says burner, the other one says electric and the other one say engine pre-heat.also in this cabinet is the RV comfort controls. Zone 1, zone 2 and zone 3, all for the AC's. So my question is, instead if the aqua- heat bei g on electric, do I switch to the burner to turn on the acqua-hot and what zone would activate the heated floors.

Thanks

Suzzanne
14 cornerstone
15 Jeep Cherokee
sdesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:22 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdesha View Post
I have a question regarding the floor heat, not that I want to use it. I was not shown how to use the floor heat nor did I ask. In the half bath where the fuse panel is, the is a aqua-hit panel with 3 switches, one says burner, the other one says electric and the other one say engine pre-heat.also in this cabinet is the RV comfort controls. Zone 1, zone 2 and zone 3, all for the AC's. So my question is, instead if the aqua- heat bei g on electric, do I switch to the burner to turn on the acqua-hot and what zone would activate the heated floors.

Thanks

Suzzanne
14 cornerstone
15 Jeep Cherokee

Zone 2 is for the floor when you have heat system on and heat gas mode on, and finally the aquahot must be on, not electric or pre heat.

When we want to wake up to a heated floor we will have all zones on heat “gas” and have zones 1 and 3 set to 64. Then we set zone 2 to 72. This gets the floor nice and warm without driving us out of the coach overheating everything.

If you just need a little heat to have hot water for rinsing hands etc, then just use electric, but for showers, dishwasher, washing clothes and big uses of hot water, you must use burner. PreHeater is used if you intend to start engine next day and temp is going below 50 degrees. This helps that big ole Cummins start easier.

Most of above is from Spartan training course and PJ’s seminars.

Hope this helps you!

Safe travels!
The Taj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:58 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Taj View Post
Zone 2 is for the floor when you have heat system on and heat gas mode on, and finally the aquahot must be on, not electric or pre heat.
The floor heat can be used with just the electric Aquahot switch on and the burner switch off. I use it in this mode when the temperatures are cool at night but warm in the daytime. In this mode it won't get the floor toasty warm but it takes the chill off the floor. Advantages are it uses no fuel, and it doesn't make the coach uncomfortably warm as the day warms up.

When it is really cold then yes, the burner must be running for floor heat.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:29 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You can use both electric and diesel burner heat at the same time. We typically leave the electric on and diesel at bath time only. The downside of electric is it is not very efficient. Works, but it is about the same as keeping your water hot with a hair dryer. If you are paying your electric bill, you may want to keep the electric source off.

Tags
floor, heat