Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Height of 2013 Aspire?

Can anyone tell me the clearance on a 2013 Aspire? Taking all the back roads to Summmerfest and don't want to hit any low underpasses. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultratravler View Post
Can anyone tell me the clearance on a 2013 Aspire? Taking all the back roads to Summmerfest and don't want to hit any low underpasses. Thanks
I can tell you the 2014 is supposed to be 12'11". I have 13'2" in the barn I keep my Aspire in and we have about five or six inches of clearance so I don't think it is all of 12'11". The FM antenna does hit but has a spring at the bottom. I removed the CB antenna.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks JJ
Old 08-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #4

Mine measures about 12'7", course it is an Anthem.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultratravler View Post
Ultratravler
If you don't measure it, loaded and ready for travel, you will never be sure how much clearance you really need.
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel stuplich View Post
Ultratravler
If you don't measure it, loaded and ready for travel, you will never be sure how much clearance you really need.
If you make sure you have 13' you should be good to go.

JJ
Old 08-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #7

Not sure loading will have any effect. Ride height valves should keep it at the same height but I agree that 13 ft is adequate AND you ought to measure YOUR coach and you will be sure.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Our favorite route to southwest Idaho is via an underpass in the Texas panhandle that is labeled 13'6". I went under it with my gasser, and ducked as I did, but don't think I will try it with my Anthem that claims 12'1". You can never tell when the county commissioner's cousin resurfaced the road.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
12'11"
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
If you make sure you have 13' you should be good to go.
JJ
SHOULD BE??....what if he "isn't good to go"?
It's easy to give that advice when you "think" 13' is enough.

If he isn't "good to go" its "no skin off your nose"....(or parts off your roof)!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel stuplich View Post

SHOULD BE??....what if he "isn't good to go"?
It's easy to give that advice when you "think" 13' is enough.

If he isn't "good to go" its "no skin off your nose"....(or parts off your roof)!
Why make fun of this answer? He has the same model coach, and explained his own experience with clearance. He gave a pretty direct answer to the OP's question. You did not.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:18 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Clearance

I know my the manual for my 13 Aspire says 13'-0" but consider the FM and CB antenna stick above that. I know they are flexible but it is discerning when you go under anything with any speed and you hear that "whack". I also don't know about the mid year change from Dometic ACs to Coleman's if there is a difference in the cowlings. The Coleman's look lower to me. Lastly, as one person said I have seen where road crews lay new blacktop top coat down and I'm not sure the bridge stencil guy keeps up with that. Personally I won't go under a 13'-6" clearance, I look for 14'-0"" or higher.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
Why make fun of this answer? He has the same model coach, and explained his own experience with clearance. He gave a pretty direct answer to the OP's question. You did not.
The Driver
See message #5
Old 08-22-2013, 06:23 AM   #14

The 13' I posted is at least six inches higher than my new 2014 coach. The new A/C's look to be shorter than the old units and I don't know if Entegra changed the height info after the A/C change. I do know my paperwork says 12'11" and it's wrong (on MY coach). The antenna are 8" to 10" higher than that so they are not talking about them. The Winegard and A/C's are no more than 12'6" on MY coach. What I should have said is that I would pull under at slow speeds anything that is 13' high (because that is what I have in the barn I keep the Aspire in) but if I was driving down the road, 13'6" would be my limit. I drove under a 14' the other day and it looks like you are going to hit. Never even thought about it in my other coaches as 12' was the highest one.

JJ