RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2015, 08:40 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Exclamation Help -- Aquahot won't fire up

We rented our house out this week and just arrived at a nearby campground. My Aquahot 400LP will not fire up all of a sudden. I always used to leave it on 100% of the time, but turned it off for the past 9 days. I didn't turn it on until fully setup at camp tonight. Historically it's done this 2 times, and all I had to do was turn off the Aquahot switch for a minute then turn it back on. I've tried this 5 times already and No Joy. Everything else in coach working well. Plenty of LP in the tank. I read the service manual and it says to look for fault codes on the Control Panel, however I've never known where this was before! I can't find it anywhere, do I need to remove a cover on the Aquahot box itself to find this panel??

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2015, 08:49 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I think my Electric side is working because I am getting a little bit of hot water, but the furnaces won't fire up. Also there is no exhaust coming out the Aquahot "tailpipe". I can also hear the floor heat pumps kick on when I call for that. Any ideas what could have happened to the propane side??

Old 03-24-2015, 09:54 PM   #3

.( I read the service manual and it says to look for fault codes on the Control Panel, however I've never known where this was before! I can't find it anywhere, do I need to remove a cover on the Aquahot box itself to find this panel??)

Turn on the switch, watch for the codes (on the switch)as the unit fails to start
Old 03-24-2015, 10:16 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
There are no lights on the switch, it's just an on/off switch.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:29 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
The Anthem has a panel in the back of the bay where the aqua hot is located. That panel has lights on it. I don't have my Anthem back yet, or I'd take a pic for you. But ... again, that's not the propane version of the Aqua Hot, so if the panel isn't in that bay (and fairly easy to see), I'm not much help. Call CS this morning - hopefully they can walk you through a diagnosis and get you some heat/hot water. Keep us posted ....
DebbieMH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:23 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I have had the same problem. You need to take the cover off push the button in that the cover holds down. Put your hand over the air intake of the burner watch the flam through the site glass and adjust air intake until you get a nice blue flame. If you pm me your phone number I will try to walk you through it better
Gregory0495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:25 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory0495 View Post
I have had the same problem. You need to take the cover off push the button in that the cover holds down. Put your hand over the air intake of the burner watch the flam through the site glass and adjust air intake until you get a nice blue flame. If you pm me your phone number I will try to walk you through it better
That's only if it's firing. If it's not igniting that's not the answer.

We have 2012's so the answers you get from later models may not be accurate. My is an LP375 so I'll say it might be slightly different. Your switches (gas and electric) inside the coach should have little green lights in them. If they aren't lite you don't have power to the AquaHot, maybe the panel on the unit isn't contacting the safety switch or maybe a fuse on the 12v to the unit. A multimeter will be your freind.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:29 PM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory0495 View Post

Gregory,

Not to hijack the thread, but you don't want a blue flame for LP Aqua Hot....it needs to be orange with some blue at the base.

This is copied from the AH Manual.....

NOTE: When adjusting the air on the propane burner inspect the flame through the sight glass. The first part of the flame should be glowing blue and the burner mixing tube should be glowing orange. Reference figures 4 & 5.

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:10 PM   #9

Commercial Member

The Aqua-Hot model 375LP should have interior switch panel that looks like the photo below. When the burner "faults" for any reason, the light on the "Burner" switch will blink giving a report on what faulted. This ONLY applies to this model of Aqua-Hot and DOES NOT apply to the more common diesel system that uses the Webasto burner.

This may not be the reason why the burner will not light, however if you have the electric turned on the coolant in the boiler tank is already hot and does not need more heat, so burner will not turn on.

Try turning on the heat / running hot water to see if the burner will start.

- Roger Berke -
http://www.RVHYD.com
Attached Images

Roger Berke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:33 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Berke View Post
The Aqua-Hot model 375LP should have interior switch panel that looks like the photo below. When the burner "faults" for any reason, the light on the "Burner" switch will blink giving a report on what faulted. This ONLY applies to this model of Aqua-Hot and DOES NOT apply to the more common diesel system that uses the Webasto burner.

This may not be the reason why the burner will not light, however if you have the electric turned on the coolant in the boiler tank is already hot and does not need more heat, so burner will not turn on.

Try turning on the heat / running hot water to see if the burner will start.

- Roger Berke -
RV Hydronic Heater Repair - Home
My 400LP switches have no lights at all. However it may have finally reset itself. I went to work all day and came back and the coolant reservoir is now sitting at the "Full" level. Hot water is working. And it's 75 degrees today so can't test the furnace. Back to sub-zero temps this weekend so time will tell!! Thanks for all the suggestions!
Old 03-25-2015, 07:35 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
That's only if it's firing. If it's not igniting that's not the answer.

We have 2012's so the answers you get from later models may not be accurate. My is an LP375 so I'll say it might be slightly different. Your switches (gas and electric) inside the coach should have little green lights in them. If they aren't lite you don't have power to the AquaHot, maybe the panel on the unit isn't contacting the safety switch or maybe a fuse on the 12v to the unit. A multimeter will be your freind.
Mine is a 2012 also but for some reason I thought I had a 400LP.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:43 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwky View Post

My 400LP switches have no lights at all.
Well then how does Entegra expect the owner of the coach to know whether the Aqua-Hot is working or not if there are no lights on the switches?

Sounds like the first step is to get the right switches installed so you know if the unit is working or giving you fault codes which are readable from the switch light. It will also tell you if the electric assist is on or not.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:49 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Well then how does Entegra expect the owner of the coach to know whether the Aqua-Hot is working or not if there are no lights on the switches?

Sounds like the first step is to get the right switches installed so you know if the unit is working or giving you fault codes which are readable from the switch light. It will also tell you if the electric assist is on or not.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
I'm an idiot, it does have lights, however I didn't notice because they've never done anything but light up green. They've never flashed or changed colors. Even when not working temporarily in the past, they always light up green. I was actually trying to locate the control panel which shows the fault lights. Pic attached. I couldn't find that part.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 8.49.38 PM.png
Views:	168
Size:	317.3 KB
ID:	89604  
Old 03-25-2015, 07:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwky View Post
We rented our house out this week and just arrived at a nearby campground. My Aquahot 400LP will not fire up all of a sudden. I always used to leave it on 100% of the time, but turned it off for the past 9 days. I didn't turn it on until fully setup at camp tonight. Historically it's done this 2 times, and all I had to do was turn off the Aquahot switch for a minute then turn it back on. I've tried this 5 times already and No Joy. Everything else in coach working well. Plenty of LP in the tank. I read the service manual and it says to look for fault codes on the Control Panel, however I've never known where this was before! I can't find it anywhere, do I need to remove a cover on the Aquahot box itself to find this panel??
I have a 2012 Aspire and usually when this happens to me I pull the fuse (cannot remember which one but it is in the small storage on the front passenger side) and then reset the AH. If this does not work, I pull the cover off and reset the switch, but hold down the safety pressure switch (one that is pressed when the cover is on) and reset. I have always been able to reset it one of the two ways (usuall pulling the fuse works).

Hope this helps
Jeff & Terri
2012 Aspire & 2011 Jeep Liberty

Jburklo is offline   Reply With Quote