Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by geno39 View Post
Sometimes the gfi receptacle goes bad and cannot be reset. You may need a new one.
I thought of that and have already replaced the old one with a new gfi. Same result no power to the gfi.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Electric Problem

Since the problem is the same with the generator providing power or when plugged into shore power I assume you have checked the big 110v circuit breakers for one of the mains tripped. Try actually cycling them off, then on, don't just visually check them. If the problem persists my best guess it is the Transfer Switch. I had one burn out a few years ago. This is the electrical box that all the large high voltage cables go thru first including the power cord to the RV park and the generator. If one side of the relay is stuck or burnt out your RV will behave this way. I new one costs about $200 and requires a professional RV repairman. If no RV repair guy is available a qualified electrician could do it but they'd have to have the part. Camping world sells a Progressive Industries transfer switch AND surge guard for about $500 that would be great and help prevent future electrical problems if you have to pay someone to fix it.

There is a lesser chance the whole problem is a loose or broken wire, either way you need a RV tech to diagnose.

My best guess.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #17

I adjusted the thermostat and now have all the options back but still no power or ac.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:19 PM   #18

As stated, if you don't understand electricity or what or where to test, best shot is a service facility.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #19

Where are the 110V circuit breakers located? I have tested all the circuit breakers in the cab. I have switched all of them on and off. Are there others some where else in the coach?
Old 07-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
As stated, if you don't understand electricity or what or where to test, best shot is a service facility.
On Saturday at 5:30 in Florida?? That's as hard as finding the problem in the coach! :-)
Old 07-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Try the after hours service line at Entegra - 574-361-0034. They can probably give you the best guidance on what and where to look.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Since the problem is the same with the generator providing power or when plugged into shore power I assume you have checked the big 110v circuit breakers for one of the mains tripped. Try actually cycling them off, then on, don't just visually check them. If the problem persists my best guess it is the Transfer Switch. I had one burn out a few years ago. This is the electrical box that all the large high voltage cables go thru first including the power cord to the RV park and the generator. If one side of the relay is stuck or burnt out your RV will behave this way. I new one costs about $200 and requires a professional RV repairman. If no RV repair guy is available a qualified electrician could do it but they'd have to have the part. Camping world sells a Progressive Industries transfer switch AND surge guard for about $500 that would be great and help prevent future electrical problems if you have to pay someone to fix it.

There is a lesser chance the whole problem is a loose or broken wire, either way you need a RV tech to diagnose.

My best guess.
Have Dave, I have flipped both the main 50 amp breaker and the main 30 amp breaker over the driver's seat. I am not aware of any other breakers in the coach.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #23

is there any in the basement of the rig check the owners manual too sometime it can be useful not being sarcastic just tryin g to help get the power back on double check where the power comes in for breakers or gfi underneath what a bummer though
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
is there any in the basement of the rig check the owners manual too sometime it can be useful not being sarcastic just tryin g to help get the power back on double check where the power comes in for breakers or gfi underneath what a bummer though
Thanks Johnny. None underneath. :-(
Old 07-27-2013, 04:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
Try the after hours service line at Entegra - 574-361-0034. They can probably give you the best guidance on what and where to look.
Hey Linda and Rick just called Entegra. Walked through efforts. Must now test transfer \box and get back Problem seems to be located there. Thank you very much for the number.!!!
Old 07-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #26

Fact that genset doesnt solve the problem suggests issue is with x-fer switch or a mystery breaker panel somewhere. AC units are the key here--"usually" these units are seperated between the legs to distro the load. Lack of any AC units working suggests a breaker or x-fer switch issue as GFIs and inverter dont impact AC units. Seems like if you have some lights on [not counting inverter curcuit] at least one AC unit should run. At this point the challenged is to noodle thru the entire electrical system, starting at the pedestal, to find the last point where the power is on--need some experience and a volt meter for this operation.
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #27

FIFTH POST DOWN HAS A BSIC CHECK,,,,,,,http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/trans...lem-36263.html
Old 07-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #28

NOT SURE WHAT MODEL YOU HAVE BUT HERES SOME INFOTroubleshooting - PD5100 Series ATS

Tags
electrical