Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2015, 04:29 PM   #1

HELP!!!!!! No heat and it's freezing in Florida.

Zone 1 and zone 3 heat worked fine last night and earlier today. Now the system will not kick on. The aqua - hot is running and heating water but the pump 1 or pump 2 lights do not come on. I have rebooted the thermostat a couple of times to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2015, 05:12 PM   #2

I was having the same problems. I switched over to electric and turned on the fireplace heat. I turned off the Aqua Hot for hot water for a few hours and then turned back on and then turned on one zone and it finally kicked in. I also turned on the lower bay area heat to help...as heat rises. Hope this helps.
rcarriere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarriere View Post
I was having the same problems. I switched over to electric and turned on the fireplace heat. I turned off the Aqua Hot for hot water for a few hours and then turned back on and then turned on one zone and it finally kicked in. I also turned on the lower bay area heat to help...as heat rises. Hope this helps.
I don't know if this applies. But Hubby was just telling me this yesterday that he read that propane the farther north you go needs something added to the mix to keep it turning into a gas. A lot of times people fill tanks in Florida drive north and don't have the right mixture and their heat stops working. Just an idea on something I recently heard. I don't know what it is they add but it's different than regular propane in the Southern states

Oops just saw that this is a really old posting. Wish they had the newest postings first.
Justwinginit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblers View Post
I don't know if this applies. But Hubby was just telling me this yesterday that he read that propane the farther north you go needs something added to the mix to keep it turning into a gas. A lot of times people fill tanks in Florida drive north and don't have the right mixture and their heat stops working. Just an idea on something I recently heard. I don't know what it is they add but it's different than regular propane in the Southern states

Oops just saw that this is a really old posting. Wish they had the newest postings first.

Propane will flow to 30+ below. There are no additives for it.
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:34 PM   #5

Propane is not the problem, we don't use it. Like I said, the Aqua-hot is running and heating water, the thermostat is clicking and calling for heat but the pumps and the heat exchangers are not coming on. Dixie RV hosed up our heat pumps so we can't use them. All we have is the fireplace. One of the other patrons here had a little cube heater that I could put in the basement hopefully that will keep the pipes from freezing.
Supposed to get down to the 20s tonight here at Perdido Key.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:48 PM   #6

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I know that propane is not your problem but just wanted to answer the question about it above. Nothing gets added to Northern propane because it is just propane. What happens in southern states is that they can sell a propane/ butane mix because it is cheaper and it warmer climates it does not have a problem going from a liquid to a gas. When that mixture comes up north and it is very cold it does not readily turn into a gas which means if you have multiple gas appliances on they can starve for fuel. If you take your bic lighter (which is butane) and try to light it if it is cold it doesn't light right away. Stick it in your pocket and let it warm up and it lights just fine.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HerbZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:01 PM   #7

If the floor fans come on and the air is cold, pump 1 and pump 2 are not working. They circulate the front and rear half of the coolant thru the floor of the coach. Pump 3 is a mixture pump so if you have plenty of hot water it is working fine.

If the floor heat exchanges are not running (fan) your need to check the fuse and try to reset the 12volt side of the coach. I hope that helps you.

Another quick way to check while it is running grab the two red hoses coming out the top of the Aqua hot. If they are hot the aguahot is running. I hope ths helps you.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:25 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1420766603.990245.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	82987

Make sure your zone 1 or zone 3 is set high.

Are you getting hot steaming water in the shower?

Call me on my cell if you need help.

910-916-7047

Curt

Sent from my iPhone 6
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty56 View Post
If the floor fans come on and the air is cold, pump 1 and pump 2 are not working. They circulate the front and rear half of the coolant thru the floor of the coach. Pump 3 is a mixture pump so if you have plenty of hot water it is working fine.

If the floor heat exchanges are not running (fan) your need to check the fuse and try to reset the 12volt side of the coach. I hope that helps you.

Another quick way to check while it is running grab the two red hoses coming out the top of the Aqua hot. If they are hot the aguahot is running. I hope ths helps you.

After letting the system cool down I restarted it. The Aqua-hot is fired and heating water. Thermostat still calling for heat. Heating zone 5 light is green. Pump 3 light is green along with the burner status lights. The hoses under the sink on the right side are cold and the heat exchangers still do not work. I cannot find a fuse for the blowers.

How do you reset the 12 volt part of the coach? Switch?
Old 01-08-2015, 06:36 PM   #10

Flora and I had this issue last year when the temp was -7. We called Entegra and they instructed us to remove the AH cover tap the valves with a broom handle replace the cover and we got instant heat. I guess the valves will get hung up now and then. Don't overdo the tapping.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swenster View Post
Propane will flow to 30+ below. There are no additives for it.
Liquefied petroleum gas is mixture of propane, butane and other components. LPG flow rate and pipe diameter calculator is applicable for calculation of flow rate and heat power of gas and liquid phase of LPG. Calculator can be used for calculation of clear propane or clear butane gas flow as well.
Propane and butane in gas state are compressible. When liquid mixture of propane and butane is calculated, LPG is considered as incompressible. All physical properties, like mixture density or partial pressure, are calculated for the given propane - butane mixture.

I think Hubby said he read you have to increase or decrease the Butane for colder climates, but not sure which
Old 01-08-2015, 07:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbZilla View Post
I know that propane is not your problem but just wanted to answer the question about it above. Nothing gets added to Northern propane because it is just propane. What happens in southern states is that they can sell a propane/ butane mix because it is cheaper and it warmer climates it does not have a problem going from a liquid to a gas. When that mixture comes up north and it is very cold it does not readily turn into a gas which means if you have multiple gas appliances on they can starve for fuel. If you take your bic lighter (which is butane) and try to light it if it is cold it doesn't light right away. Stick it in your pocket and let it warm up and it lights just fine.

Yea that's what hubby was saying. Think he read it in Motor home Mag or Trailer life recently
Old 01-09-2015, 04:17 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club

Have you opened the AH box and verified the two pumps are in fact pumping?

You need to place your hand on each pump and feel for the vibration separately.

If you find that a pump is not vibrating -- give the pump a slight bump with the handle of a screwdriver -- the pumps sometimes may get locked up.

If both pumps are working and your hoses under the kitchen slide out are cool -- then your hoses are kinked.

I do not know how to reset the blowers/registers.

Curt

Sent from my iPhone 6
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:51 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
In this link in the heating section are links for Aqua-Hot that may help you give them a look.
This first one may get you started into your problem.
Is this the first time of use you may have some valves for summer use closed that need to be opened for winter use.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida