Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2019, 06:37 PM   #1

Help please heater is blowing cold air

I set all zones to gas heat and they are cycling on, but blowing cold air. I have both aqua hot burner and electric set to on. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sandy
2015 Anthem
RJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2019, 06:50 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My guess is that the ambient temperature is to high for the heat pump to heat the air further flowing through the unit. If you are testing you should not need to use both electric and diesel on at the same time. We found the aqua hot heat to be more comfortable. The electric heat pumps took too long to begin heating while blowing cool air.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:58 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJourney View Post
I set all zones to gas heat and they are cycling on, but blowing cold air. I have both aqua hot burner and electric set to on. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sandy
2015 Anthem
If you are currently in Sarasota, the ambient temperature today was 95. I don't think the Aqua Hot is going to heat at that temperature. What was the inside temperature of the coach?

Try heating just the hot water, it should be set at 120* and not be affected by the ambient temperature, and see if the burner is firing off.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 07:54 PM   #4

My guess is the check valves in the Aquahot unit are stuck. Take the cover off the unit and while holding the safety switch, so the unit will run, take a heavy tool and rap on the check valves where the lines enter the unit.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:22 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
OK, I forgot to ask— cold air from the floor level registers of ceiling vents?
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom78418 View Post
OK, I forgot to ask— cold air from the floor level registers of ceiling vents?

Floor registers...thanks!
Old 06-23-2019, 07:29 AM   #7

Sandy

Do you have hot water?

Related, why are you trying to get hot air/heat in Florida in the summer? Just interested.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Sandy

Do you have hot water?

Related, why are you trying to get hot air/heat in Florida in the summer? Just interested.

Gary

I do have hot water, and I just saw on the aqua hot panel that Pump #1 light is red. Based on posts that I’ve read,it sounds like the pump failed.
Old 06-23-2019, 07:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Sandy

Do you have hot water?

Gary

I’m in CO and the temps have been in the 40s with some snow.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:56 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJourney View Post
I do have hot water, and I just saw on the aqua hot panel that Pump #1 light is red. Based on posts that I’ve read,it sounds like the pump failed.
At least we know you aren't trying to get heat in 95* weather
If you have hot water the Aqua hot is working. If there is a red light on one of the pumps is is probably bad. Remove the cover off of the Aqua Hot, three 9/16 bolts and see if the motors are the square GRI's or the round Buhlers. The GRI were bad motors and there was a recall on the earlier ones, but the replacements we not much better.
Do you have heat is zone 3, the bedroom? If not, do as J.H. recommend in post #4.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:24 AM   #11

Sandy

Chuck is giving you the straight story, but I will add. The OEM AquaHot pumps in the 2015 and many of the 2016 were a piece of junk, and failures were VERY common. Most of us (Chuck had a 14 and I had a 15 Anthem) and we and almost everyone else eventually replaced all 4 of the OEM motors with German made Buehler pumps. Those are Quality pumps, expensive but good. Luckily, many of us got the pumps replaced under AquaHot's 2 year warranty and as Chuck said, they replaced the 105 motors (I think that is the model) with 107 pumps (which were just as bad), and then those were replaced with Buehler motors.

Buehler pumps are available on-line from any of the AquaHot or Hydronic part supply houses... My advice, don't replace any bad pump with anything less than a Buehler pump.

Oh, and yes, now I understand why you want warm air.... Use the heat pumps in the AC units until you can get the AH fixed. The heat pumps should keep you warm down to about 43 degrees. Last resort, buy some 120 VAC space heaters to keep you warm for now.

Gary
Old 06-23-2019, 10:29 AM   #12

[emoji23]No heat needed in FL! I checked and the motors are square. We did have all the pumps replaced due to failure about a year after we bought the coach, but it looks like a bad batch of pumps. No heat in zone 3 either, so I tried what J.H. recommended...no luck. At least the fireplace is working! Thanks for your responses and stay cool if you’re in FL!
Old 06-23-2019, 10:58 AM   #13

Sandy

You probably had the 105 pumps replaced by 107 pumps, which as several of us have said, were not much better than the 105s..... and you were unlucky enough to get another couple of years out of those until they failed.

I could only get 2 of the 4 pumps replaced under warranty by AH and decided that I wanted to be done with the whole thing, so I bought two Buehler pumps out of my own pocket and had them installed when the two AH was paying for were installed so I had Buehler pumps all around.

I bought the two out of my pocket from Roger Burke who has a hydronics web page up on the net and he sells complete kits for each motor which has reducer sections of hose and all the stuff that is required to go from the OEM pumps to the Buehler pumps.

Gary
Old 06-23-2019, 04:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Sandy

You probably had the 105 pumps replaced by 107 pumps, which as several of us have said, were not much better than the 105s..... and you were unlucky enough to get another couple of years out of those until they failed.

I could only get 2 of the 4 pumps replaced under warranty by AH and decided that I wanted to be done with the whole thing, so I bought two Buehler pumps out of my own pocket and had them installed when the two AH was paying for were installed so I had Buehler pumps all around.

I bought the two out of my pocket from Roger Burke who has a hydronics web page up on the net and he sells complete kits for each motor which has reducer sections of hose and all the stuff that is required to go from the OEM pumps to the Buehler pumps.

Gary

It looks like I’ll be replacing all 4 pumps. I don’t use the AH for heating the coach very often, so that’s probably why they didn’t fail sooner. Thanks so much for your replies and the info on buying the pump kits.

Sandy

Tags
air, heat, heater