Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2016, 04:00 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
I just talked to Mike in CS. This is not correct.

If you are on 30 amp service, "charger 2" is automatically turned off. "Inverter 2" as well as "inverter 1" and its "charger 1" are all running and your house batteries are still being charged.

You do not need both chargers turned on to keep the batteries up. When you are parked and on 30 or 50 amp service, the charging profiles keep the house batteries charged and when they are above a certain voltage they start topping off the chassis batteries. When you are traveling, the chassis alternator is charging the chassis batteries and then running through a process of topping off the house batteries.

I think the biggest part of the confusion is coming from the screen itself. The way its laid out is implying that you have turned off the inverter and the charger for the house batteries and that "an" inverter/charger for the chassis batteries is still functioning. There is no inverter/charger directly linked to the chassis batteries. Charging all flows through the house batteries to the chassis batteries when on shore power. You have only turned off "charger 2", "inverter 2" is still functioning.

I think what they need to do is provide a little separation and titling on the screen so that you can tell you are looking at inverter status's and not trying associate a particular inverter to a particular bank of batteries. You can see that by the way it is currently laid out, it is very confusing.

Clear as mud huh?
So there is no need to turn off breakers while on 30 amp shore power?

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2016, 08:05 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Good catch on the AGM 1 setting

I did check mine a while back and it was on AGM2 at delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Jeanne,

If those pictures are recent, check your battery type setting, it should be on AGM2 instead of AGM1 for better charging.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:21 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
I did check mine a while back and it was on AGM2 at delivery.
I think ours was set on AGM2 originally also. That was 2 panels back. I'll change it to AGM2.

Thank you..!
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:27 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
So there is no need to turn off breakers while on 30 amp shore power?
There is a note on the section for long or short term storage with 15/20 or 30 amp power to turn off inverter #2 at the breaker.

As for being parked and having only 30 amp service, they are suggesting that you set your AGS to come of if needed. It its needed during quiet times, the system will start shutting down 120 volt appliances and the inverters.

Their suggested AGS voltage setting from the manual is 12.2 but the last two vega touch panels we got were set to 11.7. 12.2 is a much better setting, right?
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:05 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
There is a note on the section for long or short term storage with 15/20 or 30 amp power to turn off inverter #2 at the breaker.

As for being parked and having only 30 amp service, they are suggesting that you set your AGS to come of if needed. It its needed during quiet times, the system will start shutting down 120 volt appliances and the inverters.

Their suggested AGS voltage setting from the manual is 12.2 but the last two vega touch panels we got were set to 11.7. 12.2 is a much better setting, right?
Jeanne,

I find it strange that an inverter needs to be shut off while hooked up to shore power of less than 30 amp while in storage, I see no logic in this. While on shore power the inverter is not being used, all AC power is being passed through the 30 amp breaker on the inverter itself.

Yes, 11.7v is much lower than 50% SOC. 12.1v - 12.2v is right around 50% SOC under a normal load.

Old 10-19-2016, 04:43 PM   #34

So I have a 2017 with the L16 AGM batteries and my Vega Touch is set on AGM 1. Should my setting be AGM 2?
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:15 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2011 View Post
So I have a 2017 with the L16 AGM batteries and my Vega Touch is set on AGM 1. Should my setting be AGM 2?
Bill,

Yes, AGM2 should be selected. Your batteries should be charged to 14.7v but with the present settings available in the Vegatouch this is not possible. AGM1 is only giving a charge of 14.3v, AGM2 is giving a charge of 14.5v which is the best you can do......for now. Hopefully in the future Entegra will program a Custom setting so the user can set what should be set for the batteries they have.

Old 10-19-2016, 05:55 PM   #36

Thanks 757. I have adjusted to AGM2 and appreciate the advice.

Bill
Old 10-19-2016, 10:52 PM   #37

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Storing the coach with inverter 2 on is just a drain on the already limited power if plugged in to 15 amps. If the inverter is on, it's drawing power. Just turn it off.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
www.entegraowners.com
2017 Anthem DEQ/Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 06:19 PM   #38

Hey guys I am not trying to start a debate on this topic again but we did PJ's class today and he advises that AGM1 is the correct setting for 2017's with the L16 batteries and that we should equalize every 30 days as prompted by the Vega Touch screen. He says that the equalization process that is pre programmed into the Entegra Coach system is not the same as the equalization process that would be "not recommended" for these L16 batteries. He also says warranty will not be voided by so doing and says the L16's should last an average of 7 years. So this is all very confusing for me but I have reset to AGM1 and will equalize recommended by Entegra Coach. I only hope this works out OK.
Old 10-22-2016, 12:24 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Hey guys I am not trying to start a debate on this topic again but we did PJ's class today and he advises that AGM1 is the correct setting for 2017's with the L16 batteries and that we should equalize every 30 days as prompted by the Vega Touch screen. He says that the equalization process that is pre programmed into the Entegra Coach system is not the same as the equalization process that would be "not recommended" for these L16 batteries. He also says warranty will not be voided by so doing and says the L16's should last an average of 7 years. So this is all very confusing for me but I have reset to AGM1 and will equalize recommended by Entegra Coach. I only hope this works out OK.
Bill,

Thanks for the update. One thing to point out though, Entegra will honour the warranty and replace batteries that fail, but only up to the two year period. After that you are on your own. In year three or later trying to prove to Entegra that your batteries failed due to equalizing would be impossible.

More to come.

Old 10-22-2016, 07:43 PM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra needs to get this AGM 1&2 issue resolved

We took PJ's class a few weeks ago. As we were the only ones in the class with a 2017 we specifically asked the AGM 1&2 question and PJ told us on the L16's to use AGM2. I think that several others on this thread with 2017's that received the same info to set the battery type to AGM2.

PJ did say that the equalization is much different on the 17's and not as aggressive.

Since I will be at Entegra on Tuesday I hope I can get a straight answer as these batteries are just too damn expensive to kill a battery with a wrong setting. Not sure why Entegra just did not lock in the battery type in the Firefly system to what was needed.

Quote:
Old 10-22-2016, 08:54 PM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
We took PJ's class a few weeks ago. As we were the only ones in the class with a 2017 we specifically asked the AGM 1&2 question and PJ told us on the L16's to use AGM2. I think that several others on this thread with 2017's that received the same info to set the battery type to AGM2.

PJ did say that the equalization is much different on the 17's and not as aggressive.

Since I will be at Entegra on Tuesday I hope I can get a straight answer as these batteries are just too damn expensive to kill a battery with a wrong setting. Not sure why Entegra just did not lock in the battery type in the Firefly system to what was needed.
Jim,

I feel sorry for 2017 owners with AGM batteries. It must be rather disconcerting to be told to use the AGM2 setting a few weeks ago then some this week are being told to use the AGM1 setting. Very confusing indeed.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:06 PM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Jim,

Any further information from Entegra on what the Vegatouch panel should be set to for battery charging?