Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2015, 08:18 AM   #1

Help with water pump problem please

I have a 2014 Anthem and are on the road with a non working water pump. It was working early on in the trip and one day we lost pressure on the road and have not been able to get it to work again. I have spoke with Mike at Entegra and have gone threw all the valves and have set them all in the correct position, The water pumps runs continuously and will not shut off or give any water pressure. They said it was a bad pump. They shipped me a new one we replaced the pump and same thing no pressure and the pump runs. Filled water tank full to make it easier. Cleaned the screen at the pump still no water. Need Help anybody have an idea what would be causing this.
VB Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2015, 08:42 AM   #2

something must be open that it won't keep prime. someone posted a picture of all the valve positions on the board,,,I would try to find that and reconfirm.
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:48 AM   #3

Ok Will take a look and see. No valves were changed during the trip so that why I think its something else. Thanks
Old 01-31-2015, 08:50 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Some pumps are not self priming. I had this problem with mine. Unscrew the inlet connection a little at the pump and wait until water drips. Then tighten the fitting and try the pump.

This will also assure you that the pump is getting water.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:54 AM   #5

I did loosen one aide at a time to help it prime but it never did. It did not seem like a very strong suction. I replaced the pump and still same issue.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VB Bill View Post
I did loosen one aide at a time to help it prime but it never did. It did not seem like a very strong suction. I replaced the pump and still same issue.
VP this happened to us our fill valve was in the city position, try moving it a couple times hope it that
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:05 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
When you want to use water from the coach tank, make sure after you fill your tank to place the knob in the vertical or city position. Horizontal to fill vertical to use......
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:58 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Bill, there have been a few post that the city fill valves have gone bad and have caused the problem your are experiencing.

Here are a few posts and fixes to your problem. Hope it is one of the easy ones.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7718797
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
something must be open that it won't keep prime. someone posted a picture of all the valve positions on the board,,,I would try to find that and reconfirm.
X2 my money is on valve out of position. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 02:18 PM   #10

Mine stopped pumping two days ago - made noise, but no water.. I had not messed with any of the valves recently. Tried all of the tricks to no avail. Swapped the water pump - fixed. I really like the performance of the quiet Shurflo 4008, but 5 months of of use before failure is disappointing.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 04:15 PM   #11

Did you wintertize your coach this year? If you did have are the valves in the correct position?
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:37 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Any success finding the problem yet?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:31 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by VB Bill View Post
I have a 2014 Anthem and are on the road with a non working water pump. It was working early on in the trip and one day we lost pressure on the road and have not been able to get it to work again. I have spoke with Mike at Entegra and have gone threw all the valves and have set them all in the correct position, The water pumps runs continuously and will not shut off or give any water pressure. They said it was a bad pump. They shipped me a new one we replaced the pump and same thing no pressure and the pump runs. Filled water tank full to make it easier. Cleaned the screen at the pump still no water. Need Help anybody have an idea what would be causing this.
Bill,

Try this with the old pump and the new pump, both could have the same problem.

While disconnecting city water tonight (it is being shut down at our park) I ran into the exact same problem, pump would run but no output from the pump. To make a long story short after checking all the other suggestions listed here and still nothing works try this.

Disconnect the inlet and outlet from the pump, disconnect the wiring and unbolt it from the wall. Remove the strainer and drain it. Place the pump on a table with the black end with the 8 screws facing up. Place a paper towel under the pump as water will come out as you take it apart. Remove the 8 screws and remove the black plastic pump housing. On the inside of the pump cover near the outlet you will see a round 1/4 " disc. Gently push in on this disc, it should move in and out about 1/8" or so. This is the path for the pumped water to go to your taps. Mine was jammed in the closed position and thus with the pump running no water was getting through. Once it was freed up and all put back together everything worked great.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:04 AM   #14

No I have not been able to fix the problem yet. There seems to be a air getting into the line past the pump. Checked all the valves still will not hold pressure.

Tags
water, water pump