RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2019, 06:20 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
House Batteries

Said goodbye to my house batteries again today. We replaced them in 2014 and decided it was time for a new set. Around five years seems a good life for flooded batteries. My forever home is on her third set now.

coachmanrvr is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2019, 06:22 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
What 5 year old T105s look like in the battery bay...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191114_100452.jpeg
Views:	12
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	266884

Old 11-14-2019, 06:32 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I kill my batteries, going to replace them in spring probably with AGM if not lithium. RV seems to kill them too fast(these are 18months old(4x6v)). Let me rephrase, I kill them after one trip for some reason they go dead soon after arriving home after 10k trip this year had RV service and service center told me the batteries were shot.
GNRVNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:40 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Cost benefit for going away from flooded batteries make no sense to me. Your rig needs to be examined for charging / discharging issues. No way a set of new batteries should be dead in 18 months. Make sure your charger is equipped to charge AGM batteries. They require different settings from the standard flooded batteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNRVNG View Post
I kill my batteries, going to replace them in spring probably with AGM if not lithium. RV seems to kill them too fast(these are 18months old(4x6v)). Let me rephrase, I kill them after one trip for some reason they go dead soon after arriving home after 10k trip this year had RV service and service center told me the batteries were shot.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:36 PM   #5

House Batteries

I have 4 6-volt wet batteries, 6 years old. They are just fine!
I top off the electrolyte the 1st of each month with distilled water, takes about 5 minutes.

My coach batteries have historically lasted 7 to 9 years!

The 6 batteries are available from Samís club for $89 each. I can live with that, and for a very long time!

I donít have an inverter. I donít boondock!!!
My smart charger is flawless!

Happy Trails

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:20 AM   #6

2013 Anthem Batteries are 2012 installed

I am still using my AGM batteries on my anthem. Going on eight years.
bobcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 05:35 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I put 4 of the Batteries Plus Duracell Flooded batteries back in about a year ago. I am not a heavy boon-docking type, so these have worked good for my set up, and they cost about $115 each. Easy replacement.
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:02 PM   #8

4 X 6v golf cart 225AH vs 2 x 12 v 200 AH AGM

Hi all. 1st time post for me but frequent viewer and user of all the great info sharing. I have always used the 4 X 6v golf carts in my coach. Typically get 4 to 5 years life but due to not being too frequent traver yet it might get better when we go full time next year. In any case my question is what if any benefit might I get by going to 2 x 12v AGM. A quick look shows not much cost difference. My coach ( 2001 HR DP Endeavor) has the original Trace Engineering 3 stage Inverter/Charger, which has never given any issues. Not planning on much boondocking but do frequently have trips where destination takes us 3 days to get to campground. Any input and shared experience would be appreciated.
RockyCliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyCliff View Post
Hi all. 1st time post for me but frequent viewer and user of all the great info sharing. I have always used the 4 X 6v golf carts in my coach. Typically get 4 to 5 years life but due to not being too frequent traver yet it might get better when we go full time next year. In any case my question is what if any benefit might I get by going to 2 x 12v AGM. A quick look shows not much cost difference. My coach ( 2001 HR DP Endeavor) has the original Trace Engineering 3 stage Inverter/Charger, which has never given any issues. Not planning on much boondocking but do frequently have trips where destination takes us 3 days to get to campground. Any input and shared experience would be appreciated.
Its all about capacity. If your 2 - 12 volt batteries are about equal to the 4 - 6 volt batteries, you can expect the same service.

I don't think 2-12 both AGMs will have more capacity the 4 GC2 batteries. Check the specs.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:06 PM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyCliff View Post
Welcome to the forum !

4 to 5 years is a fairly short life. Do you keep your coach plugged in when not in use?

Tags
batteries, house batteries