Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2016, 08:04 PM   #1

How do you like the new En-telligent active cruise and avoidance system

Now that some of you have put some miles on the 2017 Cornerstones, how do you like or dislike the active cruise? Have you had any experience with the collision avoidance feature?

Inquiring minds need to know.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2016, 09:34 PM   #2

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..... I think that the saying is: "The Silence is Deafening"

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:46 PM   #3
YC1

I have that type of system on my Ford Edge and love it. I wish I could add it to the RV

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 05:36 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Here is a short thread, but not many are commenting on this. That could be a good thing.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/cms-304697.html
Old 09-29-2016, 06:41 AM   #5

We have it, we both drive and we both like it. It did take us a while to get used to as we don't have other vehicles with anything similar. The adaptive cruise is really a nice feature for both open road driving and for some more congested traffic. Its nice to not "creep up" on the traffic ahead all the time though we do find ourselves saying "why are we going so slow" and then realize that the guy in front of us has slowed down by 5 or 10 mph and so have we. It takes a bit too long to recover to your set speed when you pull out into the passing lane to go around though. We do normally kick it off and accelerate around the guy that dropped 5 or 10 mph.

As far as the CMS, it works nicely. In slowing traffic we did have a small car jump in between us and the vehicle in front of us and before I had my foot on the brake, the coach had slowed us down. It gives you that extra second, maybe 2 to slow down and avoid a bad situation. We are all in favor of anything that you can do to get a slight edge of safety.

The little monitor that shows you the distance and the speed vehicle of the vehicle in front of you is also nice to have.

I am convinced it has made us better drivers. If it was an option, I believe we would purchase it again.
Magic-carpet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:35 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I want to know about this system myself
Old 09-29-2016, 07:56 AM   #7

No experience with the system on ECs but we had a BMW 328 with it and absolutely loved it. It definitely made driving in traffic easier and safer.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:30 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..... I think that the saying is: "The Silence is Deafening"

Gary
Not that many 2017 Cornerstones out there yet so I think it'll be a while until we get very much feedback.

I haven't driven a 2017 CS yet but did drive the 2017 Anthem. The Anthem doesn't have the adaptive cruise part but does have the warning part. I found it kept flashing in the mirrors as I drove through the factory lot and every construction barrel or post I passed caused the indicators in the mirror to light up. It's nice to have safety warning but if it's going off all the time it will tend to get ignored and then becomes useless. But I didn't have enough seat time to really come to a definitive conclusion on it.

I did drive a 2017 King Aire with the system and didn't care for it but that was more due to the way it was implemented into the glass dash.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
We have it, we both drive and we both like it. It did take us a while to get used to as we don't have other vehicles with anything similar. The adaptive cruise is really a nice feature for both open road driving and for some more congested traffic. Its nice to not "creep up" on the traffic ahead all the time though we do find ourselves saying "why are we going so slow" and then realize that the guy in front of us has slowed down by 5 or 10 mph and so have we. It takes a bit too long to recover to your set speed when you pull out into the passing lane to go around though. We do normally kick it off and accelerate around the guy that dropped 5 or 10 mph.

As far as the CMS, it works nicely. In slowing traffic we did have a small car jump in between us and the vehicle in front of us and before I had my foot on the brake, the coach had slowed us down. It gives you that extra second, maybe 2 to slow down and avoid a bad situation. We are all in favor of anything that you can do to get a slight edge of safety.

The little monitor that shows you the distance and the speed vehicle of the vehicle in front of you is also nice to have.

I am convinced it has made us better drivers. If it was an option, I believe we would purchase it again.
I mirror everything Jeanne&Mike said except I don't kick mine off when pulling out to pass. If it's a little slow to pick back up I just accelerate until up to speed then it takes over again.
Great system as far as I'm conserved.
Misty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 02:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
Not that many 2017 Cornerstones out there yet so I think it'll be a while until we get very much feedback.

I haven't driven a 2017 CS yet but did drive the 2017 Anthem. The Anthem doesn't have the adaptive cruise part but does have the warning part. I found it kept flashing in the mirrors as I drove through the factory lot and every construction barrel or post I passed caused the indicators in the mirror to light up. It's nice to have safety warning but if it's going off all the time it will tend to get ignored and then becomes useless. But I didn't have enough seat time to really come to a definitive conclusion on it.

I did drive a 2017 King Aire with the system and didn't care for it but that was more due to the way it was implemented into the glass dash.
Mark, you are correct, the warning lights on the dash and the mirrors do tend to flash at every barrel and guard rail. I pay attention to them only for when I am changing lanes. All other times they are insignificant information.
Magic-carpet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 02:55 PM   #11

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Mark, you are correct, the warning lights on the dash and the mirrors do tend to flash at every barrel and guard rail. I pay attention to them only for when I am changing lanes. All other times they are insignificant information.
Agree. It's easy to ignore the unnecessary warnings. In general, they don't occur when there's another lane to the right side unless there's a vehicle there.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tex View Post
Now that some of you have put some miles on the 2017 Cornerstones, how do you like or dislike the active cruise? Have you had any experience with the collision avoidance feature?

Inquiring minds need to know.
I've driven about 6000 miles with it and love the system. It has only decelerated the coach once when a guy cut in front of me and hit his brakes. I don't think I would have hit him but the system reacted before I could and it wasn't even close. On our last trip we had heavy rain for about 200 miles and the radar did lock up twice while I was passing an 18 wheeler while climbing a hill. Both times it happened when the coach was in the spray from the tandems on the 18 wheeler and I got a "Radar Blocked" error message. My only complaint is that the system will not reset until you cycle the ignition so you have to pull over to get the cruise back online. I didn't realize how much I would miss it until it was offline. It really takes a lot of stress out of driving and I wouldn't have a motorhome without it now.
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
jb4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:34 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Piling on I guess but that is our view as well. As others have said we just hit the accelerator when we realize we've slowed down. That might be the only thing we've seen - that we get so comfortable driving this beast that we don't realize that we've come upon a slower vehicle and the CMS has slowed us down. Just too enjoyable to drive.

We also agree on the point about being cut off - the system is really effective at seeing someone who has done that to you and very quick to react.

We have also had the Radar quit in heavy rain - didn't require a trucker to cause it. There is a fix for that from Entegra - apparently the wiper motors can interfere with some of the radar gear on a few coaches.

And the conclusion: We love it and wouldn't want to be without it. We didn't like the Lane Monitor but this system is a real plus
Old 09-29-2016, 08:23 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
First trip out from Atlanta toward home we were cut off by a small car jumping lanes into off ramp traffic and it slowed us significantly and I learned about the Air Horn and I am sure they will "never ever" do that again! We have adaptive on both of our cars and would "never ever" be without it again!!. Does that help? Drive safe