Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 223
HOw long does it take you to air up

after sitting for a few days?

I'm just at 3 minutes, from full deflate to aired up, ready to move.
__________________

__________________
Robert L is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
justaroamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 517
HOw long does it take you to air up
Really depends on what I ate the night before....just joking you are in line with acceptabe air up.
A few days, does not make any difference as to days????... system dumps jacks go down???...check valve set at 65 psi locks in and air pressure should be 65 psi any time you start unless you have a leak. DOT std. 1. 4 P.S.I. drop in the front air system in a 2 minute time period. 2. 4 P.S.I. drop in the rear air system in a 2 minute time period are the DOT standards for allowable air leaks. For more info. Standard No. 121; Air brake systems. - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
__________________

__________________
♫ Happy Trails... to You ♪....., Until We Meet Again ♪..... ♫
justaroamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
tnrzryd's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert L View Post
after sitting for a few days?

I'm just at 3 minutes, from full deflate to aired up, ready to move.
Robert, that sounds pretty quick to me. Are you doing anything special other than the obvious - having the engine running? Do you have it in fast idle? Does it air quicker if you press "auto store" again even after the jacks are up?
__________________
Tom and Regina
2013 Entegra 44DLQ
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 554
3 minutes...I'd be doing back flips... that is great. our 2012 anthem will take 5 to 20 minutes to air up before we can move. went to shop twice to check for leaks. conference call with Spartan, they confirmed that air up could take that long. And that the Anthems take longer to air up than the Aspires do to differences in chassis configurations. We will loose enough air in a few hours that we have to wait to air up again. after setting in camp for a day or more, the process we use to air up is
1) repeat retract all for jacks, 2) dynamite brakes, and 3) reset the parking brake....set cruise contol to 1000 rpm... then, wait 5 to 20 minutes for air up. if it takes longer than 5 minutes, then i usually repeat #2 and #3 to try and speed up process.
__________________
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
tnrzryd's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
3 minutes...I'd be doing back flips... that is great. our 2012 anthem will take 5 to 20 minutes to air up before we can move. went to shop twice to check for leaks. conference call with Spartan, they confirmed that air up could take that long. And that the Anthems take longer to air up than the Aspires do to differences in chassis configurations. We will loose enough air in a few hours that we have to wait to air up again. after setting in camp for a day or more, the process we use to air up is
1) repeat retract all for jacks, 2) dynamite brakes, and 3) reset the parking brake....set cruise contol to 1000 rpm... then, wait 5 to 20 minutes for air up. if it takes longer than 5 minutes, then i usually repeat #2 and #3 to try and speed up process.
Tadd at Entegra told me that pressing the "Auto Store" button a second time after the jacks are up, will speed up the process.
__________________
Tom and Regina
2013 Entegra 44DLQ
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
RISCKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
3 minutes...I'd be doing back flips... that is great. our 2012 anthem will take 5 to 20 minutes to air up before we can move. went to shop twice to check for leaks. conference call with Spartan, they confirmed that air up could take that long. And that the Anthems take longer to air up than the Aspires do to differences in chassis configurations. We will loose enough air in a few hours that we have to wait to air up again. after setting in camp for a day or more, the process we use to air up is
1) repeat retract all for jacks, 2) dynamite brakes, and 3) reset the parking brake....set cruise contol to 1000 rpm... then, wait 5 to 20 minutes for air up. if it takes longer than 5 minutes, then i usually repeat #2 and #3 to try and speed up process.
Takes me about 1 minute. After retracting jacks and setting cruise for the fast idle (which is 1000 rpm) and depress the resume button to increase the idle to approx. 1500 rpm. Air valve will "pop off" within 60-90 seconds.
__________________
RISCKY
2013 Entegra Anthem 44 DLQ
RISCKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by RISCKY View Post
Takes me about 1 minute. After retracting jacks and setting cruise for the fast idle (which is 1000 rpm) and depress the resume button to increase the idle to approx. 1500 rpm. Air valve will "pop off" within 60-90 seconds.
doesn't help for my 2012 model Anthem....they may have changed something on the 2013's?
__________________
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrzryd View Post
Tadd at Entegra told me that pressing the "Auto Store" button a second time after the jacks are up, will speed up the process.
doesn't work the same on the 2012 Anthem i have......
__________________
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 223
Yes, I pressed the auto store twice. Seems to air up pretty fast (3 min). Seemed to take much longer at the campsites of the last 2 weeks, than in my driveway...The coach was idling, no fast idle...

I'll try again tomorrow with only hitting the "all up" jack button once....


Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrzryd View Post
Robert, that sounds pretty quick to me. Are you doing anything special other than the obvious - having the engine running? Do you have it in fast idle? Does it air quicker if you press "auto store" again even after the jacks are up?
__________________

__________________
Robert L is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.