Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2016, 05:02 PM   #1

How loud does your cabin get during high winds?

Shutting the vent for the kitchen exhaust helps, but the shaking of the windows is terribly loud. I'm not sure how high the winds are but looking outside the flag is moving quite a bit. Driving at freeway speeds the two main windows on the door side make a bit of noise. I think having the one knob in the center to pull them shut has a bit to do with the design. It got so bad I taped up the sides so I wouldn't hear the rattle and I was worried about them delaminating. Anybody else experienced this or any other remedies?

There's also a noise behind the microwave. It does help when i shut the exhaust fan door.
lincoln20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2016, 07:02 PM   #2

Cross winds do cause a bit of noise in our coach, also the passenger window(the small vent window) on ours has come apart again.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 09:16 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Don't know if this helps. My 2014 Anthem had quite a bit of noise up front. First thing I found (the dealer couldn't find) was a large unfilled void or crack at the top of the stairwell where the plywood meets the frame. Brobox wrote a thread on this. The next thing I found on my Anthem and an old Monaco I had was holes thru the firewall not completely filled with expanding foam. During certain wind conditions the front would "howl" until I filled them. ( Use a bright trouble light in the cockpit one night and open your genny door and peer inside.) The last thing was something I read on the Newmar forum. Sometimes your front mirrors need to be rotated in or out to reduce buffeting noises. You need an Allen wrench to loosen the set screws on the base pivot then of course readjust your mirror setting. Some people have luck moving the left mirror further in or out relative to the side of the coach. Those mirrors are moved frequently in production.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 05:08 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I cannot begin to count the hours I have spent correcting wind noises, but this is on a Classic. I still have the entry door and driver-side window that I am going to let Entegra try to correct on the PDI next month. It sounds like you have windows that need replacing or removed and resealed. Cruzer did a post about some of the window problems on the newer models that might be helpful..
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 05:23 AM   #5

On our 16 Anthem 44B the windows over the couch keep blowing open at the bottom.I guess the wind is catching them and they are opening at the bottom. The fix I guess is to replace the window with the one with the sliders as the 17's have.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 08:13 AM   #6

With our 44A we have trouble with the window at the entertainment center. It rattles and comes open during a crosswind.
weirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:13 PM   #7

There is a fix for this 2016 windows. NIRVC ordered an update and fixed our passenger side sofa window that would not stay shut.

2016 44 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Old 06-02-2016, 01:49 AM   #8

Thanks for the info. I think I'll look into the fix for the windows. They're not delaminating yet, but they don't likely hold up. I see them bouncing around even though they're tightly secure.

Didn't realize the 17's updated these. One middle knob is the problem.
lincoln20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:08 AM   #9

Brobox, I have a 16 cornerstone, and talk about wind noise, I am loaded with it at 65 and up or with a cross wind. Do not know where to start but I will get on it on this trip coming up. It is about 70% more wind noise than mt 12 Revolution. Yikes!!
Old 06-02-2016, 08:40 AM   #10

American Coach Owners Club
Larry I see you stepped up, hope you enjoy it! if not I feel for those Entegra folks.
I plan to be coming down to Bella Terra the end of this month to stay for a while.
Tell Violet hello!

Eric
Green D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:57 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lault View Post
Brobox, I have a 16 cornerstone, and talk about wind noise, I am loaded with it at 65 and up or with a cross wind. Do not know where to start but I will get on it on this trip coming up. It is about 70% more wind noise than mt 12 Revolution. Yikes!!
I thought I was one of the rare ones with that problem. I did find my biggest problem was the step well never being sealed under the coach. I did a long photo post of where to look and how to fix it, but I am sorry with the new search function I cannot find it to share with you.

I am down to door window noise and drivers window. Both I think need to be resealed and will have those looked at on my PDI next month.

Cruzer did a nice post on the outside wind noise of the new larger windows if you can find that.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:07 AM   #12
Community Administrator

New search function ?? I'm not aware of this. Maybe this is the thread you're referring to.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/lots...er-217444.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I thought I was one of the rare ones with that problem. I did find my biggest problem was the step well never being sealed under the coach. I did a long photo post of where to look and how to fix it, but I am sorry with the new search function I cannot find it to share with you.

I am down to door window noise and drivers window. Both I think need to be resealed and will have those looked at on my PDI next month.

Cruzer did a nice post on the outside wind noise of the new larger windows if you can find that.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:25 AM   #13

Good to hear my issues are not unique at least. Driving west across WY on I-80 yesterday the wind was howling 35+ and thought my passenger side door was going to vibrate off and yes of course the windows we're sounding their protest. Will be following up on Chuck's and Cruzer's trouble spots. Headed to Bend for a few days before going on to Anacortes but unfortunately Beaver in Bend is booked solid and can't touch my coach. LNB on the Winegard apparently has died and Entegra is going to have a mobile tech come check it out while in Bend.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 02:47 PM   #14

The hunt begins, thanks for the wind noise info