Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2016, 05:25 PM   #1

How Not to Chirp?

Hi friends - do you know of a way to stop the alarm/security system from chirping when opening or closing the door on a 2017 Cornerstone? I like the system, but in a quiet campground coming home late, it sounds very loud indeed.
I read the manual twice, and saw lots of info on the system but nothing about disabling the chirp. Thought maybe you might know.

Cheers!

Frank
Franko Foto is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2016, 05:36 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
On a Classic you can disconnect the speaker on the firewall inside of the generator compartment. You should be able the find the "chirpper" and disconnect it on newer model, I would think. Or fill it with a sound deadening material.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 05:50 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
There should be a setting to allow the "chirper" to be disabled. If not in the manual a quick call to the service should find the answer.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:49 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

There is no software setting to disable the chirper on the TriMark system that is used by Entegra.

Chuck's disconnect method would be the best.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 03:26 PM   #5
JJT

Entegra Owners Club
While we're on the subject of "chirping", I noticed during one of the trips last year that my 2014 stopped chirping when using the remote to lock the door. The door locks, but no chirp, and not even sure if the alarm sets or not. Any suggestions?
JJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 04:44 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
The alarm can be programmed to push key fob lock button once to lock, and a second push to set the alarm. This is useful if you want to lock the doors while inside, or in the bed, and not arm the alarm. (save lots of false alarms, and you can lock, and remain inside and not have to worry about setting off the alarm from the sound/motion sensors)

Try locking your coach, then push lock again to see if it sets the alarm and chirps.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:57 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

I believe our 2016 can be programmed the same way. Unfortunately, that only works with the key fob, not the keypad on the side of the coach.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:03 PM   #8

I've been too busy to read the TriMark instruction manual, so I've been simply locking the door by manually moving (sliding) the handle lock to the lock position. This isn't the deadbolt knob that you can turn.

Then shut door.

Upon return, key in entry code followed by the normal 1/2 to unlock, and the door is unlocked without all the chirping.

Of course the only time we armed the alarm, it woke us up very early one morning.

It's all fun, what a coach!

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:25 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

I found that the remote key fob and door handle won't unlock the basement compartments when the engine is running. Probably a safety feature but not too handy if you pull into a fuel stop and want to access a basement compartment without shutting off the engine. It also wasn't possible to lock all the doors at night from inside the front entry area without using the key fob, which in turn set the alarm. So I installed a mini rocker switch in the copilot's side console that unlocks or locks the door and all of the compartments without activating the alarm. Now I can easily lock the coach at night and also unlock everything when I jump out at a fuel stop or rest area.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:36 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I can use the door handle numbers to lock the coach by pressing #1 (and holding) one time, and press it a 2nd time to arm the alarm. I will verify. (have to get the coach inspected on Saturday)

I do like your mod to lock the doors inside with the switch on the passenger console - makes it easy to lock and not have to find the keys.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:09 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
I found that the remote key fob and door handle won't unlock the basement compartments when the engine is running. Probably a safety feature but not too handy if you pull into a fuel stop and want to access a basement compartment without shutting off the engine. It also wasn't possible to lock all the doors at night from inside the front entry area without using the key fob, which in turn set the alarm. So I installed a mini rocker switch in the copilot's side console that unlocks or locks the door and all of the compartments without activating the alarm. Now I can easily lock the coach at night and also unlock everything when I jump out at a fuel stop or rest area.
At night we use the key fob to lock the basement doors and then manually lock the front door which has everything locked but the alarm is not armed.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:16 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

I used to do that but now it's easier to just press the switch in the copilot's side console.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:38 PM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Mark, where did you wire that into? Can you take a pic?
Old 08-25-2016, 12:51 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

I have no pics but if you look in the TriMark manual it will show the connector numbers, locations and pinouts. All I had to do was intercept the two wires (blue and green and run them, plus a third wire to a good ground at the dash, down through the dash to the front cap area, then back through the wheel well (everything in a plastic wire loom with nylon cable ties) and up through the existing hole (need to remove some foam and reseal after) that carries wires up into the copilot's side console. Then I connected a SPDT momentary held mini-rocker switch with center off to it and mounted it in the panel.

Attached is my schematic as well as the TriMark Installation manual that shows the connector locations.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SmarTire System Wiring.pdf (12.5 KB, 92 views)
File Type: pdf Trimark UM17 Installation Manual.pdf (898.2 KB, 110 views)