Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2018, 05:41 PM   #1

How often are owners cleaning there air conditioning filters

Since the upgraded vent post I am sure everyone has read recently , I thought I would ask just how often on the average are your filters needing to be cleaned or replaced?

I do realize conditions very and like camping at a motor cross track you would need to do it often but under average conditions just how needed is this..

At this point in my standard uses it seems maybe twice a year for me. When I check them they always seem pretty clean... Thanks
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2018, 06:04 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I change mine every 30 days and that is in paved RV parks. I used the white replacement filters that show the dirt much easier.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:58 PM   #3

Have to replace ours about every 30 days when Coach is in use and using AC quite a bit.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:25 PM   #4

Every time I look ours has dirt built up on them. I recently bought some green and white filters( Merv 6) as recommended by another forum member and used the air for the first time today. Maybe it's just my imagination but AC seems to be running quieter and more smoothly. The filter manufacturer says change yearly if you are not full timing. We'll see.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:53 AM   #5

If the conditions are really dusty, we’ve replaced them as quickly as a couple of weeks.

However, when spending months in the coach, 30 days is quite typical.

I usually notice the front and rears are the very worst.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:59 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
Every time I look ours has dirt built up on them. I recently bought some green and white filters( Merv 6) as recommended by another forum member and used the air for the first time today. Maybe it's just my imagination but AC seems to be running quieter and more smoothly. The filter manufacturer says change yearly if you are not full timing. We'll see.
Not saying this is incorrect, but I had 1/2 of my intake grills off while doing the magnet mod in an RV park in ID with all the A/C running. I could not tell much difference if any with no A/C filters. Now you have my curiosity up, I'll try opening the vents on the 19 and see if there is any noise difference.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:06 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
One thing to think of is that any air filter will not become 100% efficient till there is a layer of dirt/dust on them...........the same goes for the engine air filter's. Dirt/dust on any filter will help in trapping/stopping new dirt/dust.........When new one can see right through them, and when a little dirty you can't.........so when new, some dirt/dust does pass through till a layer is built up.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:13 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I change the front and back every 30 days ... and they have a full layer of nasty dust on them. The mid filters never seem to get dirty, but I do change them about every 3 months. The mid ac doesn't come on much either, so that is probably the reason.

When I get back to BT ... I'm having our A/C units "cleaned" .... guess it takes about an hour for each unit and they say it will help them run efficiently and I will be surprised at the junk that has been in there. We will see .....
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:22 AM   #9

Instead of ready made circular air filter inserts, I purchased a large sheet of filter material and cut the 6" circles out of them. Probably ended up less than $.15 each. Periodically I take a look at the filters, if I see one that has visible dirt on it, I replace them all. Probably ends up maybe every 20 to 30 days of continuous use depending on the environment (dusty conditions, or hard stand). Your experience may vary!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, air conditioning