Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2016, 10:37 AM   #1
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
How to remove round ceiling light?

Well, this seems like it should be simple enough, but it seems no project is simple for me...

One of our round led ceiling lights in the bath area has become a strobe light and I can't figure out the trick for removing the light fixture or the glass cover. I can get it to pull down from the ceiling about 1/2" but no more. I can get the whole fixture to turn but it just keeps spinning. Before I twist and pull too much I thought I'd seek advice.

Does the glass lens unscrew from the fixture? How do I access those?

rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2016, 10:51 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
If it is like my kitchen that Entegra just replaced, there are two clips inside after you pull it down an inch.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:14 AM   #3
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
I can tell it has the two clips, but I can't get it to come out of the hole far enough to get to them. I'll try to think of something I can slip up along the side of the fixture to get to them.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:37 AM   #4
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Talked to Brian in CS - he said to try to unscrew the glass from the fixture so that the spring clamp won't break it when it comes out of the hole, then just pull down firmly on the side by one of the clips until it comes out of the hole.

My glass wouldn't unscrew while up in the ceiling, so he said to try to protect the glass from getting hit by the clamp, as it will snap pretty hard.

That technique worked. Brian was right about the springs being really strong and snapping pretty hard when they finally come out of the hole (you can guess how I know).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4206.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	336.0 KB
ID:	138958
Old 09-14-2016, 12:18 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I just installed one of those in my S&B above the wet bar...those springs are strong. Did you get the replacement light from Entegra or online?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:27 PM   #6

Had to replace a couple bulbs in my fixture. Yes they do pull down. If you wear gloves, hold fixture were both springs are and pull down. When the springs snap back you really won't feel them. Then you hold the fixture and unscrew the glass about a quarter turn and it will come off.
Hope this helps.
rpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:24 PM   #7

Don't really have to worry about the springs hitting the glass. No matter how I grab them they always seem to use my fingers as padding to protect the glass. Very strong springs. No worries about the lights falling out going down the road.
ItsWhatWeDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:06 PM   #8

I actually wrap my hand around the light and pull straight down, as I can get my hand around the body of the light fixture I choke up on it and essentially pull the light right down into my closed hand. This prevents the clips from snapping and I can then move them one at a time to rest against the lens.

To reinstall, I typically work one side into place, then feed the other side into the opening with the clip pointed straight up.

I hope this helps.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:47 PM   #9
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
.... Did you get the replacement light from Entegra or online?
No replacement yet Chuck - just swapped the "strobe light" for one in a location we never use (lights over the washer/dryer). I'll get 'em to send me one in a few weeks when travel slows down.

Thanks for all the responses folks - if the search function on this site would work worth a darn, this thread might help someone in the future.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:19 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I was standing at the kitchen counter this AM drying dishes when a lens from one of the ceiling lights whacked me on the shoulder ......then it fell on the floor and shattered!
Strange thing is we've been parked in Aguanga, CA for the past week.....so no rough roads to cause it to happen. Must have been a delayed reaction.....!
Must say though, I was impressed by how beefy those lenses are....that was a lot of glass to sweep up!

Guess now I'll add "checking all the lens" to our list of things to do when we pull off the road at the end of the day.

Rob
2016 Entegra Aspire 44B, 2018 Ford F450 Dually /w Lance 1191 Camper, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited, 2018 Lincoln Navigator,FFR Mk #3 Roadster
Snkbyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceiling, light