RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2017, 10:11 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
Picture number 8

Is that an AAV (air admittance vent) in the corner? I was told by the service tech that there wasn't one there. I believe that is the source of the smell everyone complains about. Now after seeing how complicated it would be to get to it I can understand why he didn't want to tackle the job. Very poor design by Entegra. Any parts that are possible to need replacing should be put out of reach. I could have easily been put on the access panel side IMHO.
I thought every drain has to be vented, either through the roof or with an AAV. My Aspire definitely has an AAV on the washer drain line in the right rear corner. I replaced it with a Studor when I replaced the washer recently. The ony way to access it would be to remove the dryer. The AAV was not bad, but it would be a lot of work to replace it if it did go bad.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2017, 12:03 AM   #16

Oddly enough, after posting that I would NOT want to do this job, I ended up doing it in the last couple of days...Karma maybe?

I found that I did not have to cut the wood backer in the face frame ledger. Instead I unscrewed it and dropped it down in front of the dryer, removed the screw that holds the angle bracket to he wood block, used a putty knife and mallet to remove the angle bracket that is glued to the top of the dryer, pulled the dryer knob off, and then tipped the dryer back enough to slip the face frame piece down the front of the dryer below the control knob (right side of the dryer) and the start switch (left).

Once it was slipped down out of the way, I was able to get to the screws in the wood block to remove them and slip the face frame piece up above the control knob and start switch and tip it back on to the top of the dryer. Once there it is easy to turn sideways and remove.

Not sure why Entegra puts the screws in the wood block where they do...very difficult to unscrew and really don't hold well. When I put the block back I pilot drilled and screwed them at an angle that I could get to and really stabilize the block and then replace the aluminum angle using commercial grade 3M double stick instead of epoxy. I think it was easier, worked better, and required no cure time.

Removing the dryer is not for the faint of heart. At all. In my case I had to remove the washer as well in order for Whirlpool to work on it (they won't work on it in the coach...liability.) The washer is not technically difficult to remove, but it's a bitch to lift out and get out of the coach. Very heavy for two strong guys and hard to keep from damaging the interior of the coach. I recommend taking the washer door off...two screws and now you don't have the door sticking out and it provides another hand hold to lift it.

None of this was fun, I don't recommend it.

RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote