Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2017, 07:26 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
How to wax an Entegra

This is probably a dumb question and when someone gives me the answer I'll probably slap myself. Oh well here goes.

How do you wax the front of the roof over the nose? I'm over 6 ft tall and I can't reach far enough up to cover the area standing on ladder or scaffolding. Working from the roof I can't reach far enough over to meet when I left off from the bottom. I don't want to go over the top to far and start the slide of life time to the concrete. Not to interested in telling someone to hold my beer and watch this.
jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2017, 07:41 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Looking forward to hear that answer. That area is still unwaxed on mine.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:00 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I use a 3 foot wash brush with a microfiber towel wrapped over the brush for that section. Wipe on... Wipe off.
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:12 AM   #4

We used the WashWaxAll extending mop on the front cap of our Foretravel (and plan the same for the next coach). We had extra covers so we could use one set for wet washing if needed, then fresh clean ones for the WWA. You could wrap a smoother (regular) microfiber cloth over the loopy pad for applying wax/Meguiar's M21 if needed. Some binder clips on the backside would secure it.

https://washwax.com/the-mop.html

Michelle
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:31 AM   #5

At home I have an eleven foot step ladder and with my foot long orbital buffer I can wax that area. I practically have to lie on roof with feet on ladder. Nerve racking...yes!!! it helps if DW gets on roof and we pass buffer back and forth.
grr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:48 PM   #6

I can get top half by kneeling and leaning over from the roof
And then the bottom half with a 10 foot ladder extended over the windshield
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:04 PM   #7

I get someone else to do it when it needs paste wax. Technique and style points don't matter. When I do it I use a good wash and wax product and a painters extendable pole with a micro pad (12 ft) off a platform ladder to reach. I have it paste waxed once a year by local detailers where ever I am.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:19 PM   #8

Hi Jeff - I'll sit in a chair and watch holding yours and my beer.....

This is what I did. While on the roof I waxed as much as I could reach of the front top cap. I then got out my ladder that I bought from Homedepot, extended it and put my pool noodles on the end of it. I then placed the ladder up against the front cap and slowly moved the ladder from right to left applying the wax. It was a little tricky but I was able to do the complete top of the cap. The key was to do as much as possible while on the roof so you don't have to over extend yourself while on the ladder...Sorry no pictures and definitely no beers until your done with the ladder.
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:46 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for all the replies. I was thinking abut building some platform that came down from the ceiling, but I think that was a bigger task than it was worth. Last night a friend of mine came over and we think we can reach far enough to get the job done, him stretching from the roof and me on the scaffolding.

Paul if you want to assist I will buy you some craft beer that is brewed locally and only sold locally. Even let you plug in your coach Hope your travels are going well.
jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:10 AM   #10

Jeff, I believe Dianne waxed the cap area while Paul sat in the shade with an ice cold one !

Paul, We also hope your western trip is good.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhobbs54 View Post
Thanks for all the replies. I was thinking abut building some platform that came down from the ceiling, but I think that was a bigger task than it was worth. Last night a friend of mine came over and we think we can reach far enough to get the job done, him stretching from the roof and me on the scaffolding.

Paul if you want to assist I will buy you some craft beer that is brewed locally and only sold locally. Even let you plug in your coach Hope your travels are going well.
Sounds like a plan....will be passing thru in August. Trying to get into Spartan for the ball joint recall so we may have to stay an additional five days or so. Travel is going better than expected. Just left Big Bend NP and heading to New Mexico then onto Colorado.....Diane says hello and say hello to Cheryl for us.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
Jeff, I believe Dianne waxed the cap area while Paul sat in the shade with an ice cold one !

Paul, We also hope your western trip is good.
Your just jealous because You had to do your own....And no, I didn't sit in the shade, I was sunning myself....

Trip is going well. Diane did an awesome job setting everything up....
Old 04-27-2017, 08:10 PM   #13

Nor'easters Club
BRIAN, your absolutely correct, I was with you that day , enjoying your Tennessee Honey, watching Paul supervise. Diane did a great Job!
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhobbs54 View Post
This is probably a dumb question and when someone gives me the answer I'll probably slap myself. Oh well here goes.

How do you wax the front of the roof over the nose? I'm over 6 ft tall and I can't reach far enough up to cover the area standing on ladder or scaffolding. Working from the roof I can't reach far enough over to meet when I left off from the bottom. I don't want to go over the top to far and start the slide of life time to the concrete. Not to interested in telling someone to hold my beer and watch this.
Easy - Just use a Credit Card. .

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra