RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2019, 06:28 AM   #1

Hurricane

Get your "Go BAG" ready for use Chuck and Mario and Gary and everyone else in Florida......

Gary

Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2019, 06:38 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
My Go Bag is the MH, it's always ready to evacuate. Thankfully, for us, this one is on the other side of the state.

2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 03:55 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Thankfully, for us, this on is one the other side of the state.
Thatís what I thought in 2005 when Wilma hit, coming from the Gulf Coast. It swept right across the peninsula and slammed us on the east coast. In addition to damage, some folks had no power for weeks.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:04 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Coming back from a camping trip today, I stopped to top off both the fuel and LP tanks, so we're ready for when the power goes out (it WILL go out if the storm gets anywhere near us in Jacksonville).
I was just out standing on the other side of the street studying my next door neighbor's big tree, trying to decide how far into my driveway it would fall IF it fell that direction. Looks like I need to move the RV to the far side of the drive for the most safety.
Old 08-28-2019, 05:23 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Coach is stocked and tanks are full. I can have perishables and clothes loaded in the time it takes Rick to close our shutters. Our S&B has lots of long term storage food, water and that generator is ready. 20+ years of living in Florida and a little OCD...we tend to be ready by the start of storm season.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:26 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
That’s what I thought in 2005 when Wilma hit, coming from the Gulf Coast. It swept right across the peninsula and slammed us on the east coast. In addition to damage, some folks had no power for weeks.
Been there as well. Bought fresh gas for the generator today, checked that hurricane shutters are working and filled the 5 gallon water bottles. Evening news is saying it could come across closer to us, but still to soon to tell. Be safe over on your coast.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 08-28-2019, 06:38 PM   #7

Quote:
My Go Bag is the MH, it's always ready to evacuate. Thankfully, for us, this on is one the other side of the state.
As of 6 PM tonight, European computer models have it going right thru Charlotte County.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:39 PM   #8

Watching the computer models... They are in almost perfect agreement to the 75th parallel... That's not a great thing, that puts it on an almost direct aim (for the center) with Daytona / Canaveral right now. The track after that is still in flux, and where my RV is stored just north of Jax in Georgia (within sight of the border) is too close for comfort for me. There's also a line of giant pine trees right behind the yard.

I'm going up there Friday most likely to move it out of the way of the storm. If anyone wants to come visit... You can find me at the Pilot station at I-75 and I-10.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:42 PM   #9

In fort myers the euro is showing going right over us
Daverene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:55 PM   #10

It's times like this that I'm glad I live in the scrotum part of the state.
Oversoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 05:16 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
As of 6 PM tonight, European computer models have it going right thru Charlotte County.
Yep, it changed again and we still have 5 more days of changes. The Nat. Hurricane Center has impact in the Melborne area crossing north of Tampa. They won't know until they know. A lot of people need to be prepared as it is not going up the east coast as first predicted.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 08-29-2019, 06:42 AM   #12

Quote:
Yep, it changed again and we still have 5 more days of changes. The Nat. Hurricane Center has impact in the Melborne area crossing north of Tampa. They won't know until they know. A lot of people need to be prepared as it is not going up the east coast as first predicted.

North of Tampa would be us. 3 coaches here. Will be filling water tanks for us and a large water tote for horse. Should be interesting.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:43 AM   #13

I have the unfortunate luck to to be taking delivery of my 2016 30' Coachman Freelander today. :(

Is there any preferred direction to park my unit on property to better handle the winds?
ChucksterCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:50 AM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
been living in south Florida for 20 years. Classical problem...go north...or south. Too soon to tell but if the current track holds I would go south. Will no more in 48 hours.

I have hidden behind brick buildings, but into the wind is the direction to go if you have room. Any RV can handle 70 or 80 or more in the normal driving direction. However, I have seen a lot of lighting equipment fall, so watch out for that as well.

Sbrownstein is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
hurricane