Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2018, 09:13 PM   #57

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Just curious but wonder if your installation will be less complicated/expensive since your Affinity already has HWH air leveling? Thinking some of the components are already there.....12V compressor, etc?
I thought the same thing on my Magna but got the same full week to install and about $10,500 install with tax.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2018, 09:05 AM   #58

Entegra Owners Club
This is fantastic news Debbie and thanks for such a detailed report. I can’t wait to get our installed on July 16th. Safe travels: wavey
Old 06-17-2018, 11:29 AM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
BTW ... the little air compressor that is near the steps talked about here is ONLY for auto leveling the coach at a campsite. It is not to add air to the airbags underway and won't actually be running at all when you are traveling. The spartan air that has always been there for the bags and the brakes is what is used. So, that little air compressor won't be harmed by the elements much because it is not on and is not essential to the process.
Don't want to take anything away from an awesome system but the Thomas 12V pump works the same way in the legacy HWH air suspension. It's an auxiliary compressor that provides air when you are parked. It's gets gunk in it while driving even though the pump is not running. Then it stops working and the coach will not level without starting the diesel engine to air up the main system.

Again I'm a big fan of HWH systems and really impressed by the active air system. I hope someone speaks to them about putting a shroud or something around the pump to protect it.

All the best!
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:34 AM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
X2 on vito.a’s comment.
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:14 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
Don't want to take anything away from an awesome system but the Thomas 12V pump works the same way in the legacy HWH air suspension. It's an auxiliary compressor that provides air when you are parked. It's gets gunk in it while driving even though the pump is not running. Then it stops working and the coach will not level without starting the diesel engine to air up the main system.

Again I'm a big fan of HWH systems and really impressed by the active air system. I hope someone speaks to them about putting a shroud or something around the pump to protect it.

All the best!

Agreed Vito, I’m designing a shroud System now to install on mine.

Mark
MxChief66-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:27 PM   #62

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxChief66-1 View Post
Agreed Vito, I’m designing a shroud System now to install on mine.

Mark
Great Mark, share with us when you have completed it.
Jim
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:22 PM   #63

Ok. Someone please tell me why HWH is better than Hadley?
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:26 PM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
How about telling us why Hadley is better than HWH since you must like their system.
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:35 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerman View Post
How about telling us why Hadley is better than HWH since you must like their system.
I have no idea as I don't know the WHW system. I am asking to educate myself. What does it do that Hadley doesn't/can't?
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:43 PM   #66

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post

All the best!
Luckily on my CC my aux pump is mounted in an electrical bay with no dirt getting to it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 03:48 PM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Ok. Someone please tell me why HWH is better than Hadley?
I'm not sure if it is "better" than the Hadley system ... Hadley won't do "after market" ... at least that is my understanding.

I think HWH Active Air is the only option for folks like myself who have a coach that didn't come with Hadley.

Although I could be wrong ... I think Cruser posted awhile back saying what the difference is. I just can't find it at the moment.

BTW ... I'm home in NOLA and the coach is at Pontchartrain Landing until this weekend ... then we will take it back to Bella Terra. I made it ...and all by myself! See gals ... everyone needs to learn to drive the coach, if for nothing else, if something goes wrong.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:13 PM   #68

Entegra Owners Club
Lynn, your did awesome!!!
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:14 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I'm not sure if it is "better" than the Hadley system ... Hadley won't do "after market" ... at least that is my understanding.

I think HWH Active Air is the only option for folks like myself who have a coach that didn't come with Hadley.

Although I could be wrong ... I think Cruser posted awhile back saying what the difference is. I just can't find it at the moment.

BTW ... I'm home in NOLA and the coach is at Pontchartrain Landing until this weekend ... then we will take it back to Bella Terra. I made it ...and all by myself! See gals ... everyone needs to learn to drive the coach, if for nothing else, if something goes wrong.
Lynn,

You rock!

We applaud you doing this on your own and appreciate the updates!

Sending prayers for your husband to kick a#* on the Big C!!

Chris & Barb
Conchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:35 PM   #70

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
I have no idea as I don't know the WHW system. I am asking to educate myself. What does it do that Hadley doesn't/can't?
I have Active air, and test drove a Hadley system
Both on newmar coaches. From the drivers seat, it is hard to tell the difference between the two under normal driving conditions. They are both very good.

The difference is in how the system predicts weight shift. Hadley does not predict, but rather reacts. HWH has a sensor around the steering column that registers very slight movements in the wheel, and uses that data to predict weight shift, and pre-loads the airbags.

I was able to tell a difference when doing an emergency lane maneuver at 55mph. The Hadley system acted like any other system would...meaning it did nothing and scared the heck out of the poor sales guy that was with me.

The HWH system handles this amazingly well. You have to live it to believe it.

Under normal driving conditions Hadley has plenty of time to react and does a great job.

Air leveling features are similar, but I like the feature Hadley has for "hunting " for a good spot to level. Since HWH doesn't do this, I have a level I place on the floor that I have learned where my tolerances are. It's a good guesstimate at best.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, hwh, install