RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2019, 09:59 AM   #1

HWH Vs. Valid Suspension on a Ď20 Cornerstone

So Iím just about ready to pull the trigger on a Ď20 Cornerstone 45Y. I drove it the other day and the ride and handling was a noticeable improvement over my Ď17 Anthem, also love the new steering!

Anyway, I had always planned on installing HWH active air in my next coach, but now with the Valid system coming standard, Iím wondering if I should still put the HWH on or not?

Does anybody have personal experience with both systems? Has anybody installed an HWH system on a 2020?

Thanks in advance!

Pwdr Extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2019, 12:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwdr Extreme View Post
So Iím just about ready to pull the trigger on a Ď20 Cornerstone 45Y. I drove it the other day and the ride and handling was a noticeable improvement over my Ď17 Anthem, also love the new steering!

Anyway, I had always planned on installing HWH active air in my next coach, but now with the Valid system coming standard, Iím wondering if I should still put the HWH on or not?

Does anybody have personal experience with both systems? Has anybody installed an HWH system on a 2020?

Thanks in advance!
I havenít had the HWH, but I canít imagine it would be better than the Valid air on the 2020 Cornerstone.

Old 12-08-2019, 04:16 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry this is not a "direct" answer and no help concerning HWH, but the Valid Air on our previous '15 Allegro Bus 45LP was hands down better than the Hadley in our Anthem... both driving and parked. I say that because I would find it hard to be disappointed in the 2020 Cornerstone's OEM Valid Air if that is the route you end up taking. I'm sure Entegra didn't just arbitrarily switch from Hadley to Valid.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:35 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
HWH Active Air is a far superior system. Compare how the system works? ( multiple air level valves on the coach, steering wheel sensor, & Air line size ( with the bigger air lines on the HWH , allow quicker air movement from side to side, in heavy crosswind)) Then there is immediate reaction time , in an evasive action at high speed on the interstate. HWH is the real deal.
GoneWithTheWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:57 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
My understanding is that Valid Air is "almost" as good as HWH ... so if I were to buy a coach with Valid Air, I would not spend the extra $10 Grand for HWH .... however, if I were to buy a coach without either Valid or HWH ... I would not hesitate to put HWH on! HWH was one of the best decisions we have made and now will probably keep this coach forever!
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneWithTheWind View Post
HWH Active Air is a far superior system. Compare how the system works? ( multiple air level valves on the coach, steering wheel sensor, & Air line size ( with the bigger air lines on the HWH , allow quicker air movement from side to side, in heavy crosswind)) Then there is immediate reaction time , in an evasive action at high speed on the interstate. HWH is the real deal.
And you got your information about this from? HWH
Old 12-09-2019, 06:02 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry folks, but as an engineer, I called all three companies and determined that HWH was the only product that constantly in real-time adjusted its ride and air bags for maximum safety. HWH computer receives approximately 200 signals per second and adjusts its bags once a second. None of these systems do that while your driving. Entegra's systems adjust ride height about every 20-30 secs. That's all. During my test drive with HWH, I was instructed to take the exit off I-80 at highway speed, not the posted 25mph. It was awesome, and my coach just floated around the exit like I was on a cloud. No comparison at all.
Jim
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:05 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry, I get fingered the number of signals per sec. It receives approx 100 signals per second from the four added sensors around the coach.
Jim
Old 12-09-2019, 06:07 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Here's the article I wrote for ECOA a year ago on HWH.
https://entegraowners.com/resources/...Jan%202019.pdf
Jim
Old 12-10-2019, 12:17 AM   #10

Careful as some digital dash control features allows you to manually level the coach on air with the Oem valid. For that reason I would stick with what they ship.

Just be happy your not on Hadley...
ChuckGirard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:33 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwdr Extreme View Post
I drove it the other day and the ride and handling was a noticeable improvement over my Ď17 Anthem, also love the new steering!
Not being a brand person, but if you like the handling and the ride, that is all that would matter to me. JMO. I have what others call the junk Hadley system, it drives great for me.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:02 PM   #12

The ride and handling of my 19 Cornerstone are Excellent. Maybe the Valid or HWH are better but they can't be much better as mine is very good

Gary

Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, suspension