Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2014, 10:44 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
I hate to ask

There is a downside to so much information and so many helpful folks out here - occasionally when I try to find something I saw a while back, I can't locate it even if I've tried to bookmark it.

There was a post about a reel for a the cable TV Wiring that had been put into the wring bay.

Also what are the model numbers for the puck light LED's and for the Map lights?

So sorry to have to ask and thanks in advance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2014, 10:49 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
no apologies necessary !

Have you tried the search box at the top of the forum ?

Is this it ?
https://www.google.com/search?q=cabl...com&gws_rd=ssl

or google

Amazon.com: cable tv reel

but you are correct, was looking for a thread the other day and it's gone off the radar this forums is SO active - but that's a good thing IMHO !
Old 06-09-2014, 12:06 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Post 539 of "Tell others about your modifications" is the cable reel I think you are asking about.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
You can get LED's for the puck lights for $6 each at http://shop.americanrver.com/index.cgi?code=3&cat=6

The warm white ones are a close color match to the ones you are removing.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks - I did try the search box but was led to "Tell Others..." but not a specific post. I really appreciate the links.

And thanks Marc - we only have one puck light that isn't already LED. The fixture was bad and we couldn't get it to let go. Entegra replaced it, but would only use the original bulb type.

Also replaced out 2 puck lights over the PS sofa and over the bed with the same lights as the map lights behind the front seats. I'll try to find six of those.

How did your trip to Michiana go or is going?
Old 06-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
It is amazing how much our Entegra forum has grown, Emerson. It is getting hard for me to find things I read a month ago, let alone six months ago.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:14 PM   #7

Try google, that's how I end up finding old posts on forums...
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post

There was a post about a reel for a the cable TV Wiring that had been put into the wring bay.
Not sure if this is the one you referred to, but, this is the one that works well for me: Coax Cable RG 6 TV camper RV Accessories RV | eBay

Take care,
Stu
Old 06-09-2014, 02:39 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Emerson, I bookmarked Gary's link, this is it. Order me one too. I am looking to install it behind the Central Vac unit on the wall if it fits. I have so many other mods going right now I can't see straight.

Campers Friend - Quality products for the Camping, Motor Home, and RV enthusiast
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:33 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Emerson, I bookmarked Gary's link, this is it. Order me one too. I am looking to install it behind the Central Vac unit on the wall if it fits. I have so many other mods going right now I can't see straight.

Campers Friend - Quality products for the Camping, Motor Home, and RV enthusiast
Not sure you really want me to - the Co. is in NC and I have to pay tax...

Old 06-09-2014, 05:22 PM   #11

Make sure you get the reel with RG6 coax cable and not the one with the R59 coax which is a few dollars cheaper. Here is some info on these 2 cables.
RG 59

RG 59 Coaxial Cable
RG59 cable has been around for a long time. This cable used to be what most people used for their cable TV connection. However, modern signal requirements have made this cable less popular in the last few years. RG 59 has a smaller conductor than RG 6, which means that it can’t achieve the same signal quality as RG 6. The way its shielding is designed also means that it doesn’t keep Gigahertz level signals inside the conductor very well. This is why RG 59 probably isn’t a good choice for your TV or internet connection.

RG 59 Siamese Coaxial Cable
RG 59 is good for lower frequency signals (anything under about 50 MHz). That makes it a good choice for a closed circuit television (CCTV) video surveillance system. You can even make your installation easier by getting what’s called “Siamese coaxial cable.” This cable consists of a RG 59 cable merged together with a 2C power cable. By using this type of cable you can run the power and video for your security cameras simultaneously, effectively cutting your install time in half. Also some older HD TV’s still use lower frequencies (around 37 MHz), making RG 59 a better choice for them.

RG6 Coaxial Cable
RG 6

All of the new demands required by, satellite signals and broadband internet made it necessary to find a more effective coaxial cable. RG6 cable was designed to fulfill these requirements. It has a larger conductor, which gives you much better signal quality. The dielectric insulation was made thicker as well, which means it is much less likely to carry an electric current that could damage your sensitive electronics. RG 6 is also made with a different kind of shielding, which allows it to more effectively handle Ghz level signals.

The Bottom Line

RG 6 is generally a much better choice for your CATV, satellite, TV antenna, or broadband internet. RG 59 is generally better for most CCTV systems. What you really need to consider are the frequency ratings your equipment uses. If your equipment uses higher frequencies (above 50 MHz), then you’ll want to go with RG 6. If your frequencies are lower than that, then you’ll want to use RG 59.
Wineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:12 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I just want to watch Robin Meade on Headline News when trees block my Direct TV connection!!

Thanks for the info. The one most of us are looking at says it's 59.

Anyone had an issue with the 59 on the reel discussed above?
Old 06-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #13

Here is the link to the RG6 reel.
Wineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:28 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineman View Post
Thanks a bunch - that link looked like the other one but sure enough it took to me to 6.

As I noted at the beginning, this forum is a great resource.