Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2015, 07:41 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoRed View Post
We are in San Antonio also and are looking to buy an Aspire. Where did you buy from? Thanks!
I'd suggest trying MHSRV in Alvarado, TX. I've bought from them before and had a pretty good experience. Plus, they usually have a large inventory of Entegras in stock. There is also an Entegra dealer in Lubbock if you feel like driving that far.

Good luck!
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2015, 12:01 PM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
We love our Entegra Anthem!! We picked it up, used, last spring. Being 2 years old (at the time) I was worried about having issues with it, being out of factory warranty. Only for my "OCD" and wanting everything to be perfect, we have had no major issues. What few problems/questions we've had, Ted and the rest of the CS team have always been there for us. I have been looking at Entegra's every year at Hersey for quite a while. Just could not find another brand that measured up. "Options" get you no where (on trades) whereas everything is "standard" with Entegra. Its our 3rd motorhome and I am glad to finally own one! Our next one, will just be a newer one, but still an Entegra!

The only thing that really stinks? It's looking at it in the driveway with snow all around it... pesky jobs
jbreault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:23 AM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
Went to the Tampa show and looked at every other coach out there to see if anyone had come up with something better than our Cornerstone in the same relative price class. The answer was "NO!" Given the fit and finish, floorplan, chassis, and storage - Entegra wins again for us (not that I was ready to trade it in)

Do we have some issues, Sure. So does everyone in every coach. All in all, we are still extremely happy with our decision. u
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:55 AM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
I already made my "I love my Entrga" post earlier and what I'm about to say next will probably get me into hot water again with the moderators, but I really don't care (there is a Supporter tag by my name so I feel I should be able to make a suggestion). Who knows this may be my last post if I get the axe.

The OP post made the comment that when there's lots of carping about Entegra it makes him want to read the forum less and less and I fully agree. Why do non-Entegra owns feel compelled to offer suggestions based on zero knowledge of Entegra or make disparaging remarks. Case in point, recently there was a post regarding battery capacity and it's humorous and frustrating at the same time the number of replies posted from owners of C's or A Gassers telling the OP'er to switch his refrigerator to gas and extolling all the virtues of having an absorption refrigerator. Really!!! Now those were posts that came from lots of knowledge about Entegra. Or then there's the wonderful post from the individual stating we should get a Freightliner chassis and skip the headaches of having a Spartan! I'm sure that was really helpful to the OP'er.

This kind of stuff is a real turn off. If I don't have first hand knowledge of an issue I'll keep my opinions to myself. If someone like myself has drank the KoolAide and see's my coach thru rose colored glasses who am I to set them straight. I don't go on other brand's threads and try to give them advise about their coaches (in fact this now is the only thread I come to).

I think Entegra is an outstanding company and they have treated me above and beyond anything I would expect from a manufacture.

There, I feel so much better now ;-)
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:54 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
I already made my "I love my Entrga" post earlier and what I'm about to say next will probably get me into hot water again with the moderators, but I really don't care (there is a Supporter tag by my name so I feel I should be able to make a suggestion). Who knows this may be my last post if I get the axe.

The OP post made the comment that when there's lots of carping about Entegra it makes him want to read the forum less and less and I fully agree. Why do non-Entegra owns feel compelled to offer suggestions based on zero knowledge of Entegra or make disparaging remarks. Case in point, recently there was a post regarding battery capacity and it's humorous and frustrating at the same time the number of replies posted from owners of C's or A Gassers telling the OP'er to switch his refrigerator to gas and extolling all the virtues of having an absorption refrigerator. Really!!! Now those were posts that came from lots of knowledge about Entegra. Or then there's the wonderful post from the individual stating we should get a Freightliner chassis and skip the headaches of having a Spartan! I'm sure that was really helpful to the OP'er.

This kind of stuff is a real turn off. If I don't have first hand knowledge of an issue I'll keep my opinions to myself. If someone like myself has drank the KoolAide and see's my coach thru rose colored glasses who am I to set them straight. I don't go on other brand's threads and try to give them advise about their coaches (in fact this now is the only thread I come to).

I think Entegra is an outstanding company and they have treated me above and beyond anything I would expect from a manufacture.

There, I feel so much better now ;-)
I smell what you're cookin'...

I tend to agree.. and I'm sorry to say... I am an owner of "SOB" and I've given my .02 cents worth from time to time.. I try not to give "stupid" advice.. but I do read it a lot, where people have no business commenting on threads.. but that is the nature of the beast with forums.. you're going to get opinions all across the board...

Personally... what I hate most.. is the constant "mine is better than yours" fight that inevitably breaks out between two certain manufactures ... That's what turns me off the most.. and it happens from both sides.. its like we're in high school again..

These two manufactures, which will remain nameless , make great coaches... Someday.. I might own one.. and just because I buy one over the other doesn't mean that one is better.. it just means that one works better for me... and I'm sure, that is exactly what you guys did.. you bought the one that works best for you...

Congratulations to you all for living the dream... someday, when I can finally see the taillights on my kids cars going down the road.. I can switch gears and join you're club...
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:06 AM   #48
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think that Terry was saying that owners of other brands can't make posts here. I do believe he was talking about all the negative and non-constructive posts that tend to surface here every now and then. I agree with him that they do get annoying but I just choose to ignore them. I do offer positive comments here if I can help in some way, even though I do not currently own an Entegra.

Actually, I'm pleasantly surprised and didn't expect that this topic has gone this far without someone coming and telling you Entegra owners that you are all wrong. That's nice to see for a change.

But that's what you get when throw a bunch of diverse RV owners into the same virtual room - lots of different opinions.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:10 AM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
TerryO, I am glad you made that post as it echoes my own feelings. It annoys me when somebody with an entirely different coach gives advice on how to manage things. I have seen people give advice on how to set an inverter when it was a totally different brand than the inverter installed, talk about checking water in batteries that were AGM batteries, check the propane when someone is not getting heat from their diesel-fired Aquahot, etc. People should be sure of what they are saying before they post. A large percentage of posts by SOB owners give totally incorrect opinions or advice.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:49 AM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
IMHO, if you don't know what you are talking about....don't post about it. For example I would never post telling some guy in his 5er how to backup or setup his rig. If I had the same frig or AC unit he has, then my input might help. Having other folks with different batteries, inverters, or fridges chime is is just static. It is especially bad when some wise guy says you should've bought what I bought....
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:46 PM   #51

Entegra Owners Club
Terry, thank you for echoing my feelings. I sometimes will answer those posts as how it really pertains to an Entegra I would hate to see new Entegra owners running around in left field with the wrong answers in hand. Bad information is worse than no information. From experience, there is nothing on one of my 20 year old MH's that is even comparable to my current Entegra.....the tires are round, but totally different in construction. Thank you for pointing that out.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 05:42 PM   #52

X15 what everyone above has said, and IMHO this discussion is long overdue. There! I have it out of my system and back to the real world of an open and free forum.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:28 PM   #53

Entegra Owners Club
Yes, we do love our Anthem. Is there some minor problems? Sure! However Entegra and Lazydays Tucson has been great about taking care of the problems.
When we decide to trade in a few years, it will definitely be an Entegra. Maybe a Cornerstone if they come up with better floor plans......

This is a great thread!
Whitewater18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:28 AM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Goldensadie
We are about to take delivery of our first Entegra Aspire RBQ in less than 2 weeks! It's awesome to read all the positive comments about these RV's! Trading in our 2011 Tuscany which has been good to us, just too many things about the layout, dining table, queen bed, etc. that we didn't care for. Also we're told the dual axle on the Entegra gives a much better, smoother ride. We were all over the road with the single axel especially when it was windy or a tractor trailer truck passed by.
Goldensadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:40 AM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
It's true about the tandem axle. I traded a 40ft Monaco with duals for the Entegra with tandems and it is unbelieveable how much that 40footer was affected by passing trucks vs the rock steady tandem axle. The Entegras are also noticeably quieter. You rarely hear the engine noise. Most of the cockpit noise is generated by the wind or the stereo!
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:54 AM   #56

Entegra Owners Club
X2, plus the tandem axle eliminates almost all of the porpoising that was a "feature" of my two-axle Beaver.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote